Url Forwarding Problem

Hi All,

I have an ASP.NET appication running on http://xx.xxx.xxxx.xx/aspApplication
and I have a domain http://www.mydomain.com registered at godaddy.com for
this application.I have setup domain forwarding at goDaddy.com to forward to
http://xx.xxx.xxxx.xx/aspApplication. I am using Forms Authentication on the
application.Now the problem i am facing is , when i login to the application
through http://xx.xxx.xxxx.xx/aspApplication everything works fine and get
authenticated and logged in. But when I login in through
http://www.mydomain.com , the cookie gets blocked and I am prevented from
logging in(i am not getting authenticated).
The path in the web.config file is pointed to path="/".
Any help appreciated.

Nick Niculae

MCP
0
simpleman

You have to go to IE options. Privacy. and either allow third-party cookies, or "Edit" and add xx.xxxx.xxxx.xx to the per site privacy sites.

Your redirection is probably in the form of a frame with your redirected site in.
IE treats cookies coming from the site in the frame as third-party cookies instead of second-party
0
CumpsD
3/6/2004 6:38:39 PM
Thank you!

It works, however it is not the best solution.
I can't tell to more than 1000 users to change their IE settings.
Any other solutions?
Nick Niculae

MCP
0
simpleman
3/6/2004 9:55:52 PM
Try to get the domainname linked to your space without frames :)

Some call it a bug in IE, I believe it's one as well, don't know thou if that's supposed to work like that by-design or by-mistake.
You get this problem in every langauge with the cookies. I had it in PHP. Tried about everything, issueing the cookie with the 'container' domain, without domain, ... Nothing worked until I figured out that that setting was responsible.
I believe it works in other browser, haven't checked it thou.
The only solution is to have the domainname actually point to the webserver in the nameservers, and the webserver then serves the right site depending on host header (IIS) or in apache it's called VirtualDirectories I believe. (IIS Vdir <> Apache VDir I thought, before you get confused ;))
You'll have to ask your host to do that.
0
CumpsD

How do I secure URLs in .NET?
Hello All,  How do I secure URLs in .NET?Let's say a user 'One' can open this pdf:  http://www.someUrl.com/1.pdfbut when he manually changes the URL to http://www.someUrl.com/2.pdf   I want to display the errorPdf page or something like this? Any ideas on how to do it?Thanks   akdwww.polmarket.org Hello, What exactly do you want to do, to protect some of the files from particular users access? RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting yes, exactly. My user 'One' can only see the report ...

Security Problem(URL Authorization)
Hi,   I want to view a file in my web form (in an ASP.NET application) from an http folder, in other hand everyone can Type the URL address in the address bar and view the file outside of my application. If I set a password for my web folder, it’s ok but when users work with application they must enter username and password of my web folder. I tried several ways to solve my problem but I couldn’t. I appreciate if anybody can help me   Best regards, Mokhtari          ...

email url string security problem
I added one more page Approval.aspx for the IBuySpy Store. So when user click the submit order button an email will be sent to user's supervisor for approval. That email includes the url link of approval.aspx and user'id and order's id. And I also set <location path="Approval.aspx"> <system.web> <authorization> <deny users="?" /> </authorization> </system.web> </location> in the web.config file. My problem is that when a supervisor click the...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Page Level Security Problem when url rewritten.
Hi All,          In my application (ex: mydomain.com) I'm having two folders Employee and Admin. When employee logged in then Admin folder pages should not be accessed by the employee. when Admin logged in, he can view all. I have coded it and added a two web.config files one for  each from access rule of WAT. Working fine, but when I write the Admin/default.aspx URL I’m able to access. How can I overcome this problem? Please help me. Regards,Mulukutla It sounds like your role based security is not configured correctly.  What role prov...

Accessing .NET Component in PB
Hi guys. I know this is not the right place to ask this question but I really need your help fast. The other company made a COM object in .NET 2.0 which manages connection to web service and signing of xml file. We copy those dll files to location where app using it is running, use regasm.exe to register the component and out tests using it were !successful!. BUT. If I run application as administrator it all works perfectly, but if I run application as "user" oleobject.connecttonewobject returns 0 - success but function calls fail and return message says something like...

New to .NET/IIS
I have a problem where one of the sub-directories of our website is being redirected to another URL and I can't find where the code or setting with the redirection is located.  The IIS log shows when a file in this sub-directory is requested the server sends a 301 response and a to redirect to an https site instead of the original http.  So for example:  I request: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/index.asp And the web server redirects to https://www.microsoft.com/windows/index.asp The result for any page I request under the /windows directory is a p...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

Securing the urls to the secure pages
I write in the address bar: localhost/MyWebsite/Admin/securepage.aspx And I am able to see it. It there anyway that I can make this folder "Admin" secure. HighOnCodingWanna get high! Use forms authentication and don't allow annonymous access to that folder. This can easily be done by making few changes in web.config file Hope this helps Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stick...

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

AJAX.NET in a custom module : Some kinda security problem
I have been building a custom module which uses the AJAX.NET dll (available through: http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/csharpsample/default.aspx)I have it working very well for ROOT portals, but for some reason it is breaking on CHILD Portals??Here's what I've done to make it work:In web.config I had to add the httpHanlder:<add verb="POST,GET" path="controls/*.ashx" type="Ajax.PageHandlerFactory, Ajax" />I used the path "controls/*.ashx" to get around DNNs URL Rewriting.  Using this path, DNN doesn't try to re-write the URL.  (By the way if you've been having problems gettin...

Problems implementing role security (.Net 1.1)
I'm having a problem implementing role based security.  Here's my code:   Sub Application_AuthenticateRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) ' Fires upon attempting to authenticate the use If Not HttpContext.Current.User Is DBNull.Value Then If HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.AuthenticationType = "Forms" Then Dim id As Web.Security.FormsIdentity = CType(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity, Web.Security.FormsIdentity) Dim ticket As Web.Security.FormsAuthenticationTicket = id.Ticket Dim userData As String = ticket.User...

Web resources about - Url Forwarding Problem - asp.net.security

Call forwarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Call forwarding , or call diversion , is a telephony feature of some telephone switching systems which redirects a telephone call to another ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Choice urges IP spoofing for better IT prices - Parliament, House, prices, iTunes, guide, US forwarding ...
Consumers should spoof their IP address and use US forwarding addresses to beat high IT prices in Australia, consumer advocacy group Choice said. ...

Martin Taupau email mix-up highlights legal risks of forwarding misdirected message
An incredible email mix-up gave a Canadian theatre critic a cracking NRL scoop &ndash; and potentially a legal headache.

VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance_网络子站_IT专家网
VRF-VPN路由转发实例(VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance) VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance

Facebook Messenger updated to version 4.0 with groups and message forwarding
... 4.0 Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place Forwarding: ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding - SocialTimes
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Sprint StarStar Me offers vanity phone numbers and controlled call forwarding
Sprint has kicked off a new add-on service today called StarStar Me. For $2.99/month, subscribers can register a new number that's accessed by ...

Facebook Messenger 4.0 Features Easy Group Creation And Message Forwarding
... , its messaging-focused app, to version 4.0 on iOS. Facebook Messenger 4.0 introduces a couple of significant new features: groups and forwarding. ...