security question ASP - SQL - integrated security

I have a question about ASP - SQL - integrated security.

I set up an ASP .NET application which is running on a server (serverA).  My SQL database is running on a separate server (serverB).

I implemented integrated security when I'm connecting to the database (connectionstring="Provider = SQLOLEDB;Data Source =EREQ0003\EREQ0003 ;Initial Catalog = MinitBackups;Integrated Security=SSPI;Trusted_Connection = True")

What I see is that the user logid in on the server is used to connect with my database.  But this is not the way I want to work.  I want that the user, loged in on the PC where the application is opened (client), is used to connect with the database.

Is it possible to get the logged in userinformation (domain and username on the client) and use it (in the aspx files on the server) to connect with the database?  Can I do this without asking the user to fill in his domain and username?

0
StijnVU

You need to configure Windows Authentication.

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

security too secure

when is secure, secure?

How secure is secure?

How secure is AuthenticationTypes.Secure?
I understand that AuthenticationTypes.Secure requests secure authentication using Kerberos or NTLM (??). However, here is a scenario I am trying to understand. Let us say that I am having a regular ASP.NET site - with SSL certificates not installed on the web server. The login sends the request out to an AD server which also does not have certificates installed. However, I have set Secure flag to AuthenticationTypes.Secure. When the username and password data gets transmitted between the application and the LDAP server, how secure are the password and username info? In other words is this in...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

How secure is secure enough?
July 28, 2008 (Computerworld) This story originally appeared in Computerworld's print edition. If there is a Holy Grail in the information security industry, it surely is the answer to the question, "How secure is secure enough?" It's a question that many security managers have either avoided answering altogether or tried to quickly sidestep by throwing a fistful of mainly pointless operational metrics at anyone who cared to ask. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=321921&intsrc=hm_list -- "Never d...

Password secure...is it secure?
Yes I just got this baby and I LOVE it! Its great. I have stored all my passwords inside of it (and yes made a few backups from them in secure locations) How secure is this program really? It uses blowfish to encrypt the database but how strong blowfish? 128bits? 256? 448? Anything else I should think about it? I have putted it and its databases inside PGPdisk just to play it safe...but then again Im a paranoid. :) -- Markus Jansson ************************************ My privacy related homepage and PGP keys: http://www.geocities.com/jansson_markus/ ********...

Security
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm a Mac user 10.4.8 of Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 & am wondering how "Enabling FIPS" will improve my security? I can't seem to find any explanation of FIPS under Thunderbird help. -- Have a good day R Schwager --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Tr...

Secure By Design: How Guardian Digital Secures EnGarde Secure Linux
"EnGarde Secure Linux is not just another "repackaged" Linux distribution, but a modern open source system built from the ground up to provide secure services in the threatening world of the modern Internet."... http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/125195/171/ ...."The Community edition of EnGarde Secure Linux is completely free and open source, and online security and application updates are freely available with GDSN registration."... http://www.engardelinux.org/modules/index/index.cgi -- js ...

(IN)SECURE Magazine from Net-Security (PDF download)
A little more light reading :-) Latest issue, #13: http://www.net-security.org/insecuremag.php (86 pages, with ads [not animated ads] - like a printed magazine) Archives of past issues: http://www.net-security.org/insecure-archive.php ISSUE 13 (September 2007) * Interview with Janne Uusilehto, Head of Nokia Product Security * Social engineering social networking services: a LinkedIn example * The case for automated log management in meeting HIPAA compliance * Risk decision making: whose call is it? * Interview with Zulfikar Ramzan, Senior Principal Re...

How to remove Security Question and Security Answer from membership provider?
How to remove Security Question and Security Answer from membership provider?Following is my codes. Please tell me how to remove Question and Answer from membership provider. Thank you for replying.CreateNewWizard.aspx            <asp:CreateUserWizard ID="CreateUserWizard1" runat="server">                <WizardSteps>                    &l...

Netstorage Secure then UN-Secure
Have a problem with Netstorage: I log in under the secure website of https://ipaddress:51443/oneNet/NetStorage and then after drilling down to folder, the secure web site changes to http://ipaddress:51443/oneNet/NetStorage/Documents. Why??? does it go to the unsecure site? Claudia, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com...

Secure page to Secure page
Name: Jonathan Email: jbeldonatopenwaterloansdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Secure page to Secure page Comments: I have had several crashes going from a secure page to another secure page. The response I often get is that the page does not exist. This only seems to occur on secure pages. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

java.security.Security issue

Web resources about - security question ASP - SQL - integrated security - asp.net.security

Integrated circuit packaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Early USSR made integrated circuit. The tiny block of semiconducting material (the "die"), is enclosed inside the round, metallic case (the "package"). ...

“One port to do it all” – the new integrated USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port makes it into the first laptop
... more news on AAPL Company , Mac , and Intel continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "“One port to do it all” – the new integrated ...

Is TXN Buying Maxim Integrated?
... sector? Citing “people with knowledge of the matter,” Bloomberg is reporting that Texas Instruments (TXN) is in talks to buy Maxim Integrated ...

Texas Instruments Said in Talks to Acquire Maxim Integrated
Texas Instruments Inc., the biggest maker of analog chips, is in talks to acquire Maxim Integrated Products Inc., people with knowledge of the ...

MasterCard and Cardlytics Partner to Deliver an Integrated Card-Linked Loyalty Program for Banks of All ...
MasterCard and Cardlytics today announced an agreement to deliver targeted card-linked services to US banks of all sizes. The new partnership ...

Solar News — Future Of Solar PV, Integrated Grid Is Better, New Clean Economy…
... Capture Hawaii’s Public Utilities Commission recently approved two new tariffs to cover future [&hellip Solar News — Future Of Solar PV, Integrated ...

Integrated data center expected to be the next frontier for intelligent buildings market, says Navigant ...
By coordinating investment in energy conservation measures, equipment upgrades, and the use of software and services, integrated data center ...

Google Picks VMware Founder to Head Integrated Enterprise Cloud Business
The company also acquires enterprise app developer Bebop as part of effort to bolster its business cloud offerings.

Why 'Integrated Reporting' Attracts Investors
Integrated Reporting adds value to a company by highlighting how green and ethical values drive long-term growth. Today, more and more investors ...

Hoodie With An Integrated Pouch For Your Cat
The Mewgaroo Hoodie (~$50) is a hoodie with a giant pouch on the front for a kitty to curl up in . Also works for small dogs. The pouch has a ...