how to create full text index on 2 columns of the same table

 hello

how to create full text index on two columns of a same table.

this is what I have done for one column of a table SystemElement.

CREATE Unique Index ui_SystemElement on SystemElement(SystemElementID)
Create fulltext index on SystemElement( SESummaryText TYPE Column Text )
Key index ui_SystemElement on charlottecatalog
with change_tracking auto

but when I am trying to create index on another column of the same table

Create fulltext index on SystemElement( SETitleText TYPE Column Text )
Key index ui_SystemElement on charlottecatalog
with change_tracking auto

its giving me error saying
A full-text index for table or indexed view 'SystemElement' has already been created.

Please help

Thank You

0
bluestarmoon

Hi bluestarmoon,

Only one full-text index is allowed per table or indexed view.

For more information, please refer to the document below:

Getting Started with Full-Text Search

Jian Kang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Jian
9/19/2008 8:20:57 AM

bluestarmoon:
but when I am trying to create index on another column of the same table

Create fulltext index on SystemElement( SETitleText TYPE Column Text )
Key index ui_SystemElement on charlottecatalog
with change_tracking auto

its giving me error saying
A full-text index for table or indexed view 'SystemElement' has already been created.

You need to alter the fulltext index already set once, on your table.  SQL Server is throwing you the error because you can have only one full text index on any table.  Visit the below link for more help on alter fulltext index.

Thanks,
Dhimant Trivedi
"When the going gets tough, tough gets going."

dhimant

SQL 2005 Bug? Cannot create Full Text Index for VARBINARY column that's populated with converted NVARCHAR values
Hi, I was wondering if any SQL Server gurus out there could help me...I have a table I'm trying to apply a full text catalog to, however no results are ever returned due to the text column being cataloged being of varbinary(max) that's being populated from a converted nvarchar(max) value - I've narrowed it down to this specifically, populating with non nvarchar text seems to work fine.To re-create the problem quickly...If I populate the column viaCONVERT(varbinary(max), 'test text')then there is no problem, I get results as expected.However if I populate the column viaCON...

creating a table text column with a tootip. Tooltip needs to be a popup when mouseover or hoverover text column
I am creating  single line table columns dynamacially in and ajax UpdatePanel with text results.  The results really contains a bulk of data which i put in a tooltip. The problem is that when i mouseover the column, the tooltip shows but only for 5 seconds, not long enough and you can't copy and paste whats in the tooltip. Is there a extension in ajax that i can use to mouseover or hoverover that will let me copy the results and paste it?  If so, what is it and how do I use it. TableCell TC4 = new TableCell(); TC4.Width = 300; TC4.Text = LimitedResults; TC4....

full text indexing on a table
I am using sql server express edition and when  i try to apply full text indexing on the table - the setting is set to "NO" and i am unable to set it to Yes please advise - thanks Jeff give these instructions a try: http://www.wherecanibuyit.co.uk/ASP/full-text-search.html  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/  You must install FULL TEXT searching when you create a new instance of SQL SERVER EXPRESS http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/629111Here is some SP to ...

full text indexing #2
full text indexing Hi, In SQL Server 2005, if I set full text indexing enables in column MyDesc and 1. use “Select * from MyTable where MyDesc LIKE ‘%abc%’” would this be using full text indexing? Or  have to use Contains to get it be in use? 2. Once I create the full-text index, should I be setting it to populate periodically? Isn’t it populating itself?    1. Your first query will not need to use your full text index, instead it will likely just use your PK_index.  You can click the "Include Actual Execution Plan" to see how the query is performed.&nb...

How to : Select dataset from table - create excel file as binary stream
Hi. I am working on a project that select dataset from sql database table and create excel file stream from the output table and put the stream into binary column. The reason why I do this is because it takes about 30 minutes to run the query for the dataset. So instead of showing the result table right away, I want to store the result table in excel format and user can come back later and download it without waiting 30minutes. When I worked on the same project that deals with pdf, crystal report has function "export to stream" so I was able to store it in binary column in t...

Can't drop text index using ASE 11.9.2 and full text search add in
Hello, We are having a problem dropping a full text retrieval index from our database. When we issue the command sp_drop_text_index indexName, we get the following error: Index 'indexName' is not a Text Index (1 row affected) (return status = 0) And yet if I do an sp_help_text_index, the index is there and I can see information on it. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jon Jonathan, In sp_drop_text_index the text index name must be fully qualified in the format "table_name.index_name" as shown in App...

