Making good logout

Hi,

I am trying to do a logout button for my web application but I still got problems with the back button of the browser.
Actually my application contains 3 frames and the logout is obviously located on one of them. I managed to close frames and to come back to the Login page but I can go back and see visited pages with the back button of the browser. When I logout I clear the session but with the back button, there is no page_load !
Note: On each page I check if the Session["name"] = true ...IF THE PAGE IS LOADED
I can't find a solution.
Please help
Thanks in advance.
ad
0
djbreizh

Try adding <%@ OutputCache location="none" %> directive on top of your secured pages.
Sunny NAGI
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

longhorn2005
7/25/2003 10:13:46 AM
Ca you post the code of your logout page and any of the secured pages so that I can see exactly what are you doing wrong ???

Cheers!
Sunny NAGI
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

longhorn2005
7/25/2003 10:17:16 AM
What I made is working now but not exactly. When the user hit the back button, the page appears quickly then it comes back to the Login page. What happens ? What functions are called?

0
djbreizh
7/25/2003 1:29:36 PM
OK it works with your line of code.

Nice
Thank you very much !!
Cheers
0
djbreizh
7/25/2003 1:39:49 PM
clear the history when the user clicks the logout button.

u won't get the problem of browser back button.
0
yourspraba
7/28/2003 12:56:08 PM
check out this thread

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=288624
which was also placed by djbreizh
asking the same question. This is another method i found that works well. I have tried the method placed in this thread, but it has not worked correctly for me any way i have tried.

Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache)
Response.Cache.SetExpires(DateTime.UtcNow)
Response.Cache.SetNoStore()
Response.Cache.SetRevalidation(HttpCacheRevalidation.AllCaches)

seems to work great with no manipulation needed, just drop and go...
Brad McNamara
CommDown Web Creations
0
commdown

good....good....very good
Name: unh4rd Email: un_h4rdatyahoodotcodotid Product: Other (please state) Summary: good....good....very good Comments: this software have supporting me to browse all site in internet Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

good, good, good . . .
Name: Rizky Email: Urbanych91atyahoodotcodotid Product: Minefield Summary: good, good, good . . . Comments: good, good, good . . . Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a6pre) Gecko/20070628 Minefield/3.0a6pre From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minefield/ ...

Looking for good .NET Code Access Security links
I have been reading several of the Microsoft Code Access Security documents. I was look for good links addition sites (user sites, blog site, etc.) where developers are actively implementing Code Access Security (CAS). Thanks for any feedback. Mark Wagner Simple Thoughts from a Simple Mind Blog: http://blogs.crsw.com/mark...

Can someone point me to some good Java tutorials please. I want to make use of Events in .net
Hi can someone point me to some good java tutorials please. I want to be able to make the most of the events that are included in asp.net eg. OnClick OnBlur OnMouseOver etc So I can add more functionality to my pages by using eg : btn_Submit.Attributes.Add("code") ThanksMCAD.Net vb.net www.javascriptsource.comJason N. GaylordASPInsider and Microsoft MVPhttp://jasongaylord.com...

(IN)SECURE Magazine from Net-Security (PDF download)
A little more light reading :-) Latest issue, #13: http://www.net-security.org/insecuremag.php (86 pages, with ads [not animated ads] - like a printed magazine) Archives of past issues: http://www.net-security.org/insecure-archive.php ISSUE 13 (September 2007) * Interview with Janne Uusilehto, Head of Nokia Product Security * Social engineering social networking services: a LinkedIn example * The case for automated log management in meeting HIPAA compliance * Risk decision making: whose call is it? * Interview with Zulfikar Ramzan, Senior Principal Re...

thank you for creating such a good product, but add ons are not compatible like ai roboform 6.9.93, avg safe search 8.5, avg security toolbar 2.0.20080529, crawler toolbar 1.3, microsoft .net framwork
Name: ritesh shah Email: rsdotrealtorsatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: thank you for creating such a good product, but add ons are not compatible like ai roboform 6.9.93, avg safe search 8.5, avg security toolbar 2.0.20080529, crawler toolbar 1.3, microsoft .net framwork asst 1, google web accelerator 1.0.93.116 Comments: thank you for creating such a good product, but add ons are not compatible like ai roboform 6.9.93, avg safe search 8.5, avg security toolbar 2.0.20080529, crawler toolbar 1.3, microsoft .net framwork asst 1, google web accelerator 1.0.93.116 Browser...

make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP
Hi Graham, hi Chris, hi list, I would like to rework Net::LDAP::LDIF a bit so that its API resembles that of Net::LDAP a bit more while still keeping the traditional API. The reason for this is that in application I often need to distinguish between Net::LDAP and Net::LDAP::LDIF because some methods are only implemented on one side. I\'d like to start with a code() method that tries to mimic the Net::LDAP one and I\'d like to extend the Net::LDAP::Entry->update() method so that it takes a Net::LDAP::LDIF object as an argument. The latter one requires a...

