grabbing and posting session state data to a query string

I have enabled session stating on an application I have written by
modifying the web.config to write to a SQL database, after I ran the
state script with the query analyzer provided by the .NET framework
installation (I think it is installsqlstate.sql).

The session data appears to be writing correctly, however I have some
questions regarding putting data into these tables built, and
extracting data from them.

I am trying to write the username to the database (to the temp database
that was created that holds the session information), the application
uses windows integrated authentication so need the full domain, user,
and password, but this information isn't written to the database, I am
wondering does this require a new sql stored proc? Or something along
those lines?

Secondly, I am looking to extract the session id to place into a query
string. I am wondering if this is possible because I know where the
table is....is there a way to retrieve this data to place into a query
string?

Lastly, if this data is accessible, how exactly would you place into a
query string?
0
r00tsec

passing data from controls to session then taking the data and writing custom sql queries to get data from the database
Hi, I'm making a property search. I want to get data from controls and store in a session object which saved in the session until remove or close the browser so on the next page I can take the data stored in the session and use it to write a custom sql query using vb.net or stored procedure to get data from the database and then display the date in the list of results page. Can anyone help with this or forward me to some tutorials that could help me. ThanksAndy Current project: Cycle round the world Heytry thissession["name"]=TextBoxName.Text; And in ...

Posting SQL data to gridview from a long sql query
I just started working with ASP.Net and have been using the Microsoft VWD 2005.  I have a sql query that will run for anywhere from 4 to 5 minutes when run from the query analyzer.  I have run the query through the profiler and can not come up with a method to speed up the query.  The query is creating a list of distinct names from a 24 period and then creating 10 different counts for each name.  If I create sql query in the vb code on the asp page and then have it create a collection to hand over to the gridview I can present the data but it takes 4 to 5 minutes and if t...

How to extract session data from MSSQL using "Sql Server" session state mode
I have confronted with some difficulties: I have a task to extract logged user session data from database to collect statistic information from SPPS 2003 (Sharepoint Portal Server) for analyzing purposes.Information I need looks ordinary enough: username, datetimes of user log in and log out, etc..After digging hundreds of articles and docs, I had found out that session object is serialized into database record. It is ok, but I found no decription about where this data can be stored or how can I have access to it.What can I do with it or what should I read for achieving my object? Thanx...

Grabbing session variable from SQL query
How do i save the employeeID from this SQL query, which fills my drop down, as a session varibale? "SELECT FirstName + ' ' + LastName AS Manager, EmployeeID FROM dbo.Employees WHERE (JobID IN ('5', '6')) AND (DateLeft IS NULL) AND (LastName IS NOT NULL)" Session("ID") = _______ If you want save the data to session after using it populate the DDl, you need to use dataset (not datareader), and save the datatable that populated the DDl to session.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. I am using a dataset.. I do not have my ID v...

SQL Datasource Passed to Query String?
I have been attempting to build a search engine that searches a database full of invoices. The user will enter in a invoice number and then the results will be returned if the exact invoice exists and if the record belongs to the user. My first attempt has involved the use of a SQL Datasource to pass a stored procedure based on what is in the search textbox and the information in the cookie about the user.  I was hoping that on the btnsearch.click event that I could somehow return the stored procedure in the SQL DataSource. My next step was to make the result (if exists) part of t...

Flipping the sql session state connection string programatically
My application uses SQL session state. In Test Server the session state would be pointing to Test DB Server, similarly the Prod Server to Prod DB Server. Is there a way to programatically change session to point Test DB to Prod DB Server? That is, I would use the same web.config file. So, no matter where the code resides the web.config remain same. For normal connections this can be done using by recognizing the server name, but that is done during runtime, it is not the matter with session state as it needs to be initiated at compile time.  Any help would be ap...

.NET SQL Session state model
We have a server a and b. What would happen in a load balanced environment when one of the servers went down (or was over-utilized) and the load balancer decided to direct the user to a different server than the one his session was created on.  Would our pages be able to regenerate the session from the database using the .NET SQL Session state model?...

SQL Query String insert a null with ADO.NET
 I have an SQL Update query with four string variables that I get from a textBox.Text to pass to DB. When data is present, no problem, but when There is NO data to Update, I want to pass a null to the database. I tried:        string box1 = txtCustMachSN.Text;        if( box1 == "" || box1 == "0" ) { box1 = System.DBNull.Value; }       string box2......        string strCmd = "UPDATE Equip2 SET CustomerSerialNo='" + box1 + "&...

sending a string data in a query string
based on some operation i do Response.Redirect("~/InvalidUser.aspx?msg=message") where message is a string variable which is assigned to different values based on a particular condition. but in my invalid user page, the variable name 'message' gets displayed instead of the string it contains.. ive tried single and double quotes too.. im not sure how to do this.. can anyone help ??? Use Response.Redirect("~/InvalidUser.aspx?msg="+message)case when answered then mark answered else do nothingend  Don't forget to url encode it and check the length to...

not able to insert string to binary data and retrieve binary data to string withount using file in sql server
how to insert string into table in the form of binary data and how to retrieve binary data in ms sql in the form of string. Wellcome to the forums dhirendra11:how to insert string into table in the form of binary data and how to retrieve binary data in ms sql in the form of string. As far as storing and retrieving data in binary format is concerned, SQL Server provides BLOB data types ( TEXT, NTEXT, IMAGE ).  You'll have to provide us more details about what exactly you're trying to do and what are the problems that you're facing for us to help you better.Thanks,Dhima...

Querying data from SQL Server with Session Variable and then pushing to report
I'm new to CR's and don't know a lot of the details. (Just a warning) I'm trying to query some data from SQL Server with a Session Variable and then pushing that data to a report. I need some advice on the best way to do this. I need the step to create and fill a dataset, with the queried data. Then fill the crystal report with the dataset. I need as much detail as possible, because I'm still a novice. Thanks, Harold see if this link helps. Also there are walkthroughs on the business objects crystal reports support site.Eric LandesMADNUG President http://www.madnug.netCryst...

Command Button Goes To URL And Posts Data to it Using a Query String
Hello I have a command button, in ASP.net 2.0 using MSWD2k5EE, which, when pressed I would like the browser to go to a URL, with a query string. something life JT?time=timeVar  Can anyone help? i've spent quite a bit of time on google, but i'm very new to asp.net and really don't even know where to start looking. You can set the CommandName of the command button.Check these out:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.button.commandname.aspxhttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.button.aspxhttp://delphi.about.com/library/...

SQL query returns data, .NET returns #42S22Unknown column binding to dataset
I have a webservice with a common function which calls MYSQL and returns a dataset. Today I encounterd a strange error when performing a Select with a count() in it which I cant figure out. From a command line, the SQL query works fine and returns 9 rows... but VB.NET bombs with an error when filling the data adapter with the returned data. Please see my sample code below, is there an additional flag I need to call to make this work with VB? SQL Command Line: ( Works Great )mysql> Select taction, count(*) from kiosklogs where packageid='NewHi-Def-Test' group by taction;...

Using SQL Server for Session State Management
Hello, We are implementing session management in a custom database, provided by the following sessionState configuration in web.config: <sessionState mode="SQLServer" stateConnectionString=""    allowCustomSqlDatabase="true"    sqlConnectionString="Data Source=serverName;Database=databaseName;User Id=userName;Password=password"    cookieless="false" timeout="60" /> For reasons to complicated to go into, our company imposes standards on how/where database connection strings get stored. Is there an attribute or method by which I co...

Web resources about - grabbing and posting session state data to a query string - asp.net.sql-datasource

Form grabbing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Form grabbing is an advanced ( crimeware -based) method of capturing Web form data within various browsers . Often confused with traditional ...

Grabbing a few pics for @aneventapart. - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Beep.'s photos on Flickr. Beep. has uploaded 2467 photos to Flickr.

Kanye West Apologizes for Grabbing the Microphone from Taylor Swift at the MTV Video Music Awards - YouTube ...
During the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, country music star Taylor Swift was awarded the Best Female Video award for her song "You Belong to Me." ...

Controversy of the Day: Video Shows Deputy U.S. Marshal Grabbing, Smashing Woman’s Phone
With new instances of abuse popping up every day, it seems more important than ever to have the freedom to film police officers without fear ...

Man charged after grabbing girl at Cairns shops
A 14-year-old girl fought off a man who grabbed her from behind in a busy far north Queensland shopping centre, police say.

Man charged after grabbing girl at Cairns shops
A 14-year-old girl fought off a man who grabbed her from behind in a busy far north Queensland shopping centre, police say.

Here are five of the best online shopping sites for grabbing Christmas goodies
Want to avoid the throngs of frenzied Christmas shoppers this year? Try the convenience of shopping for gifts online instead.

Rheanna Schobbe tried to save sister Jessica by grabbing for her as the family 4WD rolled 100m from home ...
TOO young to drive, Jessica Schobbe, 15, was just 100m from safely delivering her sister home from the school bus stop when the family 4WD rolled ...

Grantham flood inquiry: Survivor recalls grabbing dead body
A flood survivor has recounted the shocking moment he grabbed a dead body in the raging torrent in his small Queensland town and realised he ...

Conman Peter Foster didn't realise he was grabbing gun: lawyer
Serial conman Peter Foster did not realise he had grabbed the gun of a NSW police officer when he was tackled during a dramatic arrest, his lawyer ...