How to update data from this Database to orther Database ?

Please help me How to update data from this Database to orther Database ?

Thank

0
bamba

As long as the databases are on the same server, just prefix the table names with the database, example

use database2

go

 insert into database1..abc select * from xyz

go

Note the 2 periods between the database name adn the table name, this is where the owner would otherwise go, probably dbo in a production environment.  You can leave it empty (ie, just 2 dots) if it's dbo.

If the databases are on the different servers there is another solution but performance will be dramatically worse.  Let us know if that's the case, you'll need to set up a reference to the remote server

- David

Please click "Mark as Answer" on all posts that help you.
0
dbland07666
6/20/2007 3:18:13 PM

Thank You Very Much

But I want Update Data From Database on this Server To Database in other Server

Please Help me

Thank you

0
bamba

to do this your two servers should be linked, please refer this link >>> http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3116011

the syntax is server.database.dbo.table

should be helpful to you.

thanks,

satish.

Kind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.
Please save Animals Help World Society For Protection Of Animals,
Protect these speechless creatures of GOD
0
satish_nagdev
6/21/2007 3:13:52 AM

Sorry But I don't Understand

0
bamba
6/22/2007 7:31:30 AM

did you take a look at the link i posted in my last reply?

if you've SQL Server Books online, search for linked server, you should be able to find the required information.

basically what i meant by server.database.dbo.table is say you've server1 and server2 which are linked servers then you can run a query something like following

Select a.field1, b.field2 from server1.db1.dbo.table1 a, server2.db2.dbo.table2 where (some condition)

dbo is database owner, generally user who created or owns the table.

hope that clarifies.

thanks,

satish.

Kind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.
Please save Animals Help World Society For Protection Of Animals,
Protect these speechless creatures of GOD
0
satish_nagdev

DataSet rows being deleted, but after the update , the sql database is not updated. The delete rows still in the database.
 Stepping thru the code with the debugger shows the dataset rows being deleted.   After executing the code, and getting to the page presentation. Then I stop the debug and start the page creation process again ( Page_Load ).    The database still has the original deleted dataset rows. Adding rows works, then updating works fine, but deleting rows, does not seem to work.   The dataset is configured to send the DataSet updates to the database. Use the standard wizard to create the dataSet.     cDependChildTA.Fill(cDependChildDs._ClientDependentC...

updating Sql database from linked Access database
I got thrown into a new project that is going to require me to update an SQL server database tables from an Access table on the backend of an Oracle database on another server. At the end of each day the Access dabase will be updated from the Oracle database. What I need to do, is when the Access database is updated I need to have the table in the SQL database automaticaly updated. When a new record is added to the Access table I need the new record added to the SQL table. When a record is deleted in the Access table I need to keep that record in the SQL table and set a field to a value (...

How can I update a SQL database with an Access database
I need to update an SQL database with an access database that is built on queries.  I need to do this nightly.   Can someone explain how to write the query for this and then I could add it to my nightly maintenance.   Thank you DeeDarlene D. Murphydeemurphy_us@yahoo.com you can reference your Sql Database through Access either with linked tables or ADO.  As long as you have update rights on the Sql Tables, you can use your Access queries to update the Sql tables.Good Luck and happy programming!Let's build community! If my post helped you, mark it as the Answ...

update doesn't send updated data to sql database
i'm using Sql server 2000 for my sql database. insert commande woks good. but update doesn't work, it's look like the data arn't sent to the database...!!! help me please. 1 UpdateCommand="UPDATE dbo.Register2 SET Title = @Title, AssignedSponsor = @AssignedSponsor, FuturImpact = @FuturImpact WHERE (fcp = @fcp)"> 2 <UpdateParameters> 3 <asp:Parameter Name="Title" /> 4 <asp:Parameter Name="AssignedSponsor" /> 5 <asp:Parameter Name="Futur...

Can you convert access database data over to an SQL Database?
I would like to start using SQL, how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? Q.Xykal:how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? In Access, there is an upsizing/conversion tool you can run to create an equivalent SQL Server DB.Atlernatively you can also use SQL Server to import all the tables/data from Access.  This is very good news. Thank you....

