Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

Dear All,

I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string:

<appSettings>
<
add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/>
</appSettings>

The North wind Database has the following user accounts:

1) ABC\ASPNET
2)ABC\IUSR_ABC

both of these accounts have permissions granted to them.

My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anonymous Acces and Integrated Windows Authentication checked.

I dont know but still its saying Login failed for user '(null)'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam Solomon.

0
Sam

Please don't post the same question again. It has already been answered by me here ....

http://forums.asp.net/1090096/ShowPost.aspx

ASP.Net Tips & Tricks - Jawad's Blog
0
JawadKhan

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
This code is giving me this error using System; using System.Configuration; using System.Data; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Text;     namespace WebApplication1 { /// <summary> /// Summary description for WebForm1. /// </summary> public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page { private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { SqlConnection con; string sql; SqlDataAdapter adExisting; //con = new SqlConnection("Data Source=slon12d11012";User ID=nnichol1;); //con = new SqlConnection("Initial Catalog=DACari;Data Source=slon12d1101...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Can anyone tell me why I get this error message and how to fix it? Thanks, Scott I would guess that it is because your SQL server is set up for windows authentication rather than mixed mode, and that your ASPNET account doesn't have a corresponding SQL server account. Jeff MartinMCSD C# .NEThttp://www.jeffmartin.com I found this method of changing modes on another site, and it helped me a lot. You can change the authentication to "SQL Server and Windows" by changing this registry setting: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer LoginMode = ...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
 Hmmm.... I have been developing a site on my local machine and it all works there. When I push it to the web-server it does not. I have used connection strings in my web.config file that look like this (the names have been changed to protect the innocent.. or me...) <add name="TDemoSiteConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.8.37;Initial Catalog=TDemoSite;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=TDemo;Password=fred" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> When I call a table adapter I get the error 'login failed for user null'. W...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Came in this morning and im getting the following error in our Provisioning tool. This was working as of yesterday and no changes were made to the web.config file. Ive failed over the cluster on the sql servers and also restarted the provisioning engine. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. The SQL server is setup for mixed mode authentication and ive opened my web.config file with visual studio and can make a connection with the same sql user and pass thats in my web.config to the proper databases.  The provisioning se...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
hi all. This is my first web form,and I am trying to conenct to a table in Ms SQL Server. when I run my program I got the followin error message: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. I am using windows 2000 authentication. How can I fix it ? Thanks jsn hello, u need to privde a username and password for the SQL server that you are using !!!Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP 1. Open IIS, right-click on the virtual directory for your site and click on Properties. 2. Click the Dire...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hello, I have installed DotNetNuke on my computer and did everything they said in the Configuration. But when I want to start http://localhost/DotNetNuke I receive an error: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. What is this. There is a Datavbase called DotNetNuke in SQL-Server gr. miles You have to have a user assigned to the database and use those credentials in you connection string (web.config)...~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us This is a sql/msde authentication issue. Your web.config is using windows authent...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
After sucessful installation of portal Starter kit, Portal Database was created and portaluser was the new login created. but when i tried to access the portalVBSDK on my PC this error is displayed. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Rea...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #2
I realize people have had this problem before. Probably on this very board. But I am up against a wall and none of the solutions I have found online work at all. I have a asp.net 1.x application that sits on an IIS server and talks to an SQL 2000 database on a separate server. It was working fine until about a week ago when all of the sudden I started recieving the following error: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" In IIS manager the application is set up in a virtual directory, denies anonymous users, and uses only Integrat...

Erro : Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi, I am built-in web server feature of VS 2005 to run my web application as I dont IIS is intstalled on my desktop computer. from this page , application is connecting to SQL server 2000 installed on Windows 2003 Server  on a remote machine. Here is connectionStr = "Data Source=myservername; Integrated Security=True; Trusted_Connection=yes;Initial Catalog=myDB" Application is generating foloowing error message when try to open the connection SQLServer.Open() method. "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" Any help in thi...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #2
Basic setup IIS 6 with ASP.Net 2.0, Integrated Windows Authentication turned on (anonymous turned off) SQL Server 2000 with Windows Only Authentication on (SQL Server authentication turned off) web.config file contains the following relevant entries:<identity impersonate="true" /><authentication mode=Windows" /> connection string:Data Source=[server name]; Integrated Security=SSPI; Initial Catalog=[database name]; When I run my query on my development server, it runs perfectly. When I run it on the production server (which is just an exact xcopy of the development web site...

Web resources about - Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection - asp.net.security