Can I install SQL 2005 Server Express on a machine that has SQL 2000 Server

I have a dedicated server running SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003.  Can I install SQL Server 2005 express so that I can run sites developed with VWD Express.  I still have the sites that need to use the sql 2000 server.

chrisswany

Yes but it best that the sql server 2000 instances be upgraded to service pack 4.

Silverlight-help
Vb Tips
Space Coast .Net User Group
0
Ken

Can I install sql server 2000 and sql server 2005 in the same machine
Hello ,i am an asp.net developer my pc has sql server 2005 already and now my company use sql server 2000I think 2005 is very easy to use but some of 2000 that I don't know so can I install 2000 in the same machine with 2005 ?thanks for your kindness.Kate  You definetely can. Go ahead and have fun. ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** By the way, if you need to connect to a 2000 DB, you dont need to install 2000 on your local machine. You can still connect to the company DB through your 2005 Management Studio. Just register the server a...

Installing SQL Server 2005 & SQL Server 2000 on the same machine?
Hi All, I've installed SQL Server 2000 on my development machine, but would like to install SQL Server 2005 on the same machine without upgrading. Is it possible? I need to keep SQL Server 2000 for my existing production databases. Any one know the solutions? or any article? Thanks bosox04 wrote: I've installed SQL Server 2000 on my development machine, but would like to install SQL Server 2005 on the same machine without upgrading. Is it possible? Yep. bosox04 wrote: Any one know the solutions? or any article? Just install it and give it a different name. ********************...

Can Sql Server Express 2005 Run a Sql Server 2000 database?
Should be a quick question:I've got a client with a Sql Server 2000 database.  He wants to hook it up to a server that is only running Sql Server Express 2005.  Can this work? Thanks!-Craig U-Sports.net - Taking Fantasy Football to School Tell him to Backup the database and send you the .bak you can restore it as 2005 database.  I have posted a FAQ about moving SQL Server databases and there is a free chapter about Backup and Restore in the link below.  Hope this helps.  http://forums.asp.net/thread/1454694.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks!  I will rec...

Installing VS2003 and VS2005 / Sql server 2000 and SQL server 2005 on the same machine
Hey guys, I want to install on the same machine VS2003 and SQL 2000 to study for MCAD and VS2005/SQL server 2005 for ASP.NET 2.0 development.   I used to install two images of WinXP one for .NET1.1 dev and the other for .NET 2.0 but everytime you need to switch from .NET1.1 development to .NET2.0 I need to reboot and launch the other winxp image. any help would be appreciated.  I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code! Where are you having a problem with this? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Can I install the SQL 2005 Express beside SQL 2000 server to the same computer?
Hello, Sorry for my question, I know, that there were several topics about sql 2000 vs SQL 2005, I read all them but unfortunately I haven't got the correct answer. I must install my intranet application that uses asp.net 2.0 and SQL 2005 Express to a Windows 2003 server with SQL 2000. It is possible to install SQL 2005 Express beside the 2000 server? It is very important, because I have no possibility to test and that Win2003 server there are a few programs that use SQL 2000. What will happen with the 2000 databases and their programs if I install the 2005 Express to the ser...

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

Installing SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 20005 on the same machine
Hi all,is it possible to run both instances of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 on the same PC?The reason I am asking is becasue my install failed for SQL Server 2000 when i already have SQL server 2005 installed.Get the following at the end of the sqlstp.log file...###############################################################################Starting Service ...Latin1_General_CI_AS-m -Q -T4022 -T3659An error occurred while attempting to start the service (1053)SQL Server configuration failed.###############################################################################01:52:54 Process Exit Code: ...

Web resources about - Can I install SQL 2005 Server Express on a machine that has SQL 2000 Server - asp.net.sql-datasource

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Ted Mack working to install an independent in Joe Hockey's old seat
Ted Mack is plotting the defeat of another Liberal Party candidate in North Sydney.

You can now try Firefox OS 2.5 on your Android device with a quick APK install
Bored with your current flavor Android, but don’t want to flash a new ROM? You're in luck. Firefox has today released an interesting "Developer ...

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
With iOS 9, it is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time ...

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...