Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?

I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!

SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip files

SuperCool Random Number Generator
0
mycwcgr
8/28/2006 11:40:38 AM
📁 asp.net.sql-datasource
📃 29906 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1105 Views

The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.

Hope it helps,

Joe

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette
8/28/2006 2:19:15 PM
oh wait. I don't have the Express version so I'm not sure if it is limited to local connections, it might be.

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette
8/28/2006 2:20:07 PM
mycwcgr:

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?

I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!

Try the thread below everything you need and alternatives is covered in it.  Post again if you still have questions.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1379211.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0