If my SQL Server Mangement Studio can connect to my SQL server...

Then does that mean my server is on? Cause when I try to connect to the server it says it doesnt exist or access denied. How can I fix this problem?

0
Qaiphyx

I think something might be wrong with the protocol or something of the sort, I know its connecting through the TCP/IP, or atleast should be, its on port 1433. Is this port correct?
0
Qaiphyx

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.Hope it helps,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com oh wait. I don't have the Express...

SQL Express

how can associated 'sa' with a trusted SQL Server connection in sql server 2005?
I want to use sa user login sql server 2005 to visit my database "dotnet20" but when I set the user property in User Mapping, It Report when I set it, An Error Occur like followCannot use the special principal 'sa'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405)and also when I want to Login sql server use 'sa' user, It Report Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)how can  associated 'sa' with a trusted SQL Server connection? I'm having this exact same problem. When I login using Windows authent. I can co...

Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?
Hi,Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?   You certainly can!I only use SQL 2005 Management Studio for accessing all my 2000/2005 instances/databases. ...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

Error while establishing a connection to the SQL server 2005
Hi, I had an old web application created during asp.net 1.1 and it have a connection problem with the sql server 2005 when it is mirgrated to a new webserver with dotnet framework 2.0 platform. I have enabled the remote access(TCP/IP and named pipes) in sql server 2005, did all the neccessary things, check whether the TCP/IP is enabled, named pipe is enabled...  I created another web application using VS 2005. The database connection works perfectly well.This are the connectionString from the old web application.<appSettings>    <add key="ConnectionString" value=...

SQL server management studio for SQL server 7 ??
 Hi, I have a Client using SQL server 7 and we want to access this database.However Server Management studio(on 2005) does not like the Server 7. Have  you got any suggestion to me? Best Regard You can go to Start ==> Run ==> Type MMC In MMC Select File ==> Add Remove Snapin ==> Add 'Select SQL Server' I hope this may work.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps youBest RegardsBrij Mohanhttp://www.dotnetglobe.com That doesnt work. The database is hosted in a remote location.And I need a database client tools for the...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

Web resources about - If my SQL Server Mangement Studio can connect to my SQL server... - asp.net.sql-datasource

Executive Style - Style - Luxury - Mangement - Lifestyle - For Men
Australia's leading digital source for luxury news, men's styling trends, prestige motoring, high-end spirits and fitness tips.

How Social Media Shaming Leads to Careful Reputation Mangement
We’ve seen the impact of mob mentality on social media frequently across the major networks. There must be justice — or at least the appearance ...

B2B Lead Blog » project mangement
Here’s a high-level overview of the steps the marketers at Skyline take to ensure they focus on innovation that produces recognition and revenue: ...

Telefonica to its M2M mangement platform
RACO Wireless has signed deals with Sprint Nextel and Telefonica to give users of its Omega machine-to-machine platform more choices when connecting ...

Fox Film Taps NBCU’s Salil Mehta To Be President Of Content Mangement
Salil Mehta had been COO and CFO of NBCUniversal’s Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media division since 2011. Now he has jumped ...

Okta Integrating Identity And Mobility Mangement On One Platform
As enterprise IT becomes ever more complex, organizations need to think about delivering a myriad of different applications to users via a staggering ...

Centrify Adds Hadoop to Server Identity Mangement Suite
Centrify has added identity management for Hadoop, the open source big data platform, to its Server Suite 2015 platform for credential management. ...

Changes to the AP’s Mangement Ranks
Changes to the AP’s Mangement Ranks

Barney: Charlie Sheen to be joined by dad Martin on 'Anger Mangement'
Barney: Charlie Sheen to be joined by dad Martin on 'Anger Mangement'

RACO adds Sprint and Telefónica to its M2M mangement platform
RACO Wireless has signed deals with Sprint Nextel and TelefA3nica to give users of its Omega machine-to-machine platform more choices when connecting ...