url forwarding and forms auth

I have an issue. I have a site www.site1.com that is hosted by company A. site1 uses forms auth and it works fine. I have another domain (www.site2.com) that is hosted by company B. site 2 all it does is  to point to site1. The authentication fails when I attempt to log in as site 2. I assume it is because of different domains. what would it be the solution? any insight will be appreciated. Thanks,

JR

0
redansem1

Hi

For security constraints, it's difficult to pass user auth cookie between web applications on multiple domains which do not share the same parent domain,(Unless the Cross Domain Cookie works)

Here is some further information on use Single Sign-On(SSO) for every one. It can be very similar to the section “SSO for two applications in different domains” in the following article

http://blogs.neudesic.com/blogs/michael_morozov/archive/2006/03/17/72.aspx

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong

How do I secure URLs in .NET?
Hello All,  How do I secure URLs in .NET?Let's say a user 'One' can open this pdf:  http://www.someUrl.com/1.pdfbut when he manually changes the URL to http://www.someUrl.com/2.pdf   I want to display the errorPdf page or something like this? Any ideas on how to do it?Thanks   akdwww.polmarket.org Hello, What exactly do you want to do, to protect some of the files from particular users access? RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting yes, exactly. My user 'One' can only see the report ...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

URL rewritting, compression and forms auth
I'm using custom httpmodule to add compression to web pages. I want to also use url rewritting. I also don't want to make problems with my forms authentication system. Will I mess anything with forms auth by using custom BeginRequest for adding compression? What is the best way to implement both? Maybe I should just use custom login system and forget about forms auth? ...

Securing the urls to the secure pages
I write in the address bar: localhost/MyWebsite/Admin/securepage.aspx And I am able to see it. It there anyway that I can make this folder "Admin" secure. HighOnCodingWanna get high! Use forms authentication and don't allow annonymous access to that folder. This can easily be done by making few changes in web.config file Hope this helps Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Using Forms Auth to secure the /members directory
After I place the following Web.Config file in the /members directory... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> <authentication mode="Forms"> <forms name="ToDoMembers" path="/" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30"> </forms> </authentication> <authorization> <deny users=&quo...

How to Store image url form .net to xml
hi i my web page i am list out some images. when i click button. i want sote the listed images url in xml. how to do this? give me some source If your image list is retrieved in a dataset, you could simply use the dataset's WriteXml method to write the xml to the response stream. i.e.:MyDataSet.WriteXml(Response.OutputStream); My Blog  Hi,  string filename = "pincodedata.xml"; XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlTextWriter xmlWriter = new XmlTextWriter(Server.MapPath("xml\\" + filename), System.Text.Encoding.UTF8); ...

dot net site with forms Auth. with a Virtual Directory???
What's the deal? Ok, I have a small asp.net app running on my home website. If I allow access to subdirectories under the main directory, everything works great. BUT...If I set up a virtual directory somewhere else on my server (and give rights to that directory for "everyone" and the aspnet web user) the app fails when trying to connect to that directory. I even added "directory browsing" and it still fails. I'm using Forms authentication, and, like I said, if I move the dir where my app is, everything works great. SO, my question is: If I want to set up a virtual ...

How to secure certain file types using Forms Auth?
right i am trying to prevent direct access to files in a certain folder without being authorised. e.g. www.domain.com/secure/blah.csv I have a root web config which:  <location path="secure" inheritInChildApplications="false">    <system.web>   <authorization>       <deny users="?" />     </authorization>  </system.web>  </location> <authentication mode="Forms">   <forms name=&qu...

Using Forms Auth to secure just one directory.
I think this is a fairly easy question but I can't find the answer anywhere. I want to leave the root directory of my application open to the world, but secure the /members directory using Forms Auth with a db. How can I secure just one directory instead of the entire application using the Web.Config file? Thanks Did you check the answer I gave!? view post 307733Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Yes, but I did't really understand your answer and I thought that maybe I had asked the question in the wrong way. I just want to secure one directory, not the entire app. Can I d...

secure pdf using form auth gives strange errors
Hello, I've googled this extensively but haven't been able to find an answer to this question.Also not through the post on this forum: http://forums.asp.net/p/1020158/1378995.aspx#1378995 Having a website working with forms authentication to force a disclaimer agreement I stumbled upon the following.Users could just type in the direct url to a pdf file and then still obtain it. So following this guide: http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/37592.aspx I was able to successfully force a redirect to the login form. However when I tried to approach the pdf file after (s...

URL Rewrite with URL Rewriter for .NET
 I am trying to set up the URLRewriter for .NEt and am having trouble setting it up.The code I have in my web.config has all the code in the right place and The following is the URL rewrite rules:<rewriter>            <rewrite url="/forums/(.+)/$" to="/forums/ViewForum.aspx?forum=$1" />            <rewrite url="/forums/(.+)/(.+)/$" to="/forums/ViewTopic.aspx?forum=$1&topic=$2" />      &nb...

Web resources about - url forwarding and forms auth - asp.net.security

Call forwarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Call forwarding , or call diversion , is a telephony feature of some telephone switching systems which redirects a telephone call to another ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Choice urges IP spoofing for better IT prices - Parliament, House, prices, iTunes, guide, US forwarding ...
Consumers should spoof their IP address and use US forwarding addresses to beat high IT prices in Australia, consumer advocacy group Choice said. ...

Martin Taupau email mix-up highlights legal risks of forwarding misdirected message
An incredible email mix-up gave a Canadian theatre critic a cracking NRL scoop &ndash; and potentially a legal headache.

VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance_网络子站_IT专家网
VRF-VPN路由转发实例(VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance) VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance

Facebook Messenger updated to version 4.0 with groups and message forwarding
... 4.0 Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place Forwarding: ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding - SocialTimes
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Sprint StarStar Me offers vanity phone numbers and controlled call forwarding
Sprint has kicked off a new add-on service today called StarStar Me. For $2.99/month, subscribers can register a new number that's accessed by ...

Facebook Messenger 4.0 Features Easy Group Creation And Message Forwarding
... , its messaging-focused app, to version 4.0 on iOS. Facebook Messenger 4.0 introduces a couple of significant new features: groups and forwarding. ...