How do I manage roles by using interface? Using VB.NET

How do I manage roles by using interface?Using VB.NET

I want to do like what peter kellner did.

http://livedemos.peterkellner.net/DefaultWithProfile.aspx

0
jeffreyooi

I don't think it will be very difficult. Have a look at ASP.Net Roles class you will find methods related to Roles and I am sure it will solve your problem.

Hope it will help you out.

Thanks and best regards,

Faraz Shah Khan
MCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-Web
Blog
0
farazsk11

.NET Security Roles and Management, using multiple tiers / levels
We have one application that we will be re-writing soon. To say it simply, the security and premissions in it is very complex.Can the management and role classes in .NET 2.0 handle this sort of situation:-Multiple Items.-Multiple Departments-Multiple Staff in each department.Staff members can have the ability to view items in their own departmentStaff Members can have the ability to view items in other departmentsStaff members can have the ability to view items in no departments.Staff members can have the ability to view all items.STaff members are in departments.There can be X number of de...

use of vb.net and c#.net

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

How to use InterBase with VS.NET (vb.net)??
Hi all; Q1:How can I use "InterBase" as a RDMS with Visual Studio.NET (VB.NET) for developing a small application?? Q2:What should I use for a Data Provider? Q3:How ConnectionString will be build?? Thanks in advanced!Regards,CS4Ever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped. This will help me, you and others....

how can i write this line using vb.net : container.dataitem ?.... in vb.net its not working
Dim container As GridView = CType(newLinkButton.NamingContainer, GridView) Dim dataValue As Object = DataBinder.Eval(container.dataitem, _ColName)   _ColName its just a string a name of the field in my database   This is Vb.Net code man what you want? You can convert any format from this link http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer...

Re: Gadget using vb.net and c#.net
 Hi, I am new to Gadget Concept. i want to create new Gadget. it must show the name 'Gadget Application'. pls, guide me how to create Gadget using .net application with some sample. thanks for your help in advance. Regards,Suriyanarayana.N  Unfortunately creating a Gadget using the .NET framework is not so simple. I have found a few post that might help you understand the process:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/gadgets/gadgettips.aspx http://www.codeproject.com/KB/gadgets/GadgetInterop.aspx Gabriel Bogéa (http://www.gbogea.com)-----------------Please 'Mark...

Insert datetime, using ADO.net VB.net
Hello there,I got a little code there are inserting a record into my msSQL database..But i cant insert the datetime, for one reason?The problem is in line 7 () where i want to insert DateTime.Now 1 Protected Sub SendPmTilAfviste(ByVal modtager As String, ByVal festID As String) 2 ' Connection 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True") 4 conn.Open() 5 6 ' SQL-kommandoen 7 Dim cm...

How to Add Applications to ADAM using vb.net or C#.net
 Hi Pls thrown light  any one on How to Add Applications to ADAM using vb.net or C#.net RegardsMallikarjunaP.Mallikarjuna...

designing a chat room using anthem.net and vb.net
 hi i'm trying to learn how to use anthem.net to develop a chat room that stores information in an xml document but all the code i find is in c# and i use vb. can anyone help guide me through developing it using vb and give me any useful tips?thanks  Hi, Check out http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ASPNetChat.aspx   Thanks, FarooqMark as answer if this post helpfull to you.Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right. HI danielagaba For the chat application, please check: http://forums.asp.net/p/1327851/2660629.aspx#2660629 For th...

Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#
Hi,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean. If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.   Thanks in adv...

How benificial is it to use VS.NET? Can I do just as well with VB.NET?
How benificial is it to use VS.NET? Can I do just as well with VB.NET? I'm probably going to be moving from handcoding with HomeSite and ASP Classic to ASP.NET. From all I read VS.NET seems the tool of choice but expensive. Will VB.NET do just as well if all I plan to write is VB code? Any other good choices? Thanks As far as i know there is no Product" entitled vb.net. Visual Studio.Net 2002/2003 differs from it's non .net predesser (mental block, cant spell - sorry) in that all technologies (ie. VB, c# C++, J#) are developed from within the one application(IDE). There...

Web resources about - How do I manage roles by using interface? Using VB.NET - asp.net.security

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iOS 9 How-To: Use the updated multitasking interface on iPhone and iPad
Ever since Apple made the move to a more ‘flat’ design with iOS 7 , the multitasking interface has changed in either a minor or major way with ...

Google streamlining Hangouts on the web with interface tweaks, higher quality video
Google has announced some updates coming to Hangouts video calls on the web, including a tweaked interface, along with faster, crisper full-screen ...

This startup wants to bring a Minority Report-style interface to your living room
... ago. After all, the best input device would be no extra input device at all—who wouldn’t want a perfectly accurate Star Trek -style voice interface ...

In pictures: iOS 9 vs. Android 6.0 Marshmallow user interfaces
Apple and Google already have hundreds of millions users for their mobile operating systems. Hardcore fans of each mobile platform seem to be ...

Google Updates Search Interface For Tablets
It looks like Google updated the search interface for tablets and switched to the mobile UI. The previous tablet interface was an interesting ...

Digitimes Research: Pogo Pin to account for over 60% of power charging interfaces used in smart wearable ...
Pogo Pin will account for over 60% of power charging interfaces used in smart watches and smart bands in 2016, all types of USB together for ...

Google Camera Receiving Update for Android 6.0+ Devices, Includes New Interface
Google Camera , Mountain View’s in-house shooter software for Android devices, is receiving an update to build 3.1. Inside, the new UI that is ...

The interfaces that bridge the human-machine divide
First it was toggle switches. And then keyboards, the mouse and other standard interface devices gave us control of computers and the digital ...

What are brain-machine interfaces, and how do they work?
Brain-machine interfaces seem like pure science fiction, but they're already revolutionizing medicine and your smartphone might not be far behind. ...