can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003

I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?
Dim conn As SqlConnection
Dim connstr As String
connstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"
Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr)
Dim ds As New System.Data.DataSet
conn = New SqlConnection(connstr)
conn.Open()
daEvents.Fill(ds)