using x509 certificate in securing a webservice

i am using wse 3.0 to secure my webservice  but i am not getting it right  next are the steps that i followed tell me where i went wrong

1. used makecart  tool to creat a certificate

2. to secure  my webservice  i used wse 3.0

in server and client policy i used same sertificate so that every thing matches

i configured my client and server with the same sertificate in that case

but in response of client  request i get this earror

Object contains only the public half of a key pair. A private key must also be provided.

0
pari_194

 hi boy,

ensure your private key is accessible(on  right place) to client(can read it and send to server)

My blog is here.

Please remember to 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
-1
ivanatanasov
2/12/2008 11:24:02 AM

can u explain me how can i make it accessiable if it is not  coz public key is acessible  on right place ??  store !  i belive i  my client  application can read the certificate  but cant find the  private  key    any   suggestion for that
1
pari_194
2/12/2008 12:32:21 PM

 are you certificate is from authorized vendor?

My blog is here.

Please remember to 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
ivanatanasov

Problem Using X509 certificate for security
Hi,I tried working on WCF. I am able to find out many things in WCF.I am trying to implement X509 Certificate concept with my code.While downloading through samples from the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2611A6FF-FD2D-4F5B-A672-C002F1C09CCD&displaylang=en,I am trying to use this Example: "WCF_WF_CardSpace_Samples\WCF\Extensibility\Security\X509CertificateValidator\CS"I am getting some error. The error description is:"The certificate 'CN=' must have a private key. The process must have access rights for the private key"I have gi...

How secure is secure?

security too secure

when is secure, secure?

When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just
Name: Dwight Metcalfe Email: dwmet1atgmaildotco Product: Firefox Summary: When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just "reload" the other site once automatically just to save time. Hmmmmmmmm. Comments: Only been doing that about a month. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to reade...

How to implement WSE 3.0 SOAP Security Header for Webservice call using .NET Engine
Hello, I am using PB 11.5 and trying to call webserice using .Net engine. My problem is webservice I am calling requires me to populate soap header as per WSE 3.0. my WSDL doesn't contain any reference to soap header as a result of this I am not able to populate user ID, password, Token .etc. I need to populate security header like below. <soapenv:Header> <wsse:Security soapenv:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/oasis-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.1.xsd"> <wsse:UsernameToken> <wsse:Username>your_id</wsse:U...

Anybody using F-Secure Client Security?
Is anybody else using F-Secure Client Security AND Novell BorderManager? If so, we've isolated a problem where Client Security 7.0.1 causes a BSOD & reboot when clntrust tries to initially authenticate to the proxy server. If you're already authenticated to the proxy server, everything works fine. If you unload clntrust and authenticate manually, everything works fine. The BSOD only occurs during the initial connection. It only affects about 10% of our users, but with that 10% it's *VERY* consistent. So far, the only fix we've come up with is to back-rev...

(IN)SECURE Magazine from Net-Security (PDF download)
A little more light reading :-) Latest issue, #13: http://www.net-security.org/insecuremag.php (86 pages, with ads [not animated ads] - like a printed magazine) Archives of past issues: http://www.net-security.org/insecure-archive.php ISSUE 13 (September 2007) * Interview with Janne Uusilehto, Head of Nokia Product Security * Social engineering social networking services: a LinkedIn example * The case for automated log management in meeting HIPAA compliance * Risk decision making: whose call is it? * Interview with Zulfikar Ramzan, Senior Principal Re...

Security Risks of using built-in security controls?
Hi,Our IT team have a policy whereby a database Server is not allowed on any of our web servers, for security reasons.  With the onset of the in-built security controls, the SQL server is automatically created and placed in the App_Data folder which resides on the web site.Could anybody point me to literature that would inform us whether having the SQL server on the web site will compromise the security of our web server, together with any ads or disadvantages of using this system.Also, if  SQL server is not allowed on the Web server, is it possible to use&...

Securing menu items using PFC Security Service
I am trying to secure menuitems in a PFC based app (PB702) using the PFC Security Service. I have a master menu in my app called m_pims_master inherited from m_master in the PFE layer. All other menus, which are associated to windows in the app, are inherited from m_pims_master. When I scan the app using the scanner, which is a standalone EXE (no PBDs), I do not see any of the menuitems that I added to the m_pims_master showing up in the template list as menuitem objects on windows that have the descendant menus of m_pims_master associated to them. Shouldn't these menuitems be liste...

How secure is AuthenticationTypes.Secure?
I understand that AuthenticationTypes.Secure requests secure authentication using Kerberos or NTLM (??). However, here is a scenario I am trying to understand. Let us say that I am having a regular ASP.NET site - with SSL certificates not installed on the web server. The login sends the request out to an AD server which also does not have certificates installed. However, I have set Secure flag to AuthenticationTypes.Secure. When the username and password data gets transmitted between the application and the LDAP server, how secure are the password and username info? In other words is this in...

Intranet Help: Using AD Security for Security Settings
I have an intranet that I plan on upgrading to .NET portal functionalist. First, I am using this sdk as a way of learning. My question is: how can i authenticate users using AD domain security for a portal? Furthermore, how can i tie their AD login back to as existing database that contains employee information. (It currently does this in old ASP)...

Using WebService Security in PB10!?
Hi all, Is it possible to use WS-Security in PB10? The service I need to access requires the use of WS-Security, i.e. use of digital signatures and digital certificates in order to verify the sender an to ensure data integrity. If PB10 does not natively support WS-Security, is it still possible to implement this using third party components or tools? Thanks! That's coming in 10.5, due for release in less than 2 weeks. On 3 Mar 2006 01:03:44 -0800, "Nutshell" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is it possible to use WS-Security i...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

Web resources about - using x509 certificate in securing a webservice - asp.net.security

Wildcard certificate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In addition, wildcards themselves can have subjectAltName extensions, including other wildcards. For example: The wildcard certificate *.wikipedia.org ...

Birth certificate mix-up sparks identity fraud fears
Parents of newborn children have been mailed birth certificates for other peoples' babies in a mix-up described as a major privacy breach.

Birth certificate mix-up sparks identity fraud fears
Human error has led to nine parents being sent&nbsp;birth certificates for other peoples' babies, in what has been described&nbsp;as a major ...

Doctor-assisted dying should be listed on death certificates: law professor
Provincial and territorial death certificates should indicate when a patient's life was ended with the help of a doctor, says an analysis published ...

Google considers following Mozilla, Microsoft, and dropping SHA-1 certificates early
Last month Microsoft said that it was considering ending support for TLS and SSL certificates that used the SHA-1 hashing algorithm, after Mozilla ...

Xbox Live certificate keys exposed according to Microsoft
... necessarily mean you've been hacked, but the possibility is there. In a new security bulletin the company claims that the SSL/TLS digital certificate ...

China's Use of Derivatives to Hide Capital Flight Comes Unglued; Reserves Fall by Record Amount; "Worthless" ...
... for a while, using swap derivatives. Things looked better, until December and January, when suddenly they didn't. About Those "Worthless" Certificates ...

Exclusive: Birth Certificate for Ted Cruz’s Mother
Eleanor Darragh, mother of Ted Cruz, was born in Delaware on Nov. 23, 1934, establishing her citizenshipand, later, his, though he was born in ...

MSNBC's Chris Matthews confronted Donald Trump about Obama's birth certificate after the debate
... , MSNBC host Chris Matthews confronted Donald Trump over the real-estate mogul's past questioning of President Barack Obama's birth certificate. ...

Cruz releases mother's birth certificate amid citizenship debate
The Republican presidential candidate has faced mounting questions over his eligibility to run for the White House