Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database

I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

0
atc769

You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre
8/9/2006 7:43:57 PM

Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a basic cut and paste solution.

My table name is Contractors and I want to move it from the Setup database to the Projects database

so I guess it would be : insert * from contractors into.... and then I am totaly lost.

Can you help?

atc769
8/9/2006 9:22:11 PM

I am sure that you have found the answer to this question as it has been a couple years since it was opened.

I am putting the actual easiest way to do this incase someone else needs the info.

insert into dbo.Emp_Email Select * from employee.dbo.Employee_List

Break down

Insert into [destination table] Select * from [database.source table] all fields must be the same data type as some conversons will not work e.g  First_Name varchar(50) must be the same in both tables.

0
tmacpherson