LDAP connection (Active Directory)

Is there a way to use Active Directory and the ASP.net website administration tool together? I would like to use the domain user, but put them into roles created in the administration tool.

0
wulle

If you use the default role provider, you simply add the roles to the user, where you include the domain name.

Make sure the username has the following format:

<domain>\<username>

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
4/2/2005 12:14:12 PM
Is it possible to use the login component provided within VWD to query Active Directory? Or do I have to make this myself?
0
wulle
4/4/2005 9:20:32 AM
You can use the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider.
/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik

Understanding the Security Implication of Active Directory Default Settings Part II of An Audit of Active Directory Security
http://www.securityfocus.com/focus/microsoft/aads2.html -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" ...

An Audit of Active Directory Security, Part Three: Understanding LDAP, SASL, and Kerberos in the Context of AD security.
http://www.securityfocus.com/focus/microsoft/2k/adaudit3.html -- Regard: Joh@nnes� "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" ...

Connecting to Active Directory (LDAP & ADSI)
Hello everyone, I have a problem to access some properties (but it works for some of them) of the containers of the Active Directory. That is because I can't use the IADs methods because my VisualSudio.NET PRO doesn't recognize that type of data (type 'IADs' not defined). Anyone has an idea ? Here is the code : ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim obj 'As IADs //// This is the undefined type... obj = dso.OpenDSObject("LDAP://EUCLIDE/CN=LECOMTE Christophe,CN=Users,DC=myFIRM,DC=com", "lecomte_c", "...

Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users
------_=_NextPart_001_01C386CB.502F3B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been trying to write a simple perl script that will query the = active directory via LDAP and give me a list of email addresses for disabled = users (eg, addresses we don't want to accept email for anymore). I found a = website or two that suggested I use the following as my filter: (&(objectCategory=3Dperson)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=3D= 2)) I was beginning to think these websites were wrong as whene...

Bugzilla LDAP (MS Active Directory )connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C6C559.781C7550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have just upgraded Bugzilla from 3.18.5 to 2.22, I am trying to establish LDAP authentication using active directory with no success, I keep getting an error when trying to log on "The username or password you entered is not valid" although they are correct My LDAP setup is as follows: Top of Form LDAPserver srv.mycomp.ent LDAPbinddn CN=LDAP1,CN=Users,DC=mycomp,DC=ent:123456 ...

4 issues with Net::LDAP and Active Directory
------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A47.D441C220 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 4 issues which I do not understand and I have searched the Net::LDAP documentation up and down and cannot figure it out. =20 1. pwdLastSet is only available for the DN of the user who is logged in. (That seems a little odd, why is that?) and yes I logged in as another user using LDAP and it was available for them and not me. =20 2. pwdLastSet is some Active Directory timestamp (Why oh why cant Microsoft just use utc like ev...

LDAP connections on the GC port are not supported against Active Directory
We're trying to implement this solution: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998360.aspx   However after we follow the steps, we get the following error: LDAP connections on the GC port are not supported against Active Directory What does this mean? Thanks   Doug Hi,It most likely means that your GC (Global Catalog) is not on the save domain controller server as your Active Directory - OR - that your connection string information is not working.  If you a network setup that is customized, (like using a different port) or exchange, this will affect the way you ...

RE: Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users
Version of Perl:=20 5.8.0 (as supplied with RedHat9) Version of Net::LDAP: [jsteenha@jake utilities]$ perl -mNet::LDAP -e 'print = "$Net::LDAP::VERSION\n"' 0.29 Relevant part of Perl code: #!/usr/bin/perl use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Filter; $filter =3D = '(&(objectCategory=3Dperson)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=3D= 2))'; #$filter =3D '(objectCategory=3Dperson)'; $f =3D new Net::LDAP::Filter; $f->parse($filter); $f->print(); #exit; my $ldap =3D Net::LDAP->new('acutex-dc01'); my $mesg =3D $...

Net::LDAP, Active Directory and Disabled Users #2
I've been trying to write a simple perl script that will query the active directory via LDAP and give me a list of email addresses for disabled users (eg, addresses we don't want to accept email for anymore). I found a website or two that suggested I use the following as my filter: (&(objectCategory=person)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)) I was begining to think these websites were wrong as whenever I tried this filter, I'd go no results. With other filters, I'd get the results I'd expect to get. I then tried that filter in a couple other appli...

Unable to establish secure connection with the server
I am trying to use ActivedirectoryMembershipProvider in membership usingAsp.net 2.0, VS2005. I am getting the error "Unable to establish secureconnection with the server" . The server is a standalone server Windowsserver 2003. The server name is CDCROTTY The connection string is<add name="ADConnectionString"connectionString="LDAP://192.168.221.246/CN=Users,DC=CDCROTTY" />I also used the connection string<add name="ADConnectionString"connectionString="LDAP://CDCROTTY/CN=Users,DC=CDCROTTY" />I am wondering if I can even use AD on a ...

Unable to establish secure connection with the server
Hello there,  I am trying to use ActivedirectoryMembershipProvider in membership usingAsp.net 2.0, VS2005. I am getting the error "Unable to establish secureconnection with the server" . The server is a standalone server Windowsserver 2003. The server name is CDCROTTY The connection string is<add name="ADConnectionString"connectionString="LDAP://192.168.221.246/CN=Users,DC=CDCROTTY" />I also used the connection string<add name="ADConnectionString"connectionString="LDAP://CDCROTTY/CN=Users,DC=CDCROTTY" />I am wondering if I can even use AD on a standalone server. and if I canwhat ...

Net::LDAP -> Active Directory password change attribute failure
Okay, even using the code chunk from "the FAQ"(tm), trying to have a user change their own password results in the error message: 0000052D: AtrErr: DSID-03190F00, #1: 0: 0000052D: DSID-03190F00, problem 1005 (CONSTRAINT_ATT_TYPE), data 0, Att 9005a (unicodePwd) from the $ldap->modify( changes=>{delect,add} ) operation. Have tried numerous methods of encoding the password unicode (which all end up the same result) as well as base64 encoding. Strangely, if I use a "replace" operation instead of changes=>{delect,add}, it is accepted (tho i g...

RE: Net::LDAP -> Active Directory password change attribute failure
------_=_NextPart_001_01C621ED.C1F635D4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We use a modify/replace on the dn to change the password. However, this = operation will only succed over LDAPS and not over LDAP. Here's a sub = that we use in our account maint 'system' to change AD passwords: =20 sub _setADPasswordForUser { my ($dn, $pass) =3D @_; my $name =3D "_setADPasswordForUser"; my ( $package, $filename, $line ) =3D caller;=20 debug("$name: entering with args @_"); ...

iFolder and Active Directory LDAPS (LDAP over SSL)
I am looking for some insight in getting my iFolder server communicating with an Active directory server over SSL for user Authentication. I am using iFolder 2.1.3 and Windows 2003SP1 on the servers for both iFolder server OS and Active Directory OS. I have installed the root cert for the domain on the iFolder server. When I use the iFolder installer I can extend the schema of the directory structure over 636 using SSL without any problems, it connects and looks good. When iFolder starts the logfile has the following entries Starting iFolder server, version 2.1.3 [04/06/01] Conf...

Web resources about - LDAP connection (Active Directory) - asp.net.security

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

'How To Get Away With Murder' Season 2 Spoilers: Annalise, Wes, Eve's Connection Teased
... Away With Murder" season 2 will reveal more information about Annalise Keating (Viola Davis), Eve (Famke Janssen) and Wes' (Alfred Enoch) connection. ...