Updating and Displaying Data From SQL Database
Hi All, For the first time I need to connect to an SQL Database.......scary stuff I have five fields on my form that need to display the info for the correspnding five fileds in the database...... Th datbase is set up and ready to go..... Does anyone have any URLS with simple exapmles of extracting data fron the mighty database and having it displayed in text boxes on my aspx? Once the info is displayed I wnt to bae able to change it and have it update the sql datasouce any urls here (simple ones would be great...) also info on what names spaces I need ....Can I use the sam...

Connecting to Sql database and retrieving one row of data from database
Hi Guys.I am trying to connect to a Sql Database in my application through an object of SqlConnection class,then trying to read data one row at a time through DataRow class and then displaying each column(there are total 3 columns in a row) in three textboxes.Can anyone tell me the code to do so? Hi, Reffer this link for connecting with sql server and also with Insert update Delete and select statements http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/02/09/Parameterized-Queries-ADONet.aspx   Best Regardslife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps...

Data Migration from Sybase ASE Database to MS-SQL Database
Hi I don't know if this forum is still active. Anyway if anybody has a faint idea to my problem please reply We are trying to migrate a powerbuilder application from a Sybase ASE Database to MS-SQL Server Database. Since its a huge application we wanted to minimise the amount of manula effort involved. I would like to know about any automated tool in the market which does the conversion for us. I assume the conversion will include all changes to specific Sybase specific functions called within Dynamic SQL statements, within Datawindow SQL's and if it can convert the syb...

Backing up the sql database(*.bak) and restoring the Database in VB.net
Hi There, I want to know how to backup and restore database from VB.net. ie I am trying to put two buttons on my form, Backup and Restore. When I click on Backup a Backup of the SQL Database with extension of *.bak is created. Similarly when I click on restore and select a database with *.bak extension it should restore that database. I saw a software where it created a backup of Sql database with extension of .zip containing the bak file which is password protected. when u restore the database it automatically gets unzipped and the database is restored. Can anyone help me. Thanks in advan...

Call data from database and change data in database.
How can I call the value of a field from a database and then use an "if" to do different things when the user clicks on a button? Also, how can I then change that value of the field when I want to? Thanks, Sam  Could you please explain the question in detail.......     From the question, we can get the value by   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(); con.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringName"].ConnectionString; con.Open(); OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand("SELECT ID FROM tabl...

using access, cannot update the database, just can show the data from database
i confirmed that the database file is closed, i tried to add a statement conn.Close() before conn.Open(), but i get the same error, waht's wrong with my program..... please help!!  Server Error in '/book' Application. 無法使用 '' ; 檔案已在使用中。 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: 無法使用 '' ; 檔案已在使用中。Source Error: Line 58: str2 = "Provider=Microsof...

problems inserting and updating data into sql database
i am creating a database driven website and i am using a sql database. I have a database called company with fields in it to do with a company, I have created a company.cs file which sets the variables, properties and methods and so on. These work fine. I have also stored procedures and they are right as far as i know. i also have coding behind the buttons of my page when i try and update or insert to the database. I am having the problem of when i enter data into the text boxes and click update, nothing gets inserted or updated and whats worst of all no error message appears. The table...

Preview FormView Data Prior to SQL Database Update
Is there any way to preview the data the user submitted (user verification, something the computer can't do) prior to submitting the data to the SQL database?...

Sql statement for updating the current month of data to the database.
Hi Guys, Does anyone know the the sql statement for updating the current month of data to the database? For example, I have few sets of data for this month August but I only want to update the latest date to the database.  I am using Sql Server 2005. It's urgent and help will be appreciate.   Thanks. To do the manipulations with the data of the currentmonth  update ........................   where month(datecolumnname) = month(getdate()) and year(datecolumnname) = year(getdate())Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a...

Web resources about - How to update data from this Database to orther Database ? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

3.3 million Hello Kitty fans' details have been exposed in a huge database leak
... week after week, the hacks, breaches and data leaks continue to roll in. The latest victim? Hello Kitty. CSO Online is reporting that a database ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.