How do I use the Login controls with a remote host that has only SQL 2005 and dosn't allow the default Express database?

Hi, I have figured out how to make the login controls work on my personal machine but I'm not allowed to upload the SQL express database that is created that holds the login / user info that's  created by the web site admin tool. So, I need to be able to do the same thing but with a database that I already have at my host. I'm able to log in to that database of course, but I use the Mangement studio to do so. How can I create the database at the host, but using the tool that comes with Visual Web Developer 2008? Should I use an XML file instead or something? I want this to be secure as I have a content management section that I need the author of a news like site to login to in order to gain access to data controls that allow him to change / delete / update and add news.

Thanks

Tim

0
DotNetTim

Here you have an article on how to add the needed tables on the remote database: Create Membership tables in another database than the standard aspnetdb.mdf. I know that Peter Kellner has a tool to remotely fill up the data.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Remote host won't allow Security features with MS Express SQL server, login controls, question. How do I get around this?
Hi, I found out my web host dosn't allow me to connect via http or ftp and use the web dev express security features as they say it would be a security risk. I need to use the log in controls. I didn't see anywhere using the built in web page that allows changes, etc, that I can say use an XML file with the log in controls. Is there a way to do this locally / upload and change some settings and make it work or am I going to have to do this manually like I did in the old days with ASP classic? Thanks TimTim If i understood correctly you have SQL Server Express on your local machi...

SQL Server Express 2005: Can't change the login password for my sql login
I recently changed the database for the Web Site Administration Tool that comes with ASP.Net 2.0.  When I clicked the security tab, I kept getting an error on the page saying: There is problem with your selected data store.  This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission.  It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled.  Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem:  Login failed for user '<myloginu...

To use login controls...need SQL Express in addition to SQL Server 2005?
I'm trying to start using the login controls for v 2.0, and get the following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

SQL Express

DNND4.0 on Sql server 2005:Throw sql server2005 doesn't allow Remote connection~~How to setup it ?
DNND4.0 on Sql server 2005:Throw sql server2005 doesn't allow Remote connection~~How to setup it ?...

Remote connections work, Local connections don't !!!! This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
This is really weird.  I am develping a web site on my local box pointing to a remote database.  It all works fine. Then, I migrate the site to that remote server (running IIS and SQL Server 2005), so that the site and the DB are now on the same server.. the SAME server on which the database resides to which I can connect from my local dev box.... and the connection does not work!!!!   This is the connection string I am using:<add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx.xxx.xx.xx;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User Id=xxxx;Password=xxxx...

can't login to sql 2005 express
when i installed visual web developer and sql management studio,i try to use sql management studio to connect to sql 2005 express,but a error ocurred.here is the  error message. TITLE: Connect to Server------------------------------ Cannot connect to DH\SQLEXPRESS. ------------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception. (System.Data) ------------------------------ The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory' threw an exception. (System.Data) -------------...

Can't start database using remote login
We have Problems starting the database using remote login (SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 Build #1867). We have an NT 4.0-Client (SP5) and an NT 4.0-Server (SP5). We start the database as followed - dbclient -n ILIAS_TEST -x TCPIP In our intern net we can start the database without problems. On the remote-pc I see the database in the explorer. But when I start the client I always get "Server not found". Are there any switches I can add or something else I can do to start the database? Give this a try: dbclient -x tcpip{HOST=server's ip address;DOBROADCAST=NO;M...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

Can't connect to SQL 2005 Express with SQL Server Management Studio Express
I've seen the following error posted when people try to connect to their server via their applications but didn't see anyone having problems when trying to connect with SQL Server Management Studio Express. Am I missing something here? This is the error:<<An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server, Erro...

Cannot open database requested in login 'sql'. Login fails. Login failed for user '\ASPNET'.
I am using the MSDE to connect to my ASP.NET application. I get this error after clicking the login button of my login page. Anyone know why this would happen? Thanks for any help, Cannot open database requested in login 'DataSQL'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'server\ASPNET'.Thank youJackxxx I thought i shold add that when this was on the development PC the database was named DataSQL. On the new PC it is DataSQL2, so I'm not sure why the error shows DataSQL. Thanks,Thank youJackxxx What are the contents of your connection string? Where is it stored? TerriTerri MortonE...

Can't use SQL 2005 Express DB online.....Help me pleasee
I've created a SQL DB directly in VWD, and I've created a simple page for adding records. When i run this page through VWD it works well, but when I put online the page and the Database, and I try to add record, the browser send me an error : It says that I can't insert record cause SQL 2005 is setted in default mode, and it doesn't accept remote connections... I've searched on microsoft blogs and I've just enabled TCP/IP connections, but it doesn't work yet... What should I do??? Help me pleaseeeee........

Using default login control to authenticate with Active Directory doesn't work
I'm trying to set up my web.config to enable Active Directory config. When I'm trying to login (Login.aspx with default login control) it tells me that the password or whatever is wrong. Can someone quickly go through my web.config and tell if there are any misconfiguration?In the Login.aspx, I configured the property MemershipProvider to "MyADMembershipProvider". Is there anything else that needed to configured in the when using the default login control?Do I need to add something to machine.config?My configuration:Server: W2003 Server (192.168.123.101) -> I'm only ...

Web resources about - How do I use the Login controls with a remote host that has only SQL 2005 and dosn't allow the default Express database? - asp.net.security