Which aspnet_regsql wizard is recommended on a Win 2003 server x64 with .NET 64-bit and .NET 32-bit Framework?

Hi everybody,

I installed on an Win 2003 server x64 .NET 64-bit framework (beta 2.0.50215). After that I installed VS2005 beta 2 (2.0.50215) and SQL2005 (VS 2005 Beta Experience Kit). No problem are visible.

Two .NET frameworks are installed, ...\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v20.0.50215 and ...\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v20.0.50215.

What aspnet_regsql wizard is recommended to use to configure a SQL Server database that stores information for ASP.NET applications services?

Thanks

BI-needs-IT
Business Intelligence Consultant
0
BI

Both should work fine.
HTH,
Manu
0
manuva
10/18/2005 6:15:59 AM
Hi Manu,

yes, it looks like. Is it maybe the same wizard with same results, but only in different file areas?Hmm [^o)]

Regards
BI-needs-IT
BI-needs-IT
Business Intelligence Consultant
0
BI

diff between win 2003 server and win 2003 .net server
whats the difference between them ?***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** one has .net stuck at the end of it.... i don't know.... aren't they the same thing? Its a marketing thing - depends on what Subsection you are in :PGet ready to blast your energy levels into high gear with Sedgewick Energy Drink. High powered adaptogenic herbs mixed with potent levels of B-vitamins and...Please disregard the contents of this post. i went to a local .net users group meeting and grabbed the stuff that they had...so got a developers kit of windows .net ...

DW.NET in Windows Server 2003 64 bit's
I want to know if Datawindow .NET 2.5 run on Windows Server 2003 64 bit's MARY ...

v1.1 .net Web Applications not working on R2 x64 bit 2003 Server
 Hi All, we have moved on from Windows Server 2003 32bit to 64 bit....as a result all my web 2.0 applications both 32bit and 64bit are working fine on 64bit server. Am facing problem only for v1.1 applications ....they are not running on the 64bit server...i've made IIS to be set in 32bit mode and in web service extensions Asp.Net v1.1 is allowed as well... Can someone please help me out on this...is there anything am missing out..... Also in IIS, right click on a website --> properties and goto Asp.Net tab....it only shows me v2.0(x64) framework. As a...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

IDM 3.5.1 Server 2003 32-bit and Server 2008 64-bit
Need some advice or guidence. Currently we have a 32-bit Windows Server 2003 server that our eDirectory server is running on. We just got a new box for one of our drivers that is a 2008 server and 64 bit. I have a couple of questions if anyone could help that would be great. 1. Can you connect a windows 2003 32 bit to a windows 2008 64 bit ? 2. The remote loader on the 32 bit side is 3.5.1 but on the 64 bit side it had to be 4. Can these two connect to each other and pass information ? 3. I am getting an error on the remote loader side, I don't have the exact error bu...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

Performance improvments to expect from net 64 bit version and bit manipulations
Hello, I have a statistical application which is based on a lot of bitmanipulations of int32:s. Can I expect any performance improvments when the net 64 bit version is out and I can base the calculations on int64:s? I am more or less asking if doing int64&int64 will be a lot faster then doing int32&int32&int32&int32..How much faster? Faster. For the factor you have to wait till we all get our hands at this. It depends on a lot of items, especially on the JIT compiler. You have one of the rare cases where it may really make a difference.Thomas TomiczekPowerNodes ApS...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Which version of the .net framework works with VS.NET 2003
Can VS.NET 2003 run any version of the .net framework? I.E. - can this version run 2.0 of .net framework? Hi,VS2003 compiles for .NET Framework 1.1. Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU although vs2003 targets the 1.1 framework, in many cases, applications created with vs2003 will run on both the 1.1 and 2.0 framework.backwards compatibility was an important goal for MS when the 2.0 framework was being created.you would need to thoroughly test to be sure though.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/netfxcompat.asp?frame=true#"docum_topic3"...

.net framework 2.0 in vs.net 2003
I have installed .net framework 2.0 beta. I already have vs.net 2003. Is it possible for me to get all the features of .net framework 2.0 in vs.net 2003? no, it's not possible, but ASP.Net 2.0 will be 100% backward compatible with ASP.Net 1.1./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Changing from 32 Bit Server to 64 Bit Server?
Hi all,we want to buy a new server but doesn't know which bitting.I've googled two days about this, and i found out that it should be a little faster then on 32 bit Servern but nothing exactly.Has anyone experience with running a webapp (32 bit) on a 64 bit Server? Is it fast as on a 32 bit Server?What about a 64 bit webapp on a 64 bit Server?! Is this webapp faster as compiled on 32 bit on a 32 bit Server?What are the differences? I know that you can run Framework 1.1 on a 64 bit Server and that you can run 32 bit webapps (with a little iis configuration :-))thanx for answering It all dep...

Web resources about - Which aspnet_regsql wizard is recommended on a Win 2003 server x64 with .NET 64-bit and .NET 32-bit Framework? - asp.net.security

OSS on Azure
OSS on Azure

CorFlags Conversion Tool (CorFlags.exe)
Developer Network MSDN subscriptions Get tools Sign in Home Technologies Cloud Mobile Web Business Data Gaming Dev centers Connect Tech Advisors ...

J.D. Meier's Blog
J.D. Meier's Blog. Software Engineering, Project Management, and Effectiveness. Patterns and Practices at Microsoft.

connection string for SQL Server Express from asp.net 2.0
... 2005 Express was the Web Site Administration Tool (WSAT) having a problem connecting to said SQL Server Express instance even after aspnet_regsql ...

Visual web developer 2005 &SQL 2005 in Vista trouble-shooting - Web Development learning dairy
... a connection to the database. If you have not yet created the SQL Server database, exit the Web Site Administration tool, use the aspnet_regsql ...

Initializing Membership Error
... Membership database objects: To create the Membership database objects in SQL Server Database, run C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ \aspnet_regsql.exe ...

OssOnAzure - Forums
Azure and Aspnet_regsql.exe [closed] Monday, June 25, 2012, 10:50:00 AM Possible Duplicate: Migrating ASP.NET Membership Database to SQL Azure ...

ASP.NET SQL Server Registration Tool (Aspnet_regsql.exe)
The ASP.NET SQL Server registration tool (Aspnet_regsql.exe) is used to create a Microsoft SQL Server database that is used by the SQL Server ...

Software Publisher Certificate Test Tool (Cert2spc.exe)
Developer Network MSDN subscriptions Get tools Sign in Home Technologies Cloud Mobile Web Business Data Gaming Dev centers Connect Tech Advisors ...

ASP.NET SQL Server Registration Tool (Aspnet_regsql.exe)
... Microsoft SQL Server database for use by the SQL Server providers in ASP.NET, or to add or remove options from an existing database. The Aspnet_regsql.exe ...