How to make a .NET assembly to control a service which built by .NET?
i need to build a service to be a quota service by .NET but i need to build a .NET assembly to manage the service by web so, how to build a assembly to control it?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com You need to build a class that uses a ServiceController. You can attach the servicecontroller to the service, and use it to stop, start, pause etc. it. I have a blog. Perhaps you'd like to rea...

To good security
I've made a login page and it works just fine. When somebody wants to go to my page he / she has to log in first. Perfect!! Only there's one problem. When that person wants to register he / she has to log in first and that is not possible because he / she has to register first...... So that's my problem. I've read some things about using different folders with different web.config's. is this the solution and when yes how does this work?? Hi, You can exclude a particular file/folder from the "Force Login" setting in Web.Config file. :) FYI: http://www.dotnetbips.com/disp...

[Fwd: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP]
--------------95D5815B06BDC2BD1A0ABFEB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit --------------95D5815B06BDC2BD1A0ABFEB Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000 Message-ID: <40C7B13E.8864E5A0@cs.adelaide.edu.au> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:54:22 +1000 From: Sion Camilleri <sion@cs.adelaide.edu.au> Reply-To: sion@cs.adelaide.edu.au X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>...

Making should be make
Name: Scott Melton Email: scott_rides_againatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Making should be make Comments: The opening page for Bugzilla is poorly worded. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/start/ The second line: If you want to help making this application even better, we would encourage you to take part in the should be MAKE, not MAKING Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070222 SeaMonkey/1.1.1 ...

How To Make It Secure?
Can anyone give recommendations on documentation that lays out how to secure an ASA linux based DB? Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks Martin Martin wrote: > Can anyone give recommendations on documentation that lays > out how to secure an ASA linux based DB? > Can you define what you mean by "secure an ASA DB" ? What environment is your DB going to be running in (intranet, internet)? What firewalls (if any) are involved? What clients are trying to access the db? Are you concerned about remote and/or local access (i.e. users logged into the Linux...

Security in .net
Dear friends i have created applications projects and also  give the permission to download through web.but every month client have to  get new registration number then only that applications will work.other wise it will get expires .give the idea how to do that .. Hi, inbaathere are a lot of ways to implement such an application. You have 2 main choices to make - to use the direct URL to your file (for example http://yoursite.com/downloads/somefile.zip) or to use common download page ( for example http://yoursite.com/download.aspx?fileId=23423154243 ).1) If you choose the first ...

Good Good
Name: milad Email: red_bat2002atyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 8 Summary: Good Good Comments: I love Mozilla Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a8) Gecko/2007091216 GranParadiso/3.0a8 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/granparadiso/ ...

Web resources about - Making good logout - asp.net.security

Powerball jackpot climbs to estimated $675M
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A lottery official says the estimated prize for this weekend's Powerball drawing is the largest jackpot of any lottery ...

Obama's Executive Actions on Guns: Vague, Legally Confusing, Useless for Curbing Gun Violence, but Possibly ...
The actual specific policies Obama vowed to push via executive action in his big gun speech yesterday are rather narrow and ineffectual. As Doug ...

Oculus VR Reveals Retail Price of Its Virtual Reality Headset: $599
Oculus VR on Wednesday revealed the price of its Oculus Rift virtual reality headset as well as its launch date. The price of the VR hardware ...

EU chiefs backtrack on citizens' petitions after alarm at anti-gay marriage proposal
Jean-Claude Juncker calls for review of initiative to let voters suggest new EU laws after campaigners lobby for marriage to be defined as strictly ...

Jeb Bush Is Fine With the Media Covering His Drug-Addicted Daughter When It Helps His Campaign
Jeb Bush—a man whose campaign has, one imagines, not followed the trajectory he hoped it might—has a new talking point: his daughter, Noelle, ...

Watch Netflix’s new trailers for ‘The Get Down’ and ‘The Crown’
If you thought Netflix had a busy year in 2015, just wait until you see what the streaming company has in store for 2016. Over the next 12 months, ...

Kim Kardashian is Nervous About Kylie Jenner Walking in Kanye West's Fashion Show in New 'KUWTK'
Kanye West keeps his head covered in the rain on Wednesday (January 6) in Beverly Hills, Calif. The 38-year-old “Facts” rapper was joined by ...

Congress sends health care repeal to Obama, setting up certain veto
CNN Congress sends health care repeal to Obama, setting up certain veto Miami Herald Congressional Republicans made good Wednesday on a central ...

Griffey elected to Hall with highest percentage, Piazza in
NEW YORK (AP) — Ken Griffey Jr. was considered Mr. Clean during 22 years in the major leagues, untainted by accusations of drug use as he climbed ...

GM unveils Bolt electric car in Vegas
General Motors unveiled the production version of its Chevrolet Bolt electric car, on which the US auto giant is pinning its hopes for the emerging ...