Having problems trying to install SQL Server 2005 express /.net framework 2.0

Hi

I'm having problems trying to install the above programme from the microsoft site and feel that I'm not getting anywhere.

 'I receive the following message during installation "microsoft SQL server 2005 set up has detected a problem and cannot proceed. Either Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 is either not installed on this system or is corrupt.'

I have dinstalled any previous versions of .net, instances of sql server 2005 ran ccleaner and then checked my Add and Remove programmes and checked the microsoft support site for the solution and that didn;t work

 Any ideas Big Smile

0
Taylor10

Hello,

You should install .NET Framework before SQL Server.

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with .NET Framework 1.0 ?
Hi all. I am using Microsoft Visual Basic .Net 2002 with .NET Framework 1.0. I want to install free SQL Server database. I want to install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition but it requires .NET Framework 2.0. If I installed MSDE 2000, it doesnt have that Enterprise Manager.So, how is this possible for me to use the free SQL Server with that Enterprise Manager ? Thanks in advance.   MSDE has no interface, so download .NET Framework 2.0 , then download MS SQL Server 2005 Express, then dowload MS SQL Server 2005 Management Studio Express (the interface).All that can be downloaded...

when will the windows 2003 sp1, sql server 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0, their final edition be released?
Damn it, MS make us wait for them too long +o( :'( when can we use them?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com Hm. What use do you have for any of those technologies, given you are not smart enough to just look up the published release dates?Thomas TomiczekPowerNodes ApS(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)---Building a Website? Try the PowerNodes CMS - http://www.powernodes.com/ To be fair, no release...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

Hi,Basically i built a webpage with Login and it's working well from my local machine.Right now, i'm using Database Publishing Wizard. the problem is how do i convert.MDF files to .SQL 2005 to get my database publish in the internet? thanks  Place your .MDF file in the App_Data directory, change the connection string accordingly and then publish your web site. ----------------------------------------------------------Please click Mark As Answer if this helped in solving your problem.  Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Hi,so meaning, i should upload my .MDF file and place it in App_Data directory?by the way, how do i change my connection string accordingly?do you have any tips?  <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\YourDatabase.mdf;User Instance=True"/>   ----------------------------------------------- Please click Mark As Answer if this helped in solving your problem.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. usrnix: Hi, Basically i built a webpage with Login and it's working well from my local machine.Right now, i'm using Database Publishing Wizard. the problem is how do i convert.MDF files to .SQL 2005 to get my database publish in the internet?  thanks  Hi, If you want to use the Sql server 2005 instead of MDF file on t...

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

DNN 4.0 & .Net 2.0, SQL2005 (SQLExpress) with SQL Server Management Studio Express
Anyone have installation instructions for this configuration:WinXP, IIS 5.1, .Net 2.0 (release), SQL2005 (SQLExpress) release...without VisualStudio 2005? Using SQLSMSE for database creation?Every attempt I make appears to succeed, but viewing the databasein SQLSMSE shows no stored procs, etc. in the db. Sometimes thecore modules are installed / available, sometimes they're not.Is it related to the file attachment in web.config?Could this have something to do with the 'file manager is unavailable'and 'cannot open a closed file' errors people have been reporting?Kirk...

SQL server 2005 Express edition and .Net Framework
I am facing some problem in displaying the dynamic contents in the web page. Sometimes it is dispaying the results and sometimes doesn't show the result. we are using SQL Server 2005 express edition as database and .Net framework 3.5 on Windows 2003 server web edition regards, Kumar .K      Hi Kumar, Could you please provide more detail? How do you retrieve and display the data from SQL Server? Are there any error messages when it fails? Since the application doesn’t show the result at times, I think the connection information is all right and suggest you check t...

Sql Server 2005 & net 2.0
Hi all, I am preparing to plan some new sites to be built on .net 2.0 and was wondering about Sql Server 2005.  Is this a requirment in the upgrade to go to  2.0.  I hear that its not required but it's highly recommended. What are your thoughts on it?   thanks mcm...

MS SQL SERVER 2005 and Datawindow.NET 2.0
Hi all, I test datawindow.net 2.0 (4621) and sql server 2005 , When I use Datetime field and chnage value , datawindow can't not update value to database. TIA How are you connecting to the database? ADO .NET, OLE DB, or ODBC? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 22 Jun 2006 18:25:11 -0700, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I test datawindow.net 2.0 (4621) and sql server 2005 , >When I use Datetime field and chnage value , datawindow >can't not update value to database. > >TIA > > There are changes r...

