How to check windows group membership of a user other than the current user?

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a way to check Windows group/role membership for a user other than the current one.  The WindowsPrincipal.IsInRole method seems to only check for the current user.

Any suggestions appreciated.
0
Lyndar

Alternatively, if I can take a windows logon name and get a full list of what SQL permissions they have been granted, that would work too.

I have a situation where only Windows groups have logon entries in SQL - it works fine as far as connecting and using SQL goes, but I seem unable to get what permissions JoeBob has in SQL (not logged in as JoeBob, this is for an administration tool).
SP_HELPROTECT returns nothing. I am able to get a SID for the user name, but I don't know how to get permissions based on it, if its even possible.
Thanks in advance.
0
Lyndar

Checking user group membership against a group?
Novell Identity Manager 3.5.1 Novell Identity Manager Provisioning Module 3.5.1 onLoad event of the from, I want to check user (recipient) group membership against a group in the Identity vault?, so that I can perform some actions on the form feilds. Any help guys? M. -- love anything that talks binary! ------------------------------------------------------------------------ belaie, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? ...

Use Group Security in order to prevent Users seeing Users from another Groups?
Hi all, maybe this matter was asked before, but I did not see it... *sorry* in that case! We have to prevent users being members in a group A (editing bugs in a product A) seeing other users which are memebers in a group B for another product B. Is something like this possible to model with Bugzilla's group security (we are using Bugzilla version 3.4.5)? Or any other Bugzilla build-in mechanism? Any hints are welcome! -Thanks in advance, Frank -- View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Use-Group-Security-in-order-to-prevent-Users-seeing-Users-from-anot...

Authenticating users against Windows NT User GROUPS
Hello all,In my web app I want to authenticate users using the Windows NT user Groups they blong to. The app will be used internally. Users will all belong to the same domainUsers are separated by groupsIn more details I want to know if the user is administrator, users, customer service (a windows group i create) and so on.I tried using Request.LogonUserIdentity.Groups but did not result in what I want.So far I can do it at the individual level using Request.LogonUserIdentity.Name.ToString();but this only works if i have a limited number of users, not a huge number.Please advisethanks in adv...

How to check if current user is admin or power user?
Hello, how can I check if the current user is either an administrator or a power user? -- Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards Heiko Adams Fachinformatiker Anwendungsentwicklung Tel.: +49 (95 65) 94 22 - 42 Fax : +49 (95 65) 94 22 - 22 Mail: heiko.adams@regenspurger.de Web: http://www.regenspurger.de / www.kigapro.de If you go get a software package called SVCOM it has the API functions coded that allows you to get that information www.aldynsoftware.com/svcom.html "Heiko Adams" <heiko.adams@regenspurger.de> wrote in message news:144404@forums.c...

Checking what security group a user is in
Hi Guys I am building an intranet application for our local win2k3 server, I have created a security group under active directory called WebAdmin and added the appropriate users. I now need to set a session variable in the global.asax file for use later in the app. I think I am close but not close enough the following code doesn't seem to work If User.IsInRole("WebAdmin") Then Session("AdminRole") = "Approved" Else Session("AdminRole") = "NotApproved" End If My authentica...

how to get the user group name by HttpContext.Current.User?
Is it possible to get the domain user group name or role name on domain server by HttpContext.Current.User?For example, I want to identify if the user belongs to group myDomain/Administrators, I try to use User.IsInRole("myDomain/Administrators"), but I failed.One user maybe join multiple groups. How to get the all groups in code for current user?  Demo code for C# and VB please.   Try using this instead: VB: If Page.User.IsInRole("DOMAIN\GROUPNAME") C# If Page.User.IsInRole("DOMAIN\\GROUPNAME") Note, this will only work if you have ...

Open a new window when user leave current user
I want to open a window when user navigate away to other page or user close the page by clicking "X" or by pressing "Alt + F4". I found some people recomment onunload or onbeforeunload event. But I found both these two events will raise even when user refresh the current page.What I want is that open a new window only if user navigate away from current page or close browser directly but not open it when user refresh the current page.My another question is I want to open a window only when user leave my website. Just like a website. http://www.126.com. When you finally lea...

Check the Windows User Membership in Module
Hi, I want to check the Current User (Windows User) belongs to a Group Or Not. I can do this easily in ASPX Page like that If Page.User.IsInRole("Domain\Group") Then But how can I check the membership of current user inside a VB Module? Following command gives you the current user name in VB System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.Name but I need to check that this user belongs to a certain group or not? Thanks Shafiq ...

