Database tables and lookup up tables?

Ok say I would like to build a table for of the following questions(say 6 questions for the sake of argument):

Do I just stored the index of the radiobuttonlist. What are some resources that I could look at. Should I make a look up table.

5) If money were no object, I would live . . .
Prefer not to say
On a tropical island
In a New York penthouse
In an English castle
On a Texas ranch
In a Malibu beach house
In a mountain retreat (Selected)
On the moon
None of the above

1 --->
2 --->
3 --->
4 --->
5) --->6 This is the question we are looking at.
6 --->
How should I create the database table for the above example.

Thank you!
0
macupryk

If I understand your problem properly you need something like that:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Questions] (
[QestionID] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
[Question] [nvarchar] (100)
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Answers] (
[AnswerId] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
[Question] [int] NOT NULL ,
[Answer] [nvarchar] (100) ,
[NextQuestion] [int] NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Answers] ADD
CONSTRAINT [PK_Answers] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
[AnswerId]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Questions] ADD
CONSTRAINT [PK_Questions] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
[QestionID]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Answers] ADD
CONSTRAINT [FK_Answers_Questions] FOREIGN KEY
(
[Question]
) REFERENCES [dbo].[Questions] (
[QestionID]
)
GO

Best regards,
LesioS
0
LesioS

Link FoxPro Database table to SQL Server Database table
I have LAN Server in witch Visual Foxpro Database reside.I have another remote server in witch SQL Server 2005 installed.I want to link Foxpro table to SQL Server Database Table.Is it possible? Can please someone help? Thanks MS...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

Database table to formview to other table
Okay here's my situation I'm trying to make a page that the user is presented witha a single text box. This text box would be used to entering problems, complaints, etc. Apon Pressing insert there is a number of other fields that would be hidden that would be used to create a complete ticket to be written to a ticket database, this information would be pulled from a USer database using the User's login... Where I'm at... I currently am Using a Select statement for my User table, and an Insert Statement for my Tickets table. They are both in the same datasource and using Us...

SQL Database
How do I in visual web developer using visual basic find the value in Database1, Table = Valuation, Key = State, of the Description1 Field and put it into label 1.  The database is an SQL databaseThanks for the help. This sample (from ASPNet101.com), uses textboxes, but the syntax would generally bethe same, just with a label: http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=drtest2 There are no automated ways to do this specific task, that I know of, so it would be a manual method of building the page and code.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Pl...

how to insert all data from vb.net dataset to a temporary table in sql server database
I always get solutions for my question from the forum , thanks for all your help. Question is i have select some data from a database in server 1 and save it in to a DataSet in vb.net now i need to create a temporary table in server 2 test database and insert all rows in DataSet. I know I can read row by row in DataSet.Table(0) and execute a insert statement for each row. but i think this is time consuming. Is there any way that I can transfer all data in DataSet to a temporary table at once. need your help please. I am selecting data from Server 1 Datababse (original1) as follows &n...

a little help with transfering table A in Database A into table B in database B
I can't seem to find a good tutorial in transfering data from one table in database a into a different table in database b. The catch is that the fields in the tables don't match exactly. How can I do this? Examples, tutorials, etc are greatly appreciated.Thanks!Graphfixz Data & Web Designhttp://www.graphfixz.com All you need is INSERT INTO with column list that will give you control of how you the the insert into the new database, the other option was to use DTS.  Try the link below for the INSERT INTO statement.  Hope this helps.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/def...

Creating new Tables/View in a SQL Database using VS.NET 2k3
Using server explorer in VS.NET, I can not create new tables or even views for a SQL database for exemple the Northwind DB. When I right click the Tables node I don't have anything labled Create new table, even for views.  Can someone point me how can switch to the design view in VS.NET?  In a Step by Step manner, please.  Thanks.I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code! any help please?I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code!...

How do I use a SQL query as my report datasource instead of just picking the tables in the database expert?
A colleague of mine has been creating our reports for our application and so far he's been just selecting the tables and setting up the relationships using the database expert (I think). We need to change this so that we can filter the data so we're only reporting on a single account instead of every record in the database. What do I need to change to accomplish this? Can it be done in the report or will I need to create a data source of some kind in the application and pass it into the report somehow? We're new to Crystal Reports so this may be a simple answer. Thanks! You can pa...

Wanting to take info from one SQL table and update to a seperate SQL table

T-Sql insert from table to table
Ok, need a little input on how to aproach this problem.Transfering data from one table to another.The first statement was easy...INSERT INTO myTable(ID)     SELECT ID      FROM someTableBut now, need to get the rest of the data - row by row.Selecting table columns:userID, objID0, objID1, objID2........ objID19 Also status 0 - 19, max 0 - 19Inserting table columns......userID, objID, courseID = "something not in selecting table",  status, maxAs you can see I am improving the database. (not my creation  )So, the selecting table r...

Why I cannot create/edit tables in VS.Net Server explorer for SQL Server 2000 Developer local database?
I found that when I install MSDE, then I can create/edit database objects for MSDE database in Visual Studio 2003 Server Explorer, but when I try to create/edit database objects under the default database created by the SQL Server 2000 installation, I cannot do these tasks as no option for these tasks appear when I right-click on the database object in Server Explorer.  Anyone knows why this is happening?sun21170 I reproed your issue. And I found in MSDN it is said the Server Explorer can: -Open and view Server Explorer -Add a data connection -Add a server -Drag a...

Web resources about - Database tables and lookup up tables? - asp.net.sql-datasource

ERISA and All Claim databases
... laws, on the books in 18 states, requiring self-insured employers to report data about the prices they pay to “all payer claims databases.” ...

Sanders’ campaign looses access to N.H. Democratic voter database - The Boston Globe Sanders’ campaign ...
... the presidential campaign of US Senator Bernie Sanders has been denied access to the New Hampshire Democratic Party’s valuable voter database ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

Over 680TB of data exposed in MongoDB databases
There are at least 35,000 publicly accessible and insecure MongoDB databases on the Internet, and their number appears to be growing. Combined ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

MacKeeper Leak Highlights Danger of Misconfigured Databases
The Shodan port-scanning service finds at least 35,000 MongoDB databases accessible without a password.

OracleVoice: Oracle Challenges SAP On In-Memory Database Claims
Companies that run SAP’s applications should know that most of those applications can perform much better on Oracle Database than on any other ...