Convert from Access DB to SQL DB....

Dear All,

 I would like to convert from Access To SQL DB undervisual Studio.Net 2005...

How can I do it easily, or if there any software to do this automaticlly, please your help..

 Awaiting your valuable reply.

Many thanks in advance for your cooperation and continuous support....

0
ali

What version of MS Access are you using?

Most of the Access versions like XP/2003 all have an upgrade wizard that allows you to convert your existing database to SQL Server.

In Access 2003 I believe you can use the Upsizing Wizard which can be accessed from Tools -> Database Utilities -> Upsizing wizard

Alternatively you can always import all the tables/data/procedures into SQL Server using Enterprise Manager/Management Studio.

0
jimmy
11/5/2007 8:46:22 AM

Microsoft guide you to good support for this:

The easiest way to convert an Access database to SQL Server is to use the Upsizing Wizard. The Upsizing Wizard:

Preserves database structure, including data, indexes, and default settings.
Automatically converts Access validation rules and default settings to the appropriate SQL Server equivalents.
Maintains table relationships and referential integrity after you upsize.
To run the Upsizing Wizard in Access 2000, on the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Upsizing Wizard.

You will got details information from his link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307598

Ahsan

Ahsan Murshed
__________________________
Please "Mark as Answered" if helpful for you.
ASP BOSS
0
ahsanm
11/5/2007 9:24:43 AM

Thanks for  your replying...

I've got Access 2007, and I've done this way.

However, it asks me to choose the Sql server and it gives me connection error when I use local !!!, and I'm using the Visual Studio.Net 2005 which has Sql Express Edition..

So, I would like to migrate the Access DB to my project in Visual Studio 2005 ( ASP.net -> C# language ).

I'd like you to know also that I haven't installed SQL Server 2005 or 2003. Do u think that I need it to do this?

Many thanks...

0
ali
11/6/2007 5:02:44 AM

ali Manshow:
However, it asks me to choose the Sql server and it gives me connection error when I use local !!!, and I'm using the Visual Studio.Net 2005 which has Sql Express Edition..

what is your SQLEXPRESS instance called as this should be the name you should be typing into access

ali Manshow:
I'd like you to know also that I haven't installed SQL Server 2005 or 2003. Do u think that I need it to do this?

SQLExpress is enough and you would not need to install SQL Server 2000/2005

0
jimmy
11/6/2007 5:46:12 AM

You should not install the SQL server 2005 because visual studio 2005 has built in Sql Server 2005 Express. So you can easily use this.For connect with sql express you simply use ./SQLExpress in server field.

Ahsan

Ahsan Murshed
__________________________
Please "Mark as Answered" if helpful for you.
ASP BOSS
0
ahsanm
11/6/2007 5:47:13 AM

Thanks I have tried this, but it still gives me connection error because of wrong Sql Server or Access Denied..??

Do u think that I have to change the settings for SQL login:

There are 3 options:

1) Local Service.

2) Local System.

3) Network Service.

Which options shall I choose.

Or do I need to change any settings in Access 2007 DB.

Thanks so much....

0
ali

Convert SQL Server DB to Access DB
Hi, I'm trying to convert a SQL Server 2000 database into a Access database because my hosting provider does not support SQL Server. I have tried the DTS, however it can only convert the tables, not the stored procedures. So is it possible to convert the stored procedures as well? I'm looking forwards to your response Phan Nguyen Hello, I believe you need some third-party components to do so, check the links below: MSSQL-to-Access 1.0 MSSQL Migration Toolkit v1.0 All are shareware tools, yuo can download and use them as a trial version. Regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS,...

Howto: Convert sample SQL dB code to Access dB code?
Hello, In reference to the book: ASP.NET Web Matrix Starter Kit (ISBN: 0-7356-1856-9) Chapter 14 – Creating a Web-Based Calendar. The sample code works great when using an SQL server dB. However Web Matrix allows us to use an Access dB as well. My question is how do I convert the code found on page 275 to work with an Access dB? I have got the rest of the sample code in this chapter to work using Access, but I am not familiar with the proper way to convert this code: Sub DisplayAppointments(dateToDisplay As DateTime) labelSelectedDate.Text = dateToDisplay...

