Hi, I use login control. My database in an MS access mdb file. How to set the access db to be the provider of the login control?

Hi I'm pretty new to security, so it may be a qstn of a begginer but i hope you'll help.

I have an access db, and I use the login control. The login control uses the asp.net sql server as the provider right?

but I want it to use my custom access database as the provider/database

how can I do it?

Thanks for the help.

0
Tengo

The login control will use whichever provider is specified in the <Membership> section of your Web.config.  So in order to use your existing database, you'll probably want to create a custom membership provider.  There are lots of examples and tutorials out there for creating custom membership providers.  Here is a link to an example where the author creates one for an Access database:

http://www.devx.com/asp/Article/29256

0
d_helland
11/19/2007 4:25:24 PM

Ok. I'll try it . Thanks. :-)

0
Tengo

Login control using MS Access
Hello everyone, I'm new to ASP.Net (2.0) and building as website in VWD Express. I want to use te Login controll, which by default uses a MSSQL database with user information. I can't use MSSQL because my hosting provider only supports MS ACCESS and MYSQL. I can't figure out how I should use the login control so that it looks in my mdb to validate the user information. Can someone help?   Greetings,   CeyloR First I would ask if your host supports SQL Server express as then you can upload a small mdb file and still have the funtionality and not use access.Eric Ram...

Using Login controls and Access Database
Hi. I'm trying to create a secure area on my site and wish to use the login controls of ASP.net v2.0. I understand I need to place the login controls on my form and then run the ASP.NET configuration to setup the roles etc. However I can't get this to work with a Acces Database. I have an example which uses SQL Server but I can't get it to use Access. When I run the administrator website option to bring up the configuration, I click security option and it complains it can't connect to the SQL Server database. Then when I click to choose a datasource it only offers me AspNetSqlProvider. How c...

How to access the properties of the child controls used in Login control?
Hi all, I am using the Login control for authenticate the users to my website. Now as per the clients requirements the "Autocomplete Text" property of the textbox used for the username or userid should be disabled. But i dont know how to access the properties of the textbox used in login control. Can anyone please help me to fix these problem. I need an urgent alternate as soon as possible. Thanks in Advance Waiting for a favourable reply Sukhdeep Singh sukhdeep2006@gmail.com Right the login control then convert to template, you will have access to all controls in i...

deny anonymous access to default.aspx from login.aspx
how do i set my login to only allow a user to view default.aspx after login. right now you can physicly type whatever.com/default.aspx and get to the page. i am using a asp login control and a authenticate event and using a mysql database that was already implemented (not the aspnetmdf db) I've tried adding   <authorization><deny users="?" /> </authorization>    to the web.config and that works, however it wont allow me to login even if i have a valid username and password it just keeps redirecting to login.asp...

Login Control With Access Database
Hi, I went through the guided tour and successfully was able to make a login page via the SQL express and the Web Application Administration tool. Problem is..I need to use an Access Database because it is too expensive to host a test beta 2.0 site with SQL server and most test hosting companies do not use SQL express.. Can I do that and how? Do I do it the old fashion way and just make my username/password boxes TextBox's? I also used my old vb.net book from 2003 and used the following code in the web.config file just to test and vwd doesn't like the forms tag. It says it has inv...

Login control
Hi all, I have just used the asp.net 2.0 login control and i have found it very useful, BUT i realised when i uploaded to my webspace the login control dosnt work because i have not paid for a sql database on my webspace,  Is there a simple ish way to get the login control to work with an access database as i cannot justify the monthly payment for a sql database just yet. I am using VB and code behinds cheers Take a read of this http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/010307-1.aspx Will give you the steps to get you working with an access database. Good luckRegardsJeremy...

Login Problems using .net 2 Login Control
Hi There, I have a really strange problem. I am creating a website with an administration back end. We have a seperate sql 2000 server which we are using hold authentication credientials (after having used the aspnet_regsql.exe to setup the appropriate tables. When testing the application on the local machine, everything works fine. The web admin works, I can login, I can retrieve data to display on the rest of the site. Once uploaded to the live environment things change.I can still connect to the sql server i.e. I have information being displayed on the public area of the site which i...

Access Control based on database Login
Respected Sir My .net 2.0 webApplication is having different pages but i dont allow every user to view these pages. i want to create an account namely "Administrator" who will be able to see All pages (i.e Report Page, ChangePwd page, etc.) on the other hand i want that ordinary user can logged onto his account and can see only Report pages pls note I don't want to do the same without Role which is default .net2.0 RoleBased Administration. my database is having one login table logid    loginpwd    loginRolete01     test1&nb...

The Login Control and Access databases
I have created a page with a login link, which leads to the page with the login control.  Using the Site Admin Tool, I have created some users, and when testing the site locally, I can indeed log in, (and even successfully using the loginstatus object) can log out again. However, how do I go about implementing the forms authentication using a table from an Access database? TIA Mark I have an Access database on the hosting server with userid and password fields in the users table.  I've found a solution to this problem elsewhere on this forum, but it seems more of an over-compl...

Unable to access controls inside login view control :S
I am an amature in ASP.netI have created a login view control named LoginView1 and I added a button controls inside "Logged in template" named button1. I want to set its enable property to to false on page_load even but I am unable to access it? can u please tell me how can I access it? like when I type "button1." then a menu should appear showing 'Enable' property but it isnt appearing.If I put button1 control outside login view...then its accessable in page_load event and when I type "button1." then menu is appearing...plz helpNote: I am...

I put my login control in ascx file. how can i show login control in master page?
Hi, I put my login control in ascx file and I want it showed in the master page. And when a user click login button the master page isn't refreshed. How should I use updatepanel cotrol? Is it nessesary I add special  codes in web.config to use update panel control? Thanks in advance. Sepid   Yes , you need to configure your website to use ajax , see this link http://asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/configuringASPNETAJAX.AspxRegards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums...

Login page using MS Access Database
I want to create a login page which uses usernames and passwords in a ms access database. I have looked at the form based password section in the tutorials and have been trying to edit this so that the user name and password are retrieved from the database rather than a set user name and password. Does anyone know where i could find out how to do this... or if this is quite simple could someone show my similar code? Thanks Keep in mind that this example uses simple strings stored in the database for passwords!! NOT RECOMMENDED!! But, it should get you started. You'll need ...

Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MS ACCESS DB
I recently installed a Sybase ASE12.5 server. After that, I was able to set up an ODBC DSN. However, when I created a hot link from my ACCESS db, I was able to see the table list displayed. I then selected a table, and click on the 'OK' button, immediately I received the following error: Reserverd error (-7747): there is no message for this error. My machine is a WIN2000 machine. I have done the same thing for ASE11.9 and ASE12.0 and have never run into this problem. So, can someone ran into the same probelm and have solution? -- Peter Lo peter.lo@tra...

Login Control and Login Status control Problem
I m using Login control on Page A. I have put login status control on Page B. When i m pressing logout on Page B then Page Load event of Page A is also getting fired but i dont want system to do that. I don't know why this is happening. Any body can help please. Regards , Gaurav Hi Gaurav, Please check if you have set Page A as the default page to be redirected if a user try to access Page B without Authentication. I mean, try accessing pageB without login in, and see if you get redirected to PageA. What happens here is, when you logout from Page B, you are not autherised t...

Web resources about - Hi, I use login control. My database in an MS access mdb file. How to set the access db to be the provider of the login control? - asp.net.security

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...