import one table from one database to another database

if i have one table from database A, and i want to copy the table to database B, then how to do it in SQL server management studio express? is it i have to make sql query?
Taj Freewarez
No limitations...It is not a shareware...It is simply free :)
http://tajfreeware.blogspot.com
0
aristotle85

try

     select * into databaseB.dbo.TableA
            from databaseA.dbo.TableA

or go to database B and run

  select * into TableA
              from databaseA.dbo.TableA

This will not copy constraints only data.

if it will not work right click on database and from task select import or export and select source destination , table to copy and run created SSIS package.

Thanks

JPazgier
0
jpazgier
2/2/2007 5:45:25 PM
i don't try yet the query. anyway, i right click on the database but i don't find any task that saying select import or export?

Taj Freewarez
No limitations...It is not a shareware...It is simply free :)
http://tajfreeware.blogspot.com
0
aristotle85
2/3/2007 2:08:25 AM
i don't try yet the query. anyway, i right click on the database but i don't find any task that saying select import or export?

Taj Freewarez
No limitations...It is not a shareware...It is simply free :)
http://tajfreeware.blogspot.com
0
aristotle85
2/3/2007 2:09:59 AM

Right click on your database in Object Explorer and in menu select tasks and next import export, Sorry it does not work in Management studio express, nut if you have SP1 and integration developments studio installed you can do it inside it.

Thanks

JPazgier
0
jpazgier

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

How to copy a table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie using pb8.02 I'm uisng ms-access 2000 I'd database abc & xyz that contains customer table I want to copy some record on abc.customer to xyz.customer How ? What is the easy way ? should I using datawindow ? (i meant should I always had dw to got this purpose ? ) please advice steven DataWindow purists will flinch, but I think an embedded SQL INSERT INTO xyz.customer (SELECT ... FROM abc.customer) is the clearest way to do that. Two datawindows/datastores, retrieve the first, RowsCopy, Update on the second will also work. Pi...

Table transfer from one Database to another Database
Hi,I want to transfer one table to transfer another table using dataset and writing ASP.NET code, tables are in different databases, and databases are in different servers. I wrote the following code, the second table is empty initially; public DataSet DS1;public DataSet DS2;public SqlDataAdapter DA2; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ // get dataset from database1 and display in gridSqlConnection conn1 = new SqlConnection("server=(local);database=;Uid=;password="); String strSQL1 = "select * from myTable1"; SqlDataAdapter DA1 = new SqlDataAdapter(strSQL1,conn1...

How to copy table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm uisng pb8 How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer table in (XYZ databases) the selection row is : select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15 Please show me the code, step by step steven On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:30:37 -0400, steven wrote: >Hello to you, >I'm uisng pb8 > >How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer >table in (XYZ databases) > >the selection row is : >select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15 > >Please show me the code...

copying tables from one database to another database
i am using visual web developer 2005 and SQL Express 2005 with VB  as the code behindi have two databases . i want to copy all the tables with all the contents from one database to another database programaticallyhow to achieve this ?please help me  easiest way is to use the detach - attach method or backup and restoreKH...

How to Import the data form One database to another database ?
Hi All i populate 2 datawindows in diffrent databases(one is pardox another is delphi database) we r going to merge the 2 database table fields which r equal at that time i need this database to be stored to Third database when button click i want to import the data in third database(any other like oracle or access sybase) ThanQ vasu Vasu; Yes, this is possible, but first - How are you populating the first 2 DW's? Also, Is their structure (columns) the same? What release of PB are you using? regards ... Chris "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com...

How to transfer the table & its data from one database to another database
Hi I need to transfer the records & strcuture of the table from Database1 to Database2. It is like export/import functionality SQL server. Is there any way to do like this in ASA 8.0.2 B'cos most of the time i need to transfer some of the objects with data from one database to another. Please help me in this regard Thanks in advance Shankar Hi, I am doing this through a few ISQL statements e.g. (connected to db1) SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS; OUTPUT TO "c:\\tmp\\customers.txt" FORMAT ASCII DELIMITED BY '\x09'; SELECT * FROM SUPPLIERS; OUTPUT...

how to copy one table from one database to another on different servers?
 Hello. I need to copy all of the rows in a table from a database on one server, to another existing table of the same name in a different database on a different server.  I'm trying to use a SELECT INTO statement.  Any idea how to do this?I've tried SELECT          *   INTO                  DestinationServer.dbo.DestinationDB.DestinationTableFROM             &nb...

Coping Database objects from one database to another blank database.
I want to create a duplicate database   in sql 2000 using asp.net from a webform I created a database using CREATE DATABASE ....... But how to copy tables, views, stored procedures to newly created database from old using asp.net from webform Is there any another method to create a duplicate database with another name from existing database on same server ? yes you can do have another DB with different name and that has everything the same .....!!!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com One way it can be done is with...

Copying information from One table to Another from 2 different databases on one server
Can I copy accross databases e.g.: In MS SQL I can: Insert into Database2..customer select * from Database1..customer Thanks in Advance Yes you can. The syntax in Sybase is same. The syntax is the same if you are on ASE. ASA does not support that syntax. You need to use a Proxy table instead. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

SQL Database (One and One Hosting)
Does anyone use One and One Internet (UK) for their hosting? I use them and when I published my site all membership feautures wouldn't work, I called the One and One support and they said that their servers only support SQL Databases if they were created using their own tool in their control panels. How would I get my site to use their database, I'm really not sure. If anyone else could help me out I'd be grateful. Kind Regards Mattie Hi there,If they are offering a web tool then you will need to configure the aspnetdb manually.Go to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 and e...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

MySQL DataTransfer from one database to another database
Hi , I've two database in mysql and I want to transfer data from my database to another database.   what is the System to do so. http://www.Net4developers.com http://www.AjaxSpider.com    A k Vermahttp://www.Net4Developers.com If you couldn't just transfer database files, you can script your database (script table definitions and table data) and run SQL script on your target server....

how to copy one database entries to another database
hi i have a windows based application and a web based application. the database of windows based application and web based application are same but located on different machiene. like windows based application is located on local machiene and web based databased is located on another machiene. Now my prob is that after inserting all the entries in local database i want to copy these entries to web database using my windows application on single click of the button. but i have no idea about it. how could i do this. Thanks in adwance. well you have to create a DTS id ur using sql 2000 or SSI...

Web resources about - import one table from one database to another database - asp.net.sql-datasource

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...