Access DB instead of SQL DB?
Hi folks, Is it possible to set up a Membership-Type Access DataBase in the same manner as an SQL DataBase with ASP.NET automatically configuring all of the DataBase components so that the DataBase will be the same as an SQL DataBase? In other words, could I do something like create an empty .mdb file, put it in the App_Data folder, and ASP.NET will set up the Tables, Views, Functions, etc. and configure it as I add the Login, Password, etc. Controls? Many Thanks. hypercode: Hi folks, Is it possible to set up a Membership-Type Access DataBase in the...

access db to sql db rewright
I am changing a page from Access to SQL express database.  I usually use Dreamweaver Datasets and no problem with them but my hit counter is different.  Can someone rewright this code to work with a SQL database?  If t is possable to use it with a dreamweaver dataset that would be even better but i will take what I can get to learn. ThanksRusty  _________________________________________________________________ <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug=false %><%@ import Namespace="System.Data.OLEDB" %><%@ import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imag...

How to keep SQL DB and Access DB syncronised
Hi, I have a project which i'm trying to do for a client. It starts with an access database on the local client machine, plenty of fields but the main ones are DealerID, VehicleID, Make, Model There is also an SQL server on the internet which drives a website, it has the same fields, DealerID, VehicleID, Make, Model. I need to write an application that reads the local access file and updates the SQL server. What is the best way to do this?, At first I thought delete everything from SQL server then upload everything from Access but that doesn't seem like the best way, Really I ...

BCP Sybase SQL Server db to SQL Anywhere db?
Anyone, I am searching for an automated way to take an entire Sybase SQL Server db on a Unix server and get it into a Sybase SQL Anywhere db on my laptop. I dont feel like going table by table through the Pipeline not to mention that I have RI proplems with this approach as well. Ideally, I would like to have explained to me a way to perform a BCP from the Unix SQL Server world into the windows based SQL Anywhere world. If this is even possible. The model itself is not as important as the data because we use ERwin and I am able to forward engineer the model onto the SQL Anywhe...

[...]

Changing access db to sql db web application.
I am experiencing problems with databases for the web application that i am developing. The problem is that I have transferred the database from access to sql which initially seemed to work ok. I am now however struggling to solve the problems with one of my fields titled 'notes'. The trouble is that in the original database the notes field contained different notes from different dates for each record, and each note is separated by carriage returns. It is the carriage returns that are now proving to be a problem in the sql database but i am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciat...

How do I synchronise local SQL Server Express db with my online SQL Server 2005 db?
For various reasons, I have a situation where the data in the SQL Server 2005 database hosted by my ISP is more up to date than the data in the matching SQL Server Express database on my own PC. I now want to synchronise these two databases but don't know how to do it. Because I am still developing my ASP.NET 3.5 app, which has not yet been opened up to users, I am only used to synchronising in the other direction by first using the Database Publishing Wizard within Visual Web Developer 2008 Express to create a suitable script associated with my SQL Server Express database and then runn...

Transfering tables and data from one MS SQL DB to another MS SQL DB
I need to transfer tables and data from one SQL DB to another SQL DB. I know it can be done with Server Management Studio and I have searched Studio and Help but can't find any info on the database migration wizard. Hi,jayd  Follow This Link U can Get Help From This For Ur Case    http://forums.asp.net/t/1352620.aspx   PLZ MARK AS ANSWER IF IT HELP U. THANKS. RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who w...

In WSS Backing up DB of SQL 2005 and restore in DB of SQL 2000 giving error
Hi, sometime ago, I have installed WSS and configured using typical option whereby be default SQL server 2005 used for creating the content DB. Later I realize that I need to use SQL 2000 instead because of licensing problem. Therefore, I have re-installed the WSS but now using advanced options and selected SQL 2000 instead. Earlier when using SQL 2005, I have created nearly a complete site and backed up the whole farm. Now with the newly installed WSS, when I try to restore the backed up WSS farm, the restore process giving error saying “the backed up DB is using structure version 611 but c...

Converting SQL Anywhere db to MS Access
We have a PB 7.0.2 app running against a SQL Anywhere db. We would like to convert the db to MS Access 97 or 2000, and have the app run against this db. What are the steps necessary for this, and are there problems to be expected? I know that we will have to change the app's db connection, but will the datawindows work seamlessly against the Access db without doing any changes? TIA. ...

Convert a SQL 5.5 DB to access
Does somebody know, how I can convert a SQL-A DB to Microsoft Access? Thanks How about using linked tables from Access? -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com ** Please only post to the newsgroup ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com <Greg_Snudjlov> wrote in message news:D7F378BEBB7DF63B0070E1B585256C8C.0070E1C485256C8C@webforums...

Web resources about - Convert from Access DB to SQL DB.... - asp.net.sql-datasource

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.