Is Microsoft free* elearning for Sql Server 2005 useful for learning SQL Server 2000?

I'm working towards MCAD and as elective I want to do the SQL Server course. The exam is on SQL Server 2000.  I was just wondering whether the online course that Microsoft currently have a available for free at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/sqlserver2005/default.aspx would be useful and applicable to SQL Server 2000, or whether it is sufficiently different product to make it confusing to use this as a learning resource.
Also if anyone can point me toward any webcasts for SQL Server that would be great. I listened to Fritz Onion's 15 part series when I studied  for my ASP.NET exam and would like to do something similar for SQL Server 2000 if any are available.

0
woodcocs
2/13/2006 3:05:11 PM
📁 asp.net.sql-datasource
📃 29906 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1129 Views

Try the link below for SQL Server related Web cast but I don't think it will help you pass SQL Server 2000 exam because there is a lot of difference between both products Microsoft spent $5 billion on just the Calculus end of the product.  I have given you the best resource for the exam which is the Robert Vieira book.  Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764543792/ref=pd_sbs_b_2/103-8611132-6819033?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155

http://msdn.microsoft.com/SQL/community/webcasts/default.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie