get DateTime.Now.Date in sql

 Hi,

 Im making an c# asp.net website. I use an dataset and an gridview.

 I will fill an gridview with users with the follow sql query:

SELECT     UserId
FROM         Stats
WHERE     LunchDate =  DateTime.Now.Date()

How can I get all the users with the date of today?

I have try the follow solution but it doesnt work:

SELECT     UserId
FROM         Stats
WHERE     LunchDate =  @LunchDate

In the objectDataSource I have fill the parameter source with DateTime.Now.Date(), but it doesnt workSad

0
khalidelmeknesi

Hi,khalidelmeknesi

u can go for

SELECT     UserId
FROM         Stats
WHERE     LunchDate =  getdate()

RAGHAV

MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog

MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U.

"Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins

"Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous

0
raghav_khunger
2/18/2009 5:41:23 PM

SELECT     UserId
FROM         Stats
WHERE     LunchDate>= DATEADD(day, DATEDIFF(day,0,GETDATE()),0)  AND LunchDate<  DATEADD(day, DATEDIFF(day,0,GETDATE())+1,0)

Limno

0
limno
2/18/2009 5:45:40 PM

try this

SELECT *

FROM Stats

WHERE datepart(day, LunchDate) = datepart(day, GetDate())

and datepart(month, LunchDate) = datepart(month, GetDate())

and datepart(year, LunchDate) = datepart(year, GetDate())

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
2/18/2009 5:46:57 PM

Try this way:

 DECLARE  @theDate varchar (20)

    --Get the date in YYYYMMDD format

    SELECT @theDate = (SELECT  DateAdd(Day, DateDiff(DAY, 0, GetDate()), 0))

SELECT     UserId
FROM         Stats
WHERE     LunchDate >=CAST(@thedate AS DATETIME)

Code Review Service || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community

Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as “Answer”.
0
vijjendra

Get Date and compare with Date.Now in T-SQL
I am trying to set an alert to user for a project which will due on the particular date. How to compare the DateTime due date  which I get from the database with the Date.Now in stored procedure? Thanks in advance.Best regards,Ron. Make sure they are both in the same format. Many different ways to accomplish. The example below would convert both to a date: select * from table where convert(nvarchar(15),DueDate,101) = convert(nvarchar(15),Date.Now(),101) Thanks samsta, but I got an error when I am using Date.Now(). Then, I change with GetDate() function and works just ...

Get last modified date for sql objects in SQL server 2005 to track database changes.
For frequent migration to different environment we have to provide scripts for any database changes, most of the time developer forget to send few of the scripts which causes error in the other environments. I am using SQL server 2005.I was looking for any sql query which can list the create date and modify date of table, stored procedure, views etc in a database.I google and found the below query but I get the below error message:" Invalid object name 'sys.objects'."SELECT nameFROM sys.objectsWHERE type = 'P'AND DATEDIFF(D,modify_date, GETDATE()) < 7Note: I do ...

.NET DateTime and SQL Server DateTime problem
.NET DateTime and SQL Server DateTime problem  I have the following if statement in an SQL stored procedure: IF (@Image = 1 AND @DateTimeUploaded = (SELECT ImageMainDateTime FROM Images WHERE UserID = @UserID))   The value of the @DateTimeUpdated variable was taken from the ImageMainDateTime field when the data was requested by a ASP.NET webpage and is passed back here when that page is submitted so I can compare what the DateTime was when the data was requested with what it is now, in other words I’m doing a concurrency check (I can’t use TimeStamp for many reasons, ...

Getting just the date from a "datetime" sql column along with other data of different formats
Hi. I have a web page that gets the current user, then goes into a database and gets a list of invoices, this includes: invoice numbers, the date of the invoice, the date the invoice was paid, and the amount of the invoice. The data is then bound to a repeater control and displayed. i need a way to get just the date and not the date and time from the datetime columns. Here is my code that i have now: This next part gets the current user, then creates the selection string and binds the repeater to the data.Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) ...

Dealing with datetime and SQL Transact-SQL
I am trying to make a stored procedure in SQLServer Express.The question is related to this stored procedure / transact - sql.  I think i am doing something wrong with datetime.Here is the stored procedure.The error i am getting is that:Msg 241, Level 16, State 1, Line 20Syntax error converting datetime from character string.  ===================================== DECLARE    @websiteID  intDECLARE    @dateFrom  datetimeDECLARE    @dateTo  datetimeDECLARE    @sortbystring  varchar (20)set @websiteID...

