help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure

 Hi,
I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get
it calls this Profile property
((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));
When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits from
System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject). I already migrated all aspnet_user, aspnet_roles, etc.. and don't get any connection errors. It is only when I try to get the profile data. This works on  my pc, but throws an error on my lunarpage website.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
AJ
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
Source Error:
Line 100:    public virtual string Address2 {
Line 101:        get {
Line 102:            return ((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address2")));
Line 103:        }
Line 104:        set {
Source File: c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\0021d506\39a6858c\App_Code.54nvluyo.1.cs    Line: 102
Stack Trace:
[SqlException (0x80131904): An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +435
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +82
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
   System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHolder.Open(HttpContext context, Boolean revertImpersonate) +84
   System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String connectionString, Boolean revertImpersonation) +197
   System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider.GetPropertyValuesFromDatabase(String userName, SettingsPropertyValueCollection svc) +782
   System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext sc, SettingsPropertyCollection properties) +428
   System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider) +404
   System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName) +117
   System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName) +89
   System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetInternal(String propertyName) +36
   System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.get_Item(String propertyName) +68
   System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName) +4
   ProfileCommon.get_Address2() in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\0021d506\39a6858c\App_Code.54nvluyo.1.cs:102
   ProfileWrapper..ctor() in d:\inetpub\vhosts\javcentral.com\httpdocs\App_Code\ProfileWrapper.cs:242
   ProfileDataSource.GetData() in d:\inetpub\vhosts\javcentral.com\httpdocs\App_Code\ProfileDataSource.cs:17
[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +0
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +72
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +308
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +29
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.InvokeMethod(ObjectDataSourceMethod method, Boolean disposeInstance, Object& instance) +480
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1960
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.DataBind() +4
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.EnsureDataBound() +163
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
   System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +21
   System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id) +9
   CustomerDetailsEdit.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in d:\inetpub\vhosts\javcentral.com\httpdocs\UserControls\CustomerDetailsEdit.ascx.cs:60
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

0
comicrage
5/3/2008 12:53:33 PM
📁 asp.net.sql-datasource
📃 29906 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2693 Views

There is problem in your web.config. You need to post your web.config [strip out sensitive data]
here so that we can correct
Satalaj

Watch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||
I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple
I n t e r v i e w T i p s
-1
satalaj