drill down report in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services

Hi,

I want to create a drill-down report in SQL RS using stored procedures.
My stored procedure returns a dataset with multiple tables. This is where the problem comes in. From the looks of it, SQL RS can only handle a dataset with one table when a stored procedure is used to retrieve the data.
I haven't found any documentation on using stored procedures with SQL RS.
Does that mean that I have to create two datasets, one for the master data and another one for the detail data, and render them seperately?(I was hoping to use it the way I do in .Net, with multiple tables within the dataset, a DataRelation and a DataView to filter the detail)
Does anybody have an elegant work-around to this problem?
Thanks.
KJ
PS This is my first report in SQL RS. I am basically clueless about this topic, so any suggestions will be welcome!
0
KarinJ
5/7/2004 2:27:27 AM
📁 asp.net.sql-datasource