Manage users and roles for users

Hi.

I want to know how can i manage my users and users roles on my hosted website.

I want that admin controls (when i log in as admin) allow me to change users roles and other stuff.

Any1 have any guide or know any website that teach how to create a "admin.aspx" page to manage users and roles?

thx

0
macal_vm

Do you have the schema ready ? If yes, are you willing to change the schema ? Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 ? If yes, you can easily do this using the administration tool in ASP.NET 2.0.

                                                  If no, then you have to start from scratch.                                                    If no, you have to follow the traditional model of building a website. Just write your code to implement the required functionality.

 Cheers,

pp

0
wildcats
chon
12/27/2006 9:56:34 PM

i dont have anything ready yet

ty for help

i will read the article.

0
macal_vm
12/28/2006 12:15:23 PM

oh

and yes,im using asp.net 2.0. im using vwd with c# to develop my website

0
macal_vm

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

Creating User Account Without Default Security Role (Registered User Role)
  My DNN version is 3.1.1. The portal is set to Private Registration. Unauthenicated users have access to the basic pages of the site. We require my company's current customers to register and be approved to have access to all other pages that contain information restricted to them (the major part of the site). As you know, authorizing a user account applys the Registered User security role by default and this is how I control access to the customer areas.  We want to create a page that will be used by Marketing to allow potential customers by login to...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

Security Roles and User management
I have a question concerning Sercurity roles in 2.0 beta 3. I noticed that I am unable to delete the registered security role from user profiles where as I was able to do this in 1.x will this be the same in the final release? I ask because I would really like to set up 3 security roles just like I currently have in 1.x: Public - no rights other then read ony Registered - allowed to make content changes but not move modules or add users and such Admin - full control Will this be possibe in 2.0? This is kind of a criticle issue for us as we are going to be using DotNetNuke f...

Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users)
Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users) or Can we limit the features by default exposed to admin?  e.g. (File manager)  ...

DLU, "user management", user login and user source
I see I can disable the ZCM user login as discussed in the following documentation: 'Novell Documentation' (http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/data/bebfrq5.html) If I choose to disable the "user management" on the Agent, does that do the same thing? With User Management disabled, what else does that prevent? I am not assigning ANY bundles or policies to users - only to workstations. I do have a dynamic local user (dlu) policy assigned to workstations so I must have "User Source&quo...

Managing users
Hi! Can someone tell me, I don´t get this with authorized and unauthorized users. When I´m registering users manualy, I mark the checkbox for them as authorized users, but when I click on the linkbutton "Unauthorized" in the users list, all of the authorized users show up as if they were unauthorized, but the userlist gives the value "True" under the Authorized column. Have i missed something? Hi Pehu, No, you haven't missed anything. With the current design of the code this will happen until the user logs in for the first time as a ne...

User Management not dispalying users
When attempting to do an advanced search for users under User Management in the iFolder Management web interface, I am unable to find any users to configure. The context has been set in the Global Settings. The server is running NW 6.5 SP5. LDAP looks like it is configured correctly and I have it setup to use ports 389 and 636 (went with defaults during the install). Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search working? Chris Chris, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has ...

allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc
Hi Hi All Im looking for a solution which will allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc, so that the registered primary user becomes an administrator for the other users they create.   In short, I am not good enough to create this my self, so if anyone knows of an off the shelf solution that  exists, or what this type of thing is know as so I can find it via a web search, I’d be most grateful as I’m not having much luck so far   Thanks   odxsigma   Hello yes , there is somethi...

Security
Hi, I have set up the membership and roles provider with Active directory and SQL server respectively, and everything was fine. However I am having this problem in the ASP.NET web Adminstration Tool when I go to Manage Users, and try to edit and save a users Email/Description, it returns an error saying: Please correct the errors below. Type 'System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier' in assembly 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' is not marked as serializable. Yet, I do not have any problem with updating the roles database. A search on ...

Active Directory & SQL list of users with managers and managers with users
I have been tasked with some authentication/access items and know there is an easy way to do this within AD but don't know where to start.  What I have set up is a OU called Test Users within an OU called Sales within our main domain.  Within the OU=Test Users there are several security groups having as many as 100 or as little as one person in them.  The goup names are Manager, Regional Mgr, Sales Reps.  A Sales Rep can have a Regional Mgr and a Regional Mgr has a Manager.  There are some cases where a Sales Rep does not have a Regional Mgr and then is associate...

Managing security
Hi all I've been helped out a lot with regards to roles/ membership etc. but have a couple of queries. I have a group of people who have the role of PracticeManager. These people log in and are then forwarded to a folder/pages whereby they can submit documents relating to schemes they are involved in. Each user on logging in must only see content which is specific to them. e.g. Documents that they have uploaded and database content that they have created. Each user will upload similar documents and create similar rows in a database but cannot be allowed to view other peoples submissi...

manage default user profile for all users
We're are halfway through a rollout of all new machines (W2K SP3). I just discovered that you can change the default user profile to a custom one by copying over the default user profile in W2k. This could save me tons of time, as it takes care of all the nitpicky stuff (IE6, Office 2k, media player, etc) that one has to setup for each user. Unfortunately, we've already ghosted our machines with the standard default user profile (and I'm not planning on going back and reloading a custom profile on each machine). My question is this. Is it possible using z...

Problem : Get a list of user belonged to a role or to know if a user already has a role
What code can I write to know if a user belonged to a Role already ? and How can I get a list of a  user already in an existing role ? Please have a look at my code below : Protected Sub AddUsers_OnClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAddUsersToRole.Click' I wanna add some code here to check if a user already belonged to a Role' Please insert your code here. Thanks a lot. ' A role must be selected If RolesListBox.SelectedItem Is Nothing Then Msg.Text = "Please select a role." Exit Sub End If ...

Web resources about - Manage users and roles for users - asp.net.security

Manage Well
indie thoughts on strategy, management, leadership and execution of software development...

Manage, Belgium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 50°30′N 04°14′E  /  50.500°N 4.233°E  / 50.500; 4.233 Coordinates : 50°30′N 04°14′E  /  50.500°N 4.233°E  / 50.500; 4.233 Manage is a ...

GroSocial Adds Social CMS, Allowing Users To Manage And Monitor Facebook, Twitter Streams
... GroSocial beefed up the capabilities of its GroSocial Platform with Wednesday’s launch of Social CMS, which adds the ability for users to manage ...

Manage multiple store Facebook Pages using Locations - Facebook for Business
... any of your stores to be found with your main Facebook Page or within a Facebook search. With Facebook Locations, you can connect and manage ...

A new way for people to manage app activity
... actions . From the plugin on sites such as Airbnb , people can set the default Facebook audience for activity shared from your app, or manage ...

Parature For Facebook Manages Customer Support For Your Brand’s Page
Facebook Pages have become the new connection between brands and their customers. Instead of going to a company’s website, users experience and ...

A new dashboard to help you monitor and manage your Twitter account
Today, we’re continuing to roll out to all users the Twitter data dashboard — a new tool to help you monitor and manage your account. From the ...

How True Leaders Manage Their Emotions
The other day, a friend of mine shared her story with me about the time she started her first management when she was promoted to manage the ...

How do Bill Gates, Larry Page, Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey manage their email? - Quora
I am curious how many hundreds or thousands of emails they receive daily and how do they manage them? Do they have an assistant that filters ...

BusinessGear -Presentation to your clients & Manage your Appointments for iPad on the iTunes App Store ...
Get BusinessGear -Presentation to your clients & Manage your Appointments on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...