drill down report in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services

Hi,

I want to create a drill-down report in SQL RS using stored procedures.
My stored procedure returns a dataset with multiple tables. This is where the problem comes in. From the looks of it, SQL RS can only handle a dataset with one table when a stored procedure is used to retrieve the data.
I haven't found any documentation on using stored procedures with SQL RS.
Does that mean that I have to create two datasets, one for the master data and another one for the detail data, and render them seperately?(I was hoping to use it the way I do in .Net, with multiple tables within the dataset, a DataRelation and a DataView to filter the detail)
Does anybody have an elegant work-around to this problem?
Thanks.
KJ
PS This is my first report in SQL RS. I am basically clueless about this topic, so any suggestions will be welcome!
0
KarinJ

DNN module to display report from SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
I have done a fast prototype of a dnn module to display reports from MS SQL Reporting Services. I am new to DNN and I would like to get helps to make following enhancements: 1. Take the hardcode part out of the program and move it to module setting options. 2. Overcome the NT security popup windows 3. Package the project for deployment. The resources that helped me to prototype the module can be found here http://devx.icpconline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 The URL of working example is http://fuji.icpconline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=40. The URL has samples reports that co...

Drill Through issue on Remote Server Report on SQL Reporting Services 2005
I have a server report that (processing mode = remote) that is a high level report.   I have configured one of the detail text box to have navigation to jump to report.   I have selected the report that will display a greater amount of detail.  I have run this report in the Visual Studio 2005 and the jumpt to report navigation works perfectly.   I then deployed the reports to my reporting server.  The high level report works perfectly no known isssues.  However when I click on the hyperlink to the jump to report the report view posts back and I se...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET?
Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET? Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/default.aspIf my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?
My setup:.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific ...

Reporting Services 2000, VS2005 and SQL Server 2000
I am running MS SQL 2000 and VS .Net 2005.    Is it possible to run Microsoft Reporting Services 2000 with VS2005 or am I required to upgrade the SQL server and reporting services to 2005 just to produce a few WEB reports ?   This would be too costly both in money and time.   I have just finished developing a solution using the version of Crystal Reports which is built into VS 2005.  However I now believe that I require costly licenses to deploy the solution on the live WEB server.  Can anyone confirm this assumption (in simple terms).    ...

Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server
I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,The data source, and database that the reports use/access are ona remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ) So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reportsto the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reportingservices projects? Because basically my local directory structure for thereports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server: C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\M...

SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 is released
Hi all, MS SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 is released. You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=502c0d89-1308-4662-8f58-cec55ef1235b&DisplayLang=en   Eralper http://www.kodyaz.com    http://www.eralper.comhttp://www.kodyaz.com...

Crystal Reports vs Sql Server Reporting Services.
I have some reporting requirements. Please advise whether I should go for Crystal Reports or Sql Server Reprting Services.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Onr thing I would like to add. The reports are to be incorporated in web pages only or can be viewed by the business people standalone, but no support for desktop based product is required.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Check this link. its good, but its better, if u tell ur requirements briefly. so that we can suggest u http://www.crystalr...

Crystal Report vs SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello,Can any one suggest which is best Crystal Report or SQL Server reporting services,  in compare of performance, developing and licensing cost.Can we use any of these reporting on shared hosting.If we want to go for SSRS then which edition of SQL Server we should purchase.Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

Report Features NOT using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I have a web app that is using rdlc reporting that needs some refinement.  The research I've done on the improvements I'd like to make indicates that they can be done with SQL Server Reporting Services; however, I don't have a license for SQL Server and would like not to have to purchase one if I can do what needs to be done without it.  I'd like to know if it is POSSIBLE in rdlc reporting to do 2 things, and if so, how to approach a solution: 1. I would like to export a version of the report to a file location on a routine basis (say once a day). 2. T...

Web resources about - drill down report in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services - asp.net.sql-datasource

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contract Analyst Programmer (Reporting/.Net) 151223/AP/266

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

Facebook Improves Real-Names Policy Reporting, Verifying
Facebook took its latest steps to reform its controversial real-names policy with its introduction of tools to fine-tune the reporting process ...

Reporting for duty after Paris attacks
In a renewed sense of nationalism, young French citizens flock to army recruitment agencies to join the military.

NYT public editor rips San Bernardino reporting - Business Insider Deutschland
The New York Times' public editor called for "systemic change" after an article incorrectly stated Tashfeen Malik posted openly on social media ...

Slavery Labels Sought for U.S. Goods as SEC Reporting Law Mulled
"This item may be the product of slave labor."

New York Times tries and fails to fix its own botched San Bernardino reporting
The New York Times has corrected its massively botched story on the San Bernardino terrorists . Kinda sorta. The story by past reporting-botchers ...

What Flap Over Reporting Instagram Flaw to Facebook Teaches Us
NEWS ANALYSIS: In a public spat, a security researcher lashes out at Facebook about a reported Instagram bug, and Facebook's chief security officer ...

Fox News Reporting: The truth about sex and college
Fox News Reporting: The truth about sex and college