If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?

Thanks!

0
asdpai
8/15/2008 6:42:03 PM
๐Ÿ“ asp.net.sql-datasource
๐Ÿ“ƒ 29906 articles.
โญ 0 followers.

๐Ÿ’ฌ 1 Replies
๐Ÿ‘๏ธโ€๐Ÿ—จ๏ธ 1852 Views

Hi asdpai,

I am not sure ifย I catchย your meaning.
But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link:

Version and Edition Upgrades
How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)

Jian Kang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Jian
8/19/2008 10:23:52 AM