form authentication

I have a web application which includes several directories, I try to use form authentication to restrict access to one of the directories, I add a web.config file to this directory, I didnot change anything yet (still the default web.config generated by vs.net) , but when I run the application again. I got the following error:

Could not load type 'myWeb.management.employeeLogIn'.
Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="employeeLogIn.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="myWeb.management.employeeLogIn" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ginstar\management\employeeLogIn.aspx Line: 1
even I delete the web.config file, the application can not work any more, please give me some advice, what's wrong with it?
0
snow

Did you mark the folder as an application in IIS? If so, it's probably looking for a DLL that is in a located other than the one expected.

~Brad Kingsley
MCSE, ASPInsider

www.orcsweb.com

Powerful Web Hosting Solutions
#1 in Service and Support

0
sbradk

How to authenticate against the ADAM by using Forms authentication and Visual C# .NET
How to authenticate against the Active Directory by using Forms authentication and Visual C# .NET http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q316748 I followed this link for AD but did not work for ADAM. any help for the authenticate against the ADAM by using Forms authentication and Visual C# .NET would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance.    Hi dpatelPA, Please take a look at this tutorial: How To: Use Forms Authentication with Active Directory in ASP.NET 2.0:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998360.aspx   Thanks.Davi...

Authenticate against the Active Directory by Using Forms Authentication and Visual Basic .NET
I am using the code found on microsoft site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326340 And when i run it I get an error: Error authenticating. Error authenticating user. A referral was returned from the server I have changed the code to specify my domain DC=MyDomain,DC=local Has anyone run into this or knows what it means? Thanks Craig Hi Craig, Its giving me the same error. Can you please tell me how u specified ur DC,LDAP etc.. For example:- Dim domainAndUsername As String = domain & "\" & username Dim entry A...

Single sign on between .NET 2.0 forms authentication and custom user authentication
 We would like to implement single sign on between one web app that uses .NET 2.0 forms authentication and one that uses custom user authentication using sessions (Both use .NET 2.0). The custom user authentication uses a session stateserver and encrypts the password. So far our best solution to this problem is to pass an encrypted username and password in a querystring to each system. Is there a more elegant solution to this problem? Thanks for your time. Hey, Is it possible to query the session state server database to get the user name and password?  It's possible to crea...

Secure Form Authentication??
Hi, Could someone please give examples to how a secure form authentication can be performed without the need of SSL? Are there ways to avoid the "free text" over cable?Regardstwyk168 If you must keep data secure over the wire then SSL is a must.Some hosting companies offer plans that have shared ssl on them - maybe an option for you. Rob Millswww.dotnetadvisor.com...

how secure is forms authentication?
With the application I'm building right now, every user has a numerical UserID, and just about all the data in my SQL Server database is linked to that number, so it's very important I keep that number confidential. For the authentication scheme, I have a basic login/pass page where I authenticate a user by using Forms Authentication with cookies, and assigning their UserID to the User.Identity.Name property. Then, on any protected pages, I basically make references to the UserID by saying Int32.Parse(User.Identity.Name). When I combine this with SSL, is this a secure enough scheme to make s...

Forms Authentication
 As I understand it, the Forms Authentication cookie is encrypted, signed, hashed, etc. If my website relied on the username of the cookie to get the active user, how secure would my website be? I wanted to know if anyone has read or seen anything about this system being broken. Friend, First, the auth cookie is encrypted. Others will not have direct access to the int value. Second, if you are transmitting it only over 128 bit SSL then that will be almost impossible to get at. However, I assume that you, like most people, are only using the SSL on the pages that MUST be secure l...

Any security issues using Impersonation along with Forms Authentication with Integrated Security (SQL SERVER 2000)?
I currently running a ASP.NET application (Visual studio 2003) with SQL Server 2000. For security I am using forms authentication and integrity security for sql server enabling the ASP.NET account. I am developing a module that create, delete and upload files on  a network directory. If I set impersonation in the web config to true and specify a username/password  will that conflict with my current security? Would it be better to make impersonation specific to this page? Any ideas on the approach?  Thanks    ...

Forms Authentication
 Hello All  I am very new to ASP.NET and C# but getting there, slowly :-) Anyway, I created from scratch my own blog application locally using C#, ASP.NET, VS2008 and SQL Server 2005 and it worked great. I would type a username and password into the required fields, it would validate this against a database using SHA1 encryption  and forward me on to an admin page where I could add/edit/remove posts as I wish. When I published it to my webserver there seemed to be a few issues which I covered (mainly the IIS issue where you have to click the Create button). When the m...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

JSP and .Net forms authentication
Hi, I am using Windows 2003, IIS 6.0 with ServletExec (Servlet Engine) for my web application. I want to use .Net forms Authentication for all my files (asp, jsp and html). In my IIS I have