How to check if current user is of Windows Administrator status?
Hi, How does one check if the current user of the system is of Windows Administrator status? I've heard that it can be achieved through the HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.IsInRole method, though I'm not too certain of the actual syntax. Thanks. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306590 for an example of the syntax and usage pattern.RegardsDave...

How do I stop Windows Admin user group from automatically adding users with admin priveleges?
Currently, whenever a user that has admin priveleges on Windows visits our intranet, DNN automatically adds those users with admin priveleges also. The auto assignment flag is set to false but its disabled so that I can't change it either way. How do I stop this from automatically happening? Also, how do you change the SuperUser Account password?  I tried changing it throught the Host..>superuser menu but it never really changes.   Thanks, Joe.   Sorry, but I am not able to answer your first question Joe, but in reference to the second question - under the supe...

CURRENT USER and LAST USER
I have a databse that started life under ASA 5 and has been unloaded and reloaded in every version up to ASA 9.02. I have various fields with a default of CURRENT USER. These get filled with the name of the currently logged in user when a record is UPDATE-ed. However any new tables I add containing a field with default CURRENT USER does not get altered during and UPDATE. To do that I need to make it DEFAULT LAST USER. When did this happen? More importantly how come the old CURRENT USER fields carry on doing what they always did even though they look idential to a new CURRE...

Windows user same as Netware user
I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I don't remember what to do - two regular users on the same XP/Pro/C32_4.9/SP2 workstation. I want, after each has put in their Netware login and password, for the Windows login to happen without further user intervention - each of these two Netware users is also set up, same user name, same password, as an Admin user on the workstation. What do I do to make this happen? TIA. -S- Hi, Have you tried this registry setting? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Tab Settings\NT Credentials] "Sync NDS ...

User object (System.Security.Principal.IPrincipal) in my web service does not reflect currently logged on user.
I am using Forms authentication, 3.5 framework. I am calling a web method from a web form page; here is my problem: For some reason the User object (System.Security.Principal.IPrincipal) in my web service does not reflect currently logged on user. I know I am logged in correctly when I call the web service method (which I call using BeginX...X()). The weird thing is, I have other services whos methods DO reflect the currently logged in user (although these are called using AutoComplete extender, don't know why one works and the other does not).Please help  http://www.geneangelo...

Checking user's group membership with forms authentication
Hello all,I am writing a web site that uses forms authentication to check a user's credentials against our ldap server.  Since I am very inexperienced in asp.net, I used the tutorial found here for guidance.  I can now log in to the app, but find that I don't know how to check whether a user belongs to a group or not programmatically.  It seems it should be simple, but I cannot find it in the tutorial.Thanks in advance,WinterPhoenix check this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998358.aspx/GuruBhai...

Web resources about - How to check windows group membership of a user other than the current user? - asp.net.security

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints membership statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
Percentages of LDS members were calculated with this information. The link under the names of each country, territory, etc. corresponds to brief ...

Civility Caucus In Congress Turns To Facebook To Boost Membership
In the midst of a heated election season and record-low approval numbers for Congress, an under-the-radar congressional caucus focused on changing ...

Search Twitter - membership
... Bum @ prodigalbum 1m Nothing will consign Labour to oblivion faster than a backroom PLP coup to oust a leader chosen by the wider membership ...

Membership Has Its Privileges
Right now, crossing one of the magical rep borders happens more or less unnoticed. People just gain the particular powers. Now, of course they ...

Membership Cards - a set on Flickr
... home Sign Up Explore Recent Photos The Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder Flickr Blog Upload Sign In Membership ...

Membership Sites Blueprint Review - The TRUTH Exposed! - YouTube
Membership Sites Blueprint review - http://www.cashandprofit.com/msb My FREE $1000 a day training - http://www.cashandprofit.com Hey guys its ...

The benefits of private club membership in the UAE
Lifestyle membership clubs can offer cardholders exclusive leisure discounts across the Emirates. But there can be a big catch - you need to ...

Sheikh's previous ALP membership revealed
ACT Greens senate candidate Simon Sheikh has conceded he was previously a member of the Labor party before becoming a self-proclaimed independent ...

Joe Tripodi's ALP membership suspended
NSW ALP has suspended membership of Joe Tripodi amid a corruption inquiry.

ACT Labor's union membership rule in national conference sights
The ACT is the only jurisdiction to enforce a rule which means anyone in a job where there is a union must prove union membership when they join ...