Getting my application to run on the host...

I currently have to add an <identity impersonate.../> tag to my web.config in order to authorize my application to run on my server. Is there another way to do this, or, to encrypt the information in the <identity impersonate.../> tag? I currently have the admin userid and password hard coded in there! I obviously do not like that!
http://www.geneangelo.com
0
gangelo

Hello,

I am assuming that you are using impersonation because you are accessing resouces for your site using windows authentication (for e.g. you are accessing your SQL server using your windows identity). A way around that would be allow the IIS/ASP.NET account to have access to your database so that you can remove your impersonate tag and not worry about having your admin username and password there. Obiovusly, you want to restrict the machine ASP.NET account to the required level, i.e. read only, read/write etc..

Hope this helps,

Shiv

0
theshiv
2/16/2006 1:25:27 AM
Yes, you assume correct. I will give it a try. Thank you.
http://www.geneangelo.com
0
gangelo

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

Run Web Application Developed in VS.NET to Host server with Framework 1.1 Only
Hello...... I have recently developed web application using VS.NET 2002 and it's work fine in the local machine... I deploy it to host server but nothing work : 1- The Connection String. 2- Cannot Loadt Type() What steps must I do to make it work correctly? One of the errors : Server Error in '/EnCaps' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the follo...

getting problem in deploy the >net WebForm application on 3rd party host server
Hi every body, I have deployed successfully a pb 11.5 application to .Net WebForm. But i don't know how to deploy it in 3rd party Host server. Can u give me the dll list , help me my explaining me the step to do it . There's a chapter in the "Deploying Applications and Components to ..Net" called "Deploying and running a .NET Web Forms project" that contains instructions for that: http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.dc00586_1150/html/dplynet/CHEJJABD.htm On 18 Sep 2009 07:53:41 -0700, chinmaya wrote: >Hi every bod...

Run .NET 3.5 Web Application on 2.0 Shared Hosting Environment
I have created a .NET Framword 3.5 application and wish to host it with a shared hosting company. The problem I have is that the company does not support .NET Framework 3.5 on their hosting plans only Framework 2.0 IIS Windows hosting.Is there anyway that I can work around this? Any suggestions of how I can get the application to work on this hosting. No way out.You need to convert your code to framework 2.0.If you haven't used much of linq or silverlight that should not be a problem.  Sid heart Any dll's or anything I can include with the project? After using LINQ in it!...

How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications
Hi, i'm kinda new to the .NET 3.5 framework.. I just developed a very simple web app using Visual studio 2008 beta2, choosing ASP.NET Futures AJAX. I then added a Web Reference that i call from a Silverlight control.. So far so good: i test it, and it runs locally.. I also have a Windows Server 2008 DataCenter Release candidate version, on which i used to run an ASP.NET 3.0 Web Application, that worked just fine.. But I can't figure out how to run this .net 3.5 Web App on my server: i tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework on the server, but i still can only deploy 3.0 applications....

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

VB.Net
Hi guys, hoping that you may be able to help me on this one. Is there anyway I can run a Console Application, from a button click (or similar) within my windows application. I am using VB.Net in Visual Studio 2005. Any help would be great. ThanksPhil This is an ASP.NET forum. For better responses refer to the winforms forum at MSDN http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1What you can do is launch a process that targets the executable file for the console application.  Hey, thanks for getting back to me - I am going to try calling in a batch file to run the con...

How to get Application EXE folder when Application is runned as a service?
Hi when trying to get Application.exe folder it returns an empty string or windows\system32 folder name instead of the current exe path, al also troed using GetModuleName API (as when working with DLLs) function but this results the same thing. fFullFileName:= GetModuleName(HInstance); - it works fine for service and ISAPI. > {quote:title=Francisco Armando Dueñas Rodriguez wrote:}{quote} > Hi when trying to get Application.exe folder it returns an empty string or windows\system32 folder name instead of the current exe path, al also troed using > GetModuleName API (as when...

Run vb.net applications on computers without the net framework
So started a new vb.net project but then i realised, that if vb.net applications only work on computers with the net framework installed i am going to be very limited, there are so many users without it wich means loss of customers.So is it possible to build an vb.net applicaiton that can run on a computer without the netframework??Free Web Hosting - My asp.net website In order to run an Windows application created for the .NET Framework, the client will need to have the .NET Framework installed. The .NET Framework is part of Windows update, so there's a good chance that man...

Is it possible to run .net 3.5sp1 application under .net 2.0 framework?
I have an application with entity framework code, it menas it is developed in .net 3.5 sp1. And I have deployed it to .net 3.5 (NOT sp1) sucessully. What I did is copy dlls into bin folders. Now I need to delpoy it to a .Net 2.0 server. Is there any chance to make it working? I tried the same way, coped all dlls, but I keep getting the error like below.  Any idea? Thank you very much. Server Error in '/' Application. Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please...

cannot run any of .net application
Hi, I have VS2008 installed on windows vista. I recently installed skype on my machine. Since then I am not able to run any of my asp.net application. I am not sure if it has to do something with skype or no. But I have not been able to run any of my application and get the message Internet explorer cannot display the page. I can see the asp.net development server is running but none of the application would run.   Hi, I'm not sure whether Skype has somehing to do with VS2008. However, a same issue was reported by the fellow developers who had installed ESET Node32 Anti-Virus. ...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

simple web application created in VB.net(VS.Net) will not run
I tried to run the ASP.net samples created by VB.net. But it doesn't run successfully. For example, I copied VB project folder at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VB\Project. From the web browser I typed http://localhost/VB/Project/Project.aspx Only the text for some LabelControls showed up, not the content Text generated by project.aspx.vb. Does that mean that I didn't set the IIS and ASP.net correct? Can you post the source code for your application. This may make it easier to debug what is going on. Thanks. Glen Kowalski Software Design Engineer / Test Microsoft Corporation This posti...

Running a .net application
hi all, i have developed a .net application in C#.net. my OS is windows XP it runs smoothly in my system. but when i try to run the application in Windows Server OS its give a date time error. i have tried running the application with both the system's Date Format as dd/MM/yyyy can any one tell me the reason for this and the solution .   Thanks Qaja Having the specific details of the error - or at the very least the error message would be very helpfull. Can you show us the error? Is the correct version of the .NET Framework installed on the Windows Server?James Steele thi...

Web resources about - Getting my application to run on the host... - asp.net.security

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...