DNN 3 with SQL Express 2005 and Net 2 framework
Hello, I see that SQL Express 2005 is now out and offers a bit tighter integration with .Net 2 as well as management tools.  Since I have been banging my head against the wall with DNN and MS SQL 2000, I was thinking this may be a bit easier to work with as a SQL noob. Will these play nice with DNN 3? Thanks DNN works with sql express 2005 fine (though it has no problem with 2000, so if you post your problem here I'll try to help). One thing to be aware of though, is when you install it, it installs asp.net 2.0, and also updates the IIS mappings. DNN will not run under ...

problem in deployment in server visual studio .net 2005 framework 2.0
i developed simple web based project in Visual studio .net 2005 and it is working fine in my system . So i copied this project in server and copied in C:\inetpub\wwwroot . Then using IIS i made this project as Virtual directory in the server . WHen i run the project i am getting the following error . Couldnt load type '_Default' then i reffered the below link . http://dotnetfish.blogspot.com/2007/10/could-not-load-type-default.html  and make the Version to framework 2.0 . Then when i run my application i am getting 'page cant found ' . So i installed Visual studio.net 2005 in the server and opened the project . When i run the project from Visual studio .net 2005 by pressing F5 , my project is working . in the server . http://localhost:3070/test/test.aspx . But when i run from the client PC like http://Servername/test/test.aspx i am getting PAGE NOT FOUND . How to solve my issue . Hi raghu_grdr, You can try the following method to solve it. (1)C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0 and run aspnet_regiis.exe and that should fix it. (2)You developed app for .Net.2.0 but did not specify in IIS to use .Net 2.0 framework.From iis you need to check website property. In website property select ASP.NET tab. in that select .net version 2.0. (3)You need to give read access of IUSR, NETWORK SERVICE.Sincerely,Hua Jun LiPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

SQL query that works in SQL Server Management Studio, but doesn't on .NET 2.0 page
SELECT favorites.FID, favorites.filename, favorites.username, files.status, files.private, files.views, files.title FROM favorites INNER JOIN files ON favorites.filename = files.filename WHERE (favorites.username = @username) AND (files.status IS NULL) AND (files.private = @private)@private is manually set to 'no'@username is set to profile.usernamewhen I run the above query in microsoft sql server mgmt studio express on the database, it presents all the information i'm asking for very easily. however when i try to implement this query on a aspx .net2.0 page with teh sqldatasourc...

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Getting only the first paragraph of data from sql server 2005 in vb.net 2.0
Hi all, I have a table in sql server which consists of two colums. column 1 contain "id" integer and column 2 contain "body" varchar(max). For example: id - 1 body - French Industrial production sharply decreased 1.5% month-on-month in November, reversing from a 2.1% increase seen in October, the statistical office Insee said in a report Thursday. Economists were looking for a 0.6% fall. Production in the automotive industry fell steeply 5.3% versus 7.5% rise in October, while energy output declined 2% from 2.1% recorded in the previous month. In the construction...

Can I install SQL 2005 Server Express on a machine that has SQL 2000 Server
I have a dedicated server running SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003.  Can I install SQL Server 2005 express so that I can run sites developed with VWD Express.  I still have the sites that need to use the sql 2000 server.  Thanks Yes but it best that the sql server 2000 instances be upgraded to service pack 4.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345154.aspx Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Web resources about - Having problems trying to install SQL Server 2005 express /.net framework 2.0 - asp.net.sql-datasource

IBM brings Swift to the cloud, releases web framework Kitura written in Apple’s programming language
... and sharing packages to the Swift Package Catalog . IBM’s announcement today comes with the news that they are also releasing a web framework ...

Frameworks streaming 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo: Frameworks at Saint Vitus in 2014 (more by Greg Cristman) Gainesville screamo band Frameworks recently released the title ...

Sneak Peek: Leading Innovation Framework
My newest book, Leading Innovation , debuts on Monday. Here’s a sneak peek about implementing innovation as a framework. Innovation doesn’t ...

13 frameworks for mastering machine learning
... way. The trend isn't fueled by cheap cloud environments and ever more powerful GPU hardware alone; it’s also the explosion of frameworks now ...

Node.js Foundation take jurisdiction of Express Web framework
The Node.js Foundation, which has jurisdiction over the popular server-side JavaScript platform, is adding the Express MVC Web framework for ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

The Purpose Of A Brand Framework
Think about NASA. When IsayNASA you might think exploration, innovation, ingenuity.NASA means something. It’s not just what NASA does that provides ...

Democrats attempt to set legal framework to sue the gun industry out of existence
Well, most of the Democratic 2016 field supports this, as do anti-gun activists, so it’s no surprise that some members of Congress are trying ...