Enable a Table for Full-Text Indexing
Hi, I am using SQL SERVER 2005 Express. I am trying to set up Enable a Table for Full-Text Indexing. I am following these instructions: How to: Enable a Table for Full-Text Indexing (SQL Server Management Studio) Updated: 1 February 2007 In SQL Server 2005, by default, all user-created databases are full-text enabled. Additionally, an individual table is automatically enabled for full-text indexing as soon as a full-text index is created on it and a column is added to the index. A table is automatically disabled for full-text indexing when the last column is dropped from its full-te...

Full-Text Indexing for smaller columns
Hello, I'm looking at using full-text indexing for tables to query. I have some smaller fields (varchar(50) that stores names) that I was contemplating using full-text indexing for. I was just curious if it is worth it? Basically the data that will be there are one-word names, without any spaces or whatnot. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Don't do it ... the performance hit is bigger then just keeping it that way ...Verhoeven...

Trouble creating full text indexes
I'm following the instructions in the Full-Text Search Specialty Data Store, the chapter on Configuring Adaptive Server for Full-Text Searches. When creating the text index as specified, sp_create_text_index "KRAZYKAT", "i_blurbs", "blurbs", " ", "copy" I get error messages saying that vs_enhanced and vs_create_index can't be found, and the stored procdure fails. The text server is running ok, and is on the same machine as the database. Could this cause the problem, or is it something else? chad Is your text server ...

How to create index on Text/Image column?
Sybooks say can't create index on Text/Image column but I have some tables do have indexes on image columns. The index names are like "repl_#######_#". Ran ddlgen against my existing table also outputed create index statement for the image column but the DDL failed and the error says can't create index on Text/Image. Could this index generated by replication server? Help!!! Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.1/EBF 13906 ESD#1/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ ase1501/2394/64-bit/FBO/Fri Nov 3 23:39:29 2006 Name Owner Object_type Create_date -----...

Copying a text column between 2 tables
Hi, I'm having some trouble with this: I have a table that can save a text column, and can be null. Also, have another table containing some of the columns from the first, and this should take the Text column if not empty, otherwise must take a char column from a third table, all of this within the SP. If I try to do it: Create ... Begin .. .. .. Insert into B(id, description) Select A.id, Case when DataLength(A.large_text) < 1 then C.describe_it Else A.large_text End Where id = @id .. .. .. End I get this error: Im...

Sql full text search #2
Hi, I have a table in my database with the following fields. Location INT (FK) Specialty INT(FK) Sex VARCHAR(1) Availability VARCHAR [ 1-Monday, 2-Tue] in the format (1, 5, 6) DocumentFilename VARCHAR I want to do full text search. From the front-end, user will type search textbox as London, ENT, male, thursday The search should do on Location = London, Specialty = ENT, Sex = M, Availability = 4 How can I do this? Its like google search. thanks in advance Hi, From your description, there is no need to use full text search. I think what you need is a multiple conditions search. ...

Creating Text Indexes on Multiple Source Tables
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to create a single Text Index on columns from two different source tables using ASE EFTS 12.5 for Windows NT? Thanks in advance. No, this is not supported on any platform. ...

Web resources about - how to create full text index on 2 columns of the same table - asp.net.sql-datasource

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column vector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. In linear algebra , a column ...

Column 8
More on the pointless &quot;rebranding&quot; of passengers as &quot;guests&quot; and other labelling gymnastics (Column 8, for some days), from ...

Column 8
Ah, Boxing Day &ndash; when the ruins of Yuletide feasts and ransacked cellars are flensed&#8203; and gargled, cricketers and sailors bake in ...

Price Drop: Column Division
Column Division 3.0 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3.0 ( iTunes ) Description: This math app can be used ...

This Column Nails It
“ How Racists Talk About Tamir Rice “: For as long as I’ve been a newspaper columnist — 13 years and counting — I’ve been on the receiving end ...

Patt Rall Column: The arts and Bemidji go hand in hand
Bemidji Pioneer Patt Rall Column: The arts and Bemidji go hand in hand Bemidji Pioneer Watching Bridget O' Sullivan fulfilling her ambition ...

Tim O'Sullivan column: Edelman's return comes just in time for Patriots
Concord Monitor Tim O' Sullivan column: Edelman's return comes just in time for Patriots Concord Monitor Yes, New England was also playing ...

Philly high schooler gets lesson in hate after penning column on Missouri race friction
Philadelphia High School student Michael Moroz was prepared for backlash over his op-ed that ran in the school newspaper, but what he didn’t ...

Column: Moving Semifinals to New Year's Eve a Total Flop
The College Football Playoff is a marvelous thing. The timing of the national semifinal games? Boy, did they get that one wrong. The Orange Bowl, ...