convert SQL 2005 express .mdf to SQL 2005

Hi Forum, I need some good info regards remote host requirements.

I dev web app using VS 2005 express edition and SQL Server Management Studio express. Everything is ready to transfer to host running SQL 2005.

My ? do I have to convert my SQL 2005 express .mdf to a SQL 2005 file type. (hosting company state I do, then save as .bak)

much appreciate good data, Paul

0
plkilroy

 A mdb file is Access based, an mdf file is the data file of SQL Server. They are not convertible. You will have to import the data from access or export / upsize from access to make them stored on the server.

Please Remember to Mark as Answer,If it really helped you solve your problem.
renjita
9/18/2007 5:48:10 AM

 check out this link

http://aspalliance.com/888

Vish

If you find this post useful, mark it as an Answer
0
vish4forum
9/18/2007 5:50:26 AM

There are two easy solutions:

1) Attach you .mdf file to your database with the hosting company.

2) Make a backup for your database (e.g. on the local machine) and restore it in your database with the hosting company.

Good luck.

Regards,
CS4Ever
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped.
This will help me, you and others.
0
CS4Ever
9/18/2007 6:57:02 PM

CS4Ever:

There are two easy solutions:

1) Attach you .mdf file to your database with the hosting company.

2) Make a backup for your database (e.g. on the local machine) and restore it in your database with the hosting company.

Good luck.

There are two more solutions but some time it does not work due to security issues from the hosting company.

1) Use SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) a wizard that will  copy your data and objects from local machine to the hosting server.

2) Use Database Copy Wizard.

Good luck.

Regards,
CS4Ever
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped.
This will help me, you and others.
0
CS4Ever
9/18/2007 7:00:09 PM
Thanks everyone for info, I ended up creating a blank db on host server and configing through SQL server manager, cheers P
0
plkilroy
9/18/2007 9:56:49 PM

What do you mean by:

plkilroy:
configing through SQL server manager

Please mark Answer the post(s) helped you, so it will help other to get the soltion.

Thanks.

Regards,
CS4Ever
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped.
This will help me, you and others.
0
CS4Ever

SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005
Hi all, I am sure it has been asked before, but i can't find the answer anywhere in the forum... I developed an application with SQL 2005 and .Net 2005 and i wanted to know how (if it is possible) to use that database in the SQL Express 2005 (for small customers). I have the database (tables, views and stored procedures) as it is done on the SQL 2005. If i will just attach the database in SQL Express 2005 it will work or should i do something else too? Thanks a lot. (Is it possible to install both SQL 2005 and SQL Express 2005 on the same PC? I already have SQL 2005 installed). Ye...

VS 2005 SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2005 Developer Edtion
I would like to know if there are any issues having VS2005 with SQL 2005 express and SQL 2005 Developer on the same computer.  I seem to have problem performing a Remote Connection to SQL 2005 Developer.  I  have enable the protocols and enable remote connection but I still have issues conneting. Any tips or help Thanks JulioJulio D....

Import SQL 2005 Express to SQL 2005 Server
Hi, Can anyone give me a "dummies guide" to transfering my DNN 4.0 site from my development machine, running SQL Express 2005 to my host/production server which is running SQL Server 2005? Any other general advice for transferring sites between machines? Thanks, DG ...

Moving SQL 2005 DB to SQL 2005 express
Hi. I developed an ASP.NET based website at work using MS SQL 2005 Developer Edition as the back-end. Now I have a friend who needs a website and I can basically use some of the same tables/SPs I used at work. My questions are: 1. Can I detach the DB from work and attach it to an MS SQL 2005 Express database?2. As the developer of the website, what do I have to do to distribute the web application? Being the express version of SQL, do I have to pay for licensing or things like that?Thank you.  1. Can I detach the DB from work and attach it to an MS SQL 2005 Express database?...

Local SQL 2005 Express to Hoster SQL 2005 Server
I have been creating applications using SQL Express and uploading them to my hoster. No problems there. Now, I feel I'm ready to the next step and would like to start using my hoster SQL Server. I have created a database in their server, now how do I move my created SQL Express Database to their regular SQL Server? Is there a way to run a tool against my local DB and create a script to run in my hoster? What is the best practise here? Your help is appreciated. Download the Database Publishing Wizard from Microsoft - it's a free tool that integrates with your IDE (Visual Studio or ...

SQL Express to SQL 2005
Hi All, I've developed an application and used sql 2005 express. We upgraded the server to sql 2005. How do I get my current database to work on this server.   ThanksDo something out of character each day this week. Change your hairstyle, wear a different colour, show your teeth when you smile, eat chocolate-anything! Just choose to be different because you can! Just attach the .mdf file. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional AS...

SQL Express and SQL 2005 ?
I use my SQL Express 2005 on my machine and my friend use SQL Server 2005 on his machine . Does it get any errors when i give my project (my project's database using SQL Express 2005 provider) to my friend ? If it get errors , how can i fix it ? Thanks . Hi, You will need to give him the database file and let him attach it to the server. Also, please let him modify the connection string accordingly. Make sure he's connecting to the right database.Sincerely,Kevin YuMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps ...

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Any compatibility issues between SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2005 Server
Hi All, The IP company that host my site is installing SQL 2005 soon and I my building a web application with SQL 2005 Express. So the question is has anyone heard of any problems with uploading an 2005 express onto a sql 2005 server? I would like to find out now before I finish all of the work. Don't want to find out later that you can't run a sql 2005 express database on a sql 2005 server. Thanks for taking the time to read this.   Well it seem no one know the answer so I emailed the author of a book called Beginning SQL Server 2005 Express. He emailed me back SQL Server 2005...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

Web resources about - convert SQL 2005 express .mdf to SQL 2005 - asp.net.sql-datasource

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.