username not coming up

I'm using User.Identity.Name to retrieve the user's windows userid but it's not coming up, what am i doing wrong?
0
mikejohnson

Mike

Post your code. User.Identity.Name should return the username. Its very hard to say something without seeing where you are using the code.
0
abbasatpsu
8/4/2003 5:42:36 PM
all i'm doing is setting a text box's text property equal to it:

txtUserName.text = User.Identity.Name
0
mikejohnson
8/4/2003 6:38:58 PM
got it, had to disable anon access
0
mikejohnson

security message("page contains secure and non secure items") coming on https: site
Hi we have developed a site and url of that site begins with https . Now everwhever page loads it gives a security message that " page contains secure and non secure items'. We donot want this message to come on our site. I read a few articles saying that my image should come from relative path or I should use css classes for images or there should not be any http url in my page. I have implemented these solutions also but still my page is giving this security message.   If any body could tell me how to avoid this message.   A lot of thanks in advance..  ...

(IN)SECURE Magazine from Net-Security (PDF download)
A little more light reading :-) Latest issue, #13: http://www.net-security.org/insecuremag.php (86 pages, with ads [not animated ads] - like a printed magazine) Archives of past issues: http://www.net-security.org/insecure-archive.php ISSUE 13 (September 2007) * Interview with Janne Uusilehto, Head of Nokia Product Security * Social engineering social networking services: a LinkedIn example * The case for automated log management in meeting HIPAA compliance * Risk decision making: whose call is it? * Interview with Zulfikar Ramzan, Senior Principal Re...

about net security
Name: Nasir Email: nasi81ataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: about net security Comments: Dear Sir Please tell me that if I use firefox for browsing any type of web site, can it would be checked by my administrator that which type of web sites are to be open at my system or not? Mean the Administrator can check or not the sites which I used to open at my system? Waiting your reply Thanks & Regards Nasir Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note ...

Security Briefs: Security Enhancements in the .NET Framework 2.0
Security Briefs: Security Enhancements in the .NET Framework 2.0 http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/01/SecurityBriefs/default.aspx *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** As I write this column, version 2.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework is at Beta 1. When I got my bits, I hacked together a little program to dump all of the public members of all public types in the entire Framework and ran it on version 1.1 as well as 2.0. I then used WINDIFF.EXE to compare the two text files, and s...

Is .NET Secure?
Here's the scenario. I want to develop a website that is hosted by a third party (shared web host initially) that contains sensitive data.    I encrypt / decrypt the data (that is stored on the SQL server encrypted) at the data access tier to StringBuilders and pass them up the business logic layer to the presentation layer. When the data hits the presentation tier, in this case the web page, I must convert them to String so that I can display them as you cannot simply point web controls to StringBuilders . When the page is rendered, these strings&nbs...

Security in .net
Dear friends i have created applications projects and also  give the permission to download through web.but every month client have to  get new registration number then only that applications will work.other wise it will get expires .give the idea how to do that .. Hi, inbaathere are a lot of ways to implement such an application. You have 2 main choices to make - to use the direct URL to your file (for example http://yoursite.com/downloads/somefile.zip) or to use common download page ( for example http://yoursite.com/download.aspx?fileId=23423154243 ).1) If you choose the first ...

.net Security
Hi.Please explain me about declarative security & imperative security.Thanks in advance.(If this has answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer" on this post. Thank you!)Best Regards,Michael SyncMicrosoft WPF & Silverlight InsiderBlog : http://michaelsync.net Declarative security is where you establish Code Access Security requirements through the use of attributes attached to classes and methods. Imperative security is where you interact with the security engine using method calls.RegardsDave Thanks so much..(If this has answered your question, please clic...

Security in .NET
hi All, I m make a application, here, user can view some page or some not, So which type of security i can use, Page Level security means, every time when page,this check user is valid or not, or User level, means every time user login, check those pages user can visit. which type of tecnique is best regarding security and performence... plz discuss in detial thanx in advance Sajjad Please Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem__________________________Regards,Sajjad RizviC U ON NETreply me : sajjaddotnet@yahoo.com Windows authentication  - for intranet scenarios. F...

when is secure, secure?

Has security come to this?
Has security come to this? http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/12/19/50secadvise_1.html The Trappist monk�s dismay was deep. His sorrow was so great it made me sad to listen to his story. He had been forced, he explained, to stop using e-mail to carry out his work because it had become impossible to stem the onslaught of spam, especially pornographic spam. The result, explained Brother Barnabas Brownsey, Ordinis Cisterciensis Strict Observance, manager of the business that supports Holy Cross Abbey in Berryville, Va., is that sales of the abbey�s famous fruitcake have suff...

security too secure

How secure is secure?

In Vs.Net 2005, grid does not come up in designer like in VS.net 2003
Hi, I am using VS.Net 2005. Previously I used VS.Net 2003. In 2003, whenever i add a new file it used to display the page in grids that helps me moving the controls and aligning it. But in 2005, i could not come up with an option that can show the grid with dots in the designer. Am i missing any setting here?   Regards, Jagadeesh   Turn on first checkbox for Absolute Positioning on the options page Tools | Options, HTML Designer, CSS Positioning.  From that point on controls dragged to the page will be absolutely positioned.-DanThis posting is provided "AS I...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Web resources about - username not coming up - asp.net.security

Wikipedia:Username policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... When choosing an account name, do not choose names which may be offensive, misleading, disruptive, or promotional. In general, one username ...

Facebook Makes It Easier For Pages To Change Username
Facebook announced Wednesday that it is making it easier to change the username of a Facebook page . Before, page administrators would have to ...

Coming Soon: Facebook Usernames
von Kathy H. Chan, Dienstag, 9. Juni 2009 um 12:11 UPDATE on Saturday, June 13: Username selection is now live at http://www.facebook.com/username/ ...

Coming Soon: Facebook Usernames
UPDATE on Saturday, June 13: Username selection is now live at http://www.facebook.com/username/. Remember, choosing a username is optional and ...

Breaking: Facebook Username Landrush to Start June 13 at Midnight
The Facebook vanity URL landrush is on. Starting this Saturday morning, June 13, at 12:01am EDT, Facebook users will be asked to choose a username ...

When Did You Join Twitter?
Find out when you joined Twitter When Did You Join ? Twitter Username: Retrieving... Username not found Your account was created on Mar 20 2007 ...

Flickr: Photos & Video from [username here]
Explore [username here]'s photostream on Flickr. This user has 0 photos on Flickr.

Wikipedia: Username - YouTube
Who edits Wikipedia? Meet some of the volunteer editors from around the world who help make projects like Wikipedia a reality. Also available ...

Snapchat hacked, leaking 4.6 million usernames and phone numbers
4.6 million Snapchat usernames and numbers have leaked after hackers exploited a security flaw exposed by Australians and posted the information ...

Google wants YouTubers to ditch usernames, start using full names
As BetaBeat first noticed, Google is attempting to peel back the anonymity cloak that surrounds YouTube. The search engine, which seems to dabble ...