Convert SQL Express to SQL server or Access

Is there anyway to convert an SQL Express database to SQL server or Access format?
0
dunc85

From one SQL Server to another is called moving a database and I have covered all the ways you can do in the FAQ below, sorry I don't use Access but you could use DTS to move it to Access, how to get the limited DTS is covered in the second FAQ.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1454694.aspx
http://forums.asp.net/thread/1458004.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

How to convert a SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server Express
Hi, I have a SQL Server 2005 Database that I would like to export to SQL Server Express. How do I go about this? I've tried backing it up, creating a new (blank) SQL Server Express Database and trying to restore it, but get the following message: TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio------------------------------ Restore failed for Server 'PRODSOL-LAPTOP1\SQLEXPRESS'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.2047.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOp...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

Converting from SQL server 2005 back to sql server express edition?
Hi folks,I was working on MS sql server 2005 evalution where i have built a number of databases. However, i came to discove that the evalution version has expried before i finished my work. Now i have disinstalled the sql server 2005 and installed the Sql express edition.My concern here is how can i keep my databases so they can work with sql express edition?Thank you very much in advance. Since you dont have the option of backup and restore, what you can do is attach the databases. Find the .mdf files of your database in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data ( replace w...

Accessing App_Data SQL Server 2005 vs SQL Server Express
  I'm working an exercise from Microsoft Learning ASP.Net.  This exercise has you creating a registration form using the CreateUserWizard.  When I attempt to store the login data, I get the following error messages, which point towards SQL Express.  While I do have Express on my machine, it is not started, I am using SQL Server 2005.(Management Studio).  My web config files all use Data Source/Database = .  or =(local).  I am using the AdventureWorks database, on SLQ Srv2005 and have no trouble accessing it's da...

Deploy Sql Server Express DB to Sql Server Express
I have developed by webite with Visual Studio 2005 and sql server express. I'm trying to deploy my website to a VPS with sql server express running on it I ftp'd the App_Data folder to the remote via the 'copy web site' Everything seemed okay until I started trying to run more complex database operations using stored procedures and transactions. It appears that the schema is messed up because when defining the parameters for a stored procedure, upon ExecuteNonQuery I get the error that I've assigned too many parameters which I have not (since it runs fine on...

sql server and sql express
hi do anyone know how can we installer ms sql server 2000 and ms sql express 2005 on the same machine?thnkJust a new programmer try new solution Just install them (better install from local hard disk): install SQL2000 then SQL Express is ok and vice versa. Do you have any problem during the installation?Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

SQL Server Express file to Sql Server
I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take?   Thanks for any helpTinyPond TinyPond:I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take? If you have Express Management Studio, you back backup your database, and them import it to SQL Server (or attach and reattach).Justs open SQL Server Express Management Studio, connect to your Express instanc...

SQL Server Express
I'm developing applications with VWD Beta1 and SQLServer Express, and when its possible I'll want to publish it on the INet. I'll probably publish it in a server with SQLServer (without Express), and I want to know if I will have to change something in my code for this change. Thanks!!subgurim.net: blog de ASP.NET 2.0 con C# en castellanoes-asp.net: el portal de ASP.NET en castellano If you don't use any specific SQl 2005 Features, you should probably not need to change your code (Maybe only the connection string so it will target the other Sql Server)./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ tw...

SQL SERVER EXPRESS versus SQL SERVER
Would anyone really use ASPNET2 Membership Services with its built in Sql Server Express database for a major, heavy traffic website? How well would sql server express handle 1 million members? Can anyone point me to an article comparing performance of full blow Sql Server with (watered down?) Sql Server Express? Seems to me you already know the answer to this question in the way you ask the question.  SQL Server express is just for normal web applications for learning/teaching and small time deployment.  Obviously by logic heavy traffic ( esp in the 1 million range even in t...

SQL Server Express and SQL Server 2005
can any one tell me what the main differences are in the two editions? also can you use and express 2005 edition database on sql 2005? if not how would you do that? Tuppers Look here for a detailed comparison between the two.Yes, you can use Express databases on SQL Server 2005. Just attach it to an instance of SQL Server 2005.Is this enough information?DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem! cheers i was told by my host t...

Web resources about - Convert SQL Express to SQL server or Access - asp.net.sql-datasource

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.

Stanford Designs Underwater Solar Cells That Convert Greenhouse Gases Into Fuel
... solar industry and the battle against climate change. Importantly, writes Stanford [&hellip Stanford Designs Underwater Solar Cells That Convert ...