Convert .NET DateTime format to SQL DateTime format
Hi!!I'd like to know if there is a function to convert the DateTime format used in C# (VS2005) : dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss to the format used in SQL Databases: yyyymmdd HH:mm:ssThanks folks!...

SQL Where Date > NOW and Less then now+14
I want to select all records where the date is greater than or equal to now and less than or equal to now +14 days? you can either create a stored procedure (recommended) that does your date manipulation for you http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186819.aspx or pass your custom select string to your sqldatasource from your code behind such as  protected void Page_Load(object s,EventArgs e) { if(!Page.IsPostBack) SqlDataSource1.SelectCommand = "SELECT * FROM table where date Between '" + DateTime.Today.ToString("MM/dd/yyy") + "' ...

I created a website on my localhost with three .mdf files using SQL express but now I get an error when I try to host it on my web server without SQL express. need some help on how to change my connec
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred whil...

How to get the current date in C# and how do I pass this date to SQL Server
I am writing a ASP.NET C# web application. I will need to store the date in one field in one of my tables. It appears that I need to use the datetime data type for the date in SQL Server 2005. So I have a question 1.) How do I get today's date in C# and how should this be passed to SQL server? you can get the current date directly in SQL using getdate()KH Doing it in C# will return you the client system date. Getting the current date in SQL will ensure all datetime recorded in your application are in sync. If you are using the date for some sort of comparison determine the sequence of ...

Extract date,month, year from the date getting from sql table
Hello All, i have three textboxes in a page and i want fill those textboxes  with the date, month,year respectively..... i have a datecreated column in discount table in a mm/dd/yy format ...how to extract the date, month, year from this format and put the value in textboxes..? Any help.. Thanks.. AnneAnne You could do it from SQL - using DATEPART and/or DATENAME function. My example casts all values to varchar, and makes sure day and month are given with two digits: SELECT DATENAME(Year, dateCreated) AS yr, RIGHT('0' + CAST(DATEPART(Month, dateCreated) AS varchar...

convert an sql datetime column to .net datetime data type in front end...?
I have a field (ldate) in a table that typically displays data in the following format:2007-11-12 20:30:47.000In the front end I want the time and the date separately. But as I try to cast it to a datetime object it is giving me a System.NullReferenceException. What I tried to do was just this: Protected Sub gvTopics_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles gvTopics.RowDataBound Dim img As Image = gvTopics.FindControl("imgIcon") Dim lbDate, lbTime As Label lbDate = gvTopics.FindControl(...

SQL Express to SQL ?
I am developing a site using the express edition of all tools (VWD and SQL Express).  I want to use GoDaddy hosting and was wondering if I will be able to effectively put my SQL database and website up on their hosting even though it was developed via Express edition of Microsoft programs?...

Web resources about - get DateTime.Now.Date in sql - asp.net.sql-datasource

Is there a JQuery plugin to convert UTC datetimes to local user timezone?
If I have a tag: &lt;span class="utctime"&gt;2010-01-01 11:30 PM&lt;/span&gt; I would like a jquery script or plug in to convert every utctime ...

Targetprocess 3.7.3: Epic unit for Bug/Story cards, new DateTime functions in Webhook plugin
Webhook plugin supports new DateTime functions AddDays(DateTime date, int days) – Returns a new date with the number of days added. The number ...

Common Pitfalls when working with DateTime’s
In .NET, the DateTime structure provides us wonderful functionality, but this seemingly simple structure can cause a lot of headaches if you ...

Parsing Twitter Date format to .Net DateTime
Recently when I needed to parse the twitter datetime format into a .Net DateTime I found this post on the web showing how to do it. However, ...

C Sharp (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(pronounced see sharp ) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing , imperative , declarative , functional , generic ...

1753 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Afrikaans አማርኛ العربية Aragonés Asturianu Aymar aru Azərbaycanca বাংলা Bân-lâm-gú Basa Banyumasan Беларуская ‪Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‬ ...

Coded Smorgasbord: Schizophrenic Haiku Comments and More
... writes Malcom StandardResponse UnSubscribeNewsletterUserAccount( string opTinGUID,string email, string sellingRegion, string source, DateTime ...

Limburg.be - Welkom op de site van de provincie Limburg - Welkom_op_de_site_van_de_provincie_Limburg
visit wonen werken leven ontspannen infopunt home op trefwoord contactpersonen wegwijs sitemap print deze pagina Je bent hier: limburg.be Contact ...

Simples Ideias. Por Nando Vieira.
Simples Ideias Siga-me no Twitter Junho/2012 Usando o Vagrant como ambiente de desenvolvimento no Windows http://simplesideias.com.br/usando ...