setup AP.NET membership database & web.config in .NET 3.5?

 A long time ago I setup an ASP.NET security database using aspnet_regsql.exe. I noticed this utility doesn't ship with .NET 3.5. Can anyone direct me to a writeup of how to create the security database and modify the web.config for membership?

 Thanks!

Michael

0
itinko

Hello Michael,

You still use the .net framework version 2 version of aspnet_regsql.exe in something like C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
As I understand it ver 3.5 is just adding new features onto the version 2 framework but mostly asp.net is just the same.

Hope it helps

Jeremy

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

.Net 3.5 ADO.Net Data Service & Ajax
 Hello, I was trying to use the example in the following video and I keep getting "Server Method "Categories" failed" error. I have .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008, is there any workable example out there? I also added the Entity Data Model. http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/video-239.aspx  I really like the way how you can access data in the database using javascript. Any help on this code? thx Default.aspx     <input id="ButtonQuery" type="button" value="Perform Query" onclick="return ButtonQuery_oncli...

.NET 3.5 SP1 & ADO.NET Entity Framework Clarification
I'm a little confused, can someone please clarify, with the recent release of .NET 3.5 SP1....  does that include an official "release" of the ADO.NET Entity Framework?  Or is the framework still in early pre-release stages?Thanks,Matt BrownMetalReview.com - Metal music community and reviewsHaulix - Easy promotional media distribution for the music industry Entity Framework is officially released and is part of SP1. Sweet times, sweet times. This is the official forum for it: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=533&SiteID=1 The forum was no...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

.net 3.5 convert to .net 2?
 how can i convert in Web Developer 2008 .net framework 3.5   to .net 2 ? KAHREDEN HAREKET ENGELLENNEMEZ  Hi,If you have not used any .NET 3.5 controls, you simply need to remove all references to .NET 3.5 within the web.config. I hope this helps, if it answers your question, don't forget to mark it as such for those who come afterwards.Regards,Gareth ChidgeyManaging DirectorPushInternet Ltd  ok.how  can i create new web site in web developer 2008 at .net framework 2  .    KAHREDEN HAREKET ENGELLENNEMEZ  try this http://we...

Upgraded to VS2008 & .NET 3.5 ... 3.0 Web services no longer working
Hi guys. We've just upgraded to to VS2008 and .NET 3.5 and found that 3.0 web services that where running on the machine we did the install on are no longer working or showing up as web services during discovery. Are there any common causes for this? Thanks. ...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Web resources about - setup AP.NET membership database & web.config in .NET 3.5? - asp.net.security

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints membership statistics (United States) - Wikipedia, the ...
These results are found on the map below on the right. Note: some less populated states were combined in this survey. These include:Montana- ...

Drivers of Facebook Shuttle Buses Eye Teamsters Membership
Facebook and several other tech companies in Silicon Valley provide shuttle buses to transport their employees, and according to The New York ...

Search Twitter - membership
... old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Josh Jerga @ josh_jerga 3m WA Auditor General says DFES knows volunteer membership ...

Membership Has Its Privileges
Right now, crossing one of the magical rep borders happens more or less unnoticed. People just gain the particular powers. Now, of course they ...

Membership Cards - a set on Flickr
... home Sign Up Explore Recent Photos The Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder Flickr Blog Upload Sign In Membership ...

Reporter Stumps State Spokesperson On Negative Consequences Of Palestinian UNESCO Membership - YouTube ...
Reporter Stumps State Spokesperson On Negative Consequences Of Palestinian UNESCO Membership

The benefits of private club membership in the UAE
Lifestyle membership clubs can offer cardholders exclusive leisure discounts across the Emirates. But there can be a big catch - you need to ...

New Brisbane Broncos CEO Paul White Flags Membership Drive
The coal executive taking over at the helm of the Brisbane Broncos has his eyes set on the thousands of fans who regularly turn up to home games ...

Joe Tripodi's ALP membership suspended
NSW ALP has suspended membership of Joe Tripodi amid a corruption inquiry.

Invite-only memberships expand at Canberra's sky-high lounge
... club &ndash; if they have been lucky enough to get an invite The 15th floor lounge billed as Canberra's most exclusive has quadrupled its membership ...