Do somebody know how long (in chars) script(command) can be solved by SQL Command?

Do somebody know how long (in chars) script(command) can be solved by SQL Command?

Thanks
Ales Ruzicka
18 years old Czech student & cleaner :)
interested in internet technologies
myBlog
0
Boldrik

In the case of SQL Server, your total command length must be no more than 8000 characters. It does indeed use sp_executesql, which imposes this limitation.

Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

Do somebody know how long script can be solved by SQL Command?
Do somebody know how long (in charts) script(command) can be solved by SQL Command?Ales Ruzicka18 years old Czech student & cleaner :)interested in internet technologiesmyBlog...

Can I use a Formula Field or Report Parameter in my SQL Command when using a Command as my datasource?
Instead of having the database tables as my datasource, I'm creating a command (double clicking the Add Command Node under my server connection in the database expert) and using that for the fields on my report. I need to be able to use a formula field (or even a report parameter) in that command SQL so that I can pass dates that will change at runtime to my SELECT statement. Is that possible? Yeah it is possible but you have to preset the filters in your report and then pass the information (i.e. dates) as parameters. To learn how to do this there is an article on www.aspalliance.com/...

INSERT data into SQL table... TableAdapter Commands or SQL Commands? Which is best?
I've been working on some unbound data forms, and trying to decide what is best when inserting and/or updating a record into a SQL table.    I can successfully use SQL commands to insert data from VS2008 into a sql table on the server, doing something such as... Dim conn As New SqlConnection("server=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=YourDatabaseName")Using conn conn.Open() Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("UPDATE tableName SET folderName = @folder WHERE id = @id", conn) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@folder", txtFolder.Te...

How can I know the SQL_SERVER name with an sql command??
How can I know,once you have entered the sql server with isql -SSERVER_NAME, the name of the server you are in? For example, to know the database where you are yo can enter select db_name(). Is there somthing similar?? Thaks, Pablo pablosabas.hidalgolozano@telefonica.es wrote: > How can I know,once you have entered the sql server with isql > -SSERVER_NAME, the name of the server you are in? > For example, to know the database where you are yo can enter select > db_name(). Is there somthing similar?? > Thaks, > Pablo hi, try select @@servername i...

Insert SQL on Sql Command
i'm using an sql command for insert query it looks like this cmd=new sqlcommand("insert into tblname values('" & textbox1.text & "')",cn) cmd.executereader the problem is if i type a singlequote or double quote an error is throwing,invalid syntax .... how can i s'rt out it with out using a sql stored procedure thanks in advance PrasantHI think therefore i'mvPrasĀ© Hi, try replacing the single quotes present in your input with double single quotes ... example below: string sqlInput = textbox1.text.Replace("'","''...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

Creating Command For Report (SQL Commands)
I have a crazy report I need to make but it keeps returning too many rows. SELECT t_Location.LocationID, t_Location.LocationAddress1, t_Location.LocationAddress2, t_Location.LocationCity, t_Location.LocationDoctors, t_Location.LocationFax, t_Location.LocationOName, t_Location.LocationPhone, t_Location.LocationZip, tlkup_State.StateSymbol, t_Location.LocationContact, t_Activity.ActivityID, t_Activity.ActivityDate, t_Activity.ActivityNotes, tlkup_ActivityType.ActivityTypeID, tlkup_ActivityType.ActivityType...

sql paramaters, preview sql command
hey people i have this code:SqlCommand cmdIns = new SqlCommand(sqlIns, conexion);cmdIns.Parameters.Add("@usuario", TextBox1.Text);cmdIns.Parameters.Add("@contrasena", TextBox2.Text);cmdIns.Parameters.Add("@tipo", DropDownList1.SelectedValue);... and well i would like to see the SQL command that will be executed before i run it, is there any method that can get it?the most ive gotten is the original command with  the paramaters with @, not the valuessorry for my englishthanks in advance  You can check Sql command by cmdIns.CommandText  ...

what's difference between Accesss DataBase and Sql Sever about Sql String(or Command),Sql StoreProcedure ?
i am being dirty to Access DataBase from Sql Sever Database for my new work.But the sql string of Access sounds like a little different,can i use  the sql string of SqlSever for Access database,too?another question is: Does Access DataBase support Sql StoreProcedure??? when i worked in Access2000 ,did not see any about StoreProcedure,but i download a file named AccessHelper.cs  , some function of it looks like support StoreProcedure,Does it?  i want to fly ... Hi dkzeng ,Your first question     The string of both sqlsever and acce...

Script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections.
Hello, I am in need of a script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. I am attempting to automate the rebooting of my Windows 200 DB server running ADA and want to script this shut down of the DB prior to rebooting the system. I also need a script or executable for starting it back up. Please email me - netdeveloping@hotmail.com ... Thanks. Chad ...

Script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. #2
Hello, I am in need of a script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. I am attempting to automate the rebooting of my Windows 200 DB server running ADA and want to script this shut down of the DB prior to rebooting the system. I also need a script or executable for starting it back up. Please email me - netdeveloping@hotmail.com ... Thanks. Chad DBSTOP will allow you to do this but perhaps you may want to consider running the database as a service which will allow the database engine to...

Multiple SQL commands in a scripts?
Greets Folks, I havent tried this yet, but I was wondering if it is possible to use multiple SQL commands in a list... maybe something like so... ###PREPARE AND RUN THE FIRST SQL COMMAND#### my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT foo FROM bar"); my $thing = $sth->execute(); ###PREPARE AND RUN A SECOND SQL COMMAND BEFORE DISCONNECTING### my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT jabba FROM yadda"); my $anotherthing = $dbh->execute; There's probably mistakes in my code, but the idea seems clear enough. My question is whether it will work, or how I can make...

SQL statement to generate SQL commands to run later
Hi All, ASA 8.0.2.8854 & SA10.0.1.3784 I'm trying to generate an output file that contains SQL commands to be executed later and am having problems with a text field that contains an apostrophe. This is what I'm executing: Select 'Select SysId from Debtor where Name1=''' + d.Name1 + ''';' from Debtor d; output to 'c:\Test.sql' FORMAT FIXED; In a few rows the Name1 column contains a value with an apostrophe. For example Sam's Club. The actual generated output in this example is: Select SysId from Debtor where Name1...

SQL Srerver2000 DTS : How can I run SQL in script
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dtsprog/dtsptasks_21mc.asp Is the execute task link, but I would like an example code to place in an activeX script task. Like: Function Main() Dim oPkg, oExecSQL, sSQLStatement ' Build new SQL Statement sSQLStatement = "select * from users" ' Get reference to the Exec SQL Task Set oPkg = DTSGlobalVariables.Parent Set oExecSQL = oPkg.Tasks("DTSTask_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2").CustomTask ' Assign SQL Statement to Exec SQL Task oExecSQL.SQLStatement = sSQLStatement ' Clean Up Set oExecSQL = Nothing Set oPkg = Nothing Main = DTSTaskEx...

Web resources about - Do somebody know how long (in chars) script(command) can be solved by SQL Command? - asp.net.sql-datasource