web service client when server uses ssl

Dear guys

I have a web service which will use ssl certificate. my client application is written in vc++ and atl library. what shall I do in client side concerning ssl? could you please give a link?

Ahmadi_rad

Only keeping this post alive.

I hope somebody can give me a link, an article to start. how to deal with ssl in client side of web service.

Ahmadi_rad
4/25/2008 12:36:15 PM

Hi

Here is a sample class library which illustrates how to connect to a HTTPS server: Connecting to a HTTPS server with SSL using Wininet

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/wininet_ssl___certificate.aspx

Hope it helps

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.
Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong
4/28/2008 7:22:41 AM

Thans Xiao

It seems good. let me use it in software and I will post the results here

0
Ahmadi_rad
4/28/2008 11:24:48 PM

I'm not sure, can we combine it with proxy class created by AddWebReference?

0
Ahmadi_rad
4/30/2008 4:30:54 AM

Hi

You can't add a reference, instead, one of the way I know to call unmanaged C++ functions from ASP.NET is use P/Invoke.

 This article might also help:

http://geeklit.blogspot.com/2006/08/calling-c-lib-from-c.html

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.
Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Question: I want to have both SSL Server cert and SSL Client in my web server
 Hi, I have a particular situation here where I must install two different SSL certificates, and I'm not sure how to proceed.  In the web site I'm developing, I have my web server (Server #1), that will communicate with another server (Server #2) to get & receive data. Then we have, of course, the client (with his regular web browser, calling my web server). The scheme would then be:  CLIENT <==> Server # 1 <==> Server # 2For the "Server # 1 <=> Server # 2" communication I need to have in my web server (sever # 1) an SSL Client certifica...

problem in using java web services from .net client
I am trying to make a .net client for a java web service made using JAX-WS 2.0 . Actually the web service maintains session of the client. Well i did create a client from java and it worked. But i am having problem in consuming the web service from .net client. According to the specification of that web service i have to set the SESSION_MAINTAIN_PROPERTY of the BindingProvider true to indicate whether or not the client wants to participate in session with service endpoint. It is done in java client in following way:Hello proxy = new HelloService()...

How to use a ColdFusion client to a WSE .NET web service?
How to use a ColdFusion client to a WSE .NET web service? thanks...

How to use a PHP client to a WSE .NET web service?
I'm using username token without encryption WSE 3 features on my web service.  How can a PHP client consume my web service?  Is this a totally unheard of use case?  I can't find anything on it.Andrew L ArnottVisual Studio Platform & Ecosystem Did you ever get an answer to this and if so could you share? Having the same issue I'm afraid I didn't.  I got as far as an unencrypted, username token authentication WSE web service, but I still haven't gotten a PHP client to be able to pass the credentials in as required.You'd think this would be a more popular issue.Andre...

Can pb client using ssl web service
I have created a test web service system using powerbuilder client and NVOs in EASERVER.It run ok. But who can tell me,can the PB client consume this web service using HTTPs .(security web service) I found a related white paper in sybase.com,but it's about HTML client+JAVA class using HTTPs.My focus is on PB client+PB NVOs in EASERVER using HTTPs web service. Thanks. By the way,I have migrated the PB10's code example programe to a web service client,if you like,you can run it now--download http://mwweb.3322.org/webs/pbetowebs_noscript.rar ,then run pbetowebs.exe in t...

Using SoapHeader Between .NET Web Service and WebSphere Portal client
Hi, I have an application which consist of .NET based Web Service and WebSphere Portal based client. The problem i am facing is that WebSpher portal is not able to generate class derived from SoapHeader class e.g. My Header class Looks like this public class ServiceHeader : SoapHeader {       string LoginID; } The webspher based portal is not able to retrieve this class from WSDL. To add to that the portal client is not able to send SoapHeader to .NET based web service application........   Help me to resolve this....

A question about Web Service security / secured web service Testing
Hi, I created a web service and secure it using SoapExtention. I implemented code from this link. http://www.developer.com/net/net/article.php/11087_2192901_2 Now if I create proxy class from my other webapplication and call any webmethod of my webservice, I must provide username password to access any of its webmethod, otherwise it is throwing SOAP Exception which works fine. But now when I open this webservice locally using its URL, in Internet Explorer, like http://localhost/MyWebService/poservice.asmx, it shows me all webmethods and I can invoke any webmethod from here without using ...

Can Non-.NET Web Service Clients Use Datasets?
If a .NET-written web serice returns a dataset, can a web service not written in .NET use that dataset? If not, what should be returned? thanks in advance, Geoff I would return a string (in xml format possibly) - you could probably just return DataSet.ToXML() as the return value How about creating an object to represent each row in the dataset and then putting it into an array?...

Unable to connect to the remote server while using web service and ssl
 hi, I have one c# application through which i connect to web service. web service is SSL protected. when i connect it through secure wireless network it is working well. but when i try to connect web service using unsecured wireless network connection i get the error as Unable to connect to the remote server or The remote name could not be resolved: Could secure and unsecure wireless network affects on ssl protected web service? Please help me!!!!!!! vedikaBapat: I have one c# application through which i connect to web service. web service is SSL protected. when i conne...

Threading in .NET Web services?(Server and client running simultaneously)
Hello, We have a little problem in doing the following: We want to invoke a method/create an object remotely through web services and want that method/object run for sometime to finish its task meanwhile the caller of this web service continue doing its work. We are newbies to .NET. We dont have touch with the features of .NET. So we are thinking that threading is a solution. But are there any other solutions to this problem?? Thanks in advance, Phanikumar See if below link could helps you http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbco...

Web resources about - web service client when server uses ssl - asp.net.security

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

Huge crowd expected at memorial service for Jonah Lomu
More than 1000 people are expected to gather as the Tongan community and South Auckland bid farewell to rugby legend Jonah Lomu.

TV news car in accident with emergency services fighting Esperance bushfires
A car being used by a TV news crew has been involved in an accident with an&nbsp;emergency services vehicle being used to fight the Esperance ...

Paris attacks: Russia offers France a puppy as sign of solidarity after death of service dog Diesel
Russia offers France a puppy as a sign of solidarity against terrorism, after French service dog Diesel was killed during an anti-terrorism raid ...

Seniors, Millennials embrace ride-sharing services
... users. Americans both young and old who previously didn't have access to road transportation will soon capitalize on new ride-sharing services ...

LG announces its own mobile payments service
Korean tech giant LG has announced it will soon be launching its own mobile payment service. The service, which will be a direct competitor to ...

Cisco picks RTP for 'Technology Verification Service' center
Triangle Business Journal (blog) Cisco picks RTP for 'Technology Verification Service' center Triangle Business Journal (blog) At Cisco's ...

now WeTransfer is launching a streaming service too
In the past week we got news of Beats Music and Rdio shutting down (the latter because Pandora acquired "key parts" of it), and now comes the ...

Airbnb's CEO wasted four months building a roommate-finding service before realizing it had already been ...
... roommate search tool,” Chesky explained. “We worked on this for 4 months and then realized roommates.com had already built this service. I couldn’t ...

Did Amy Schumer throw a ‘massive fit’ at a gym or just get mad at bad service?
Radar Online is running a story claiming that Amy Schumer pulled the “don’t you know who I am” card at an Equinox gym in New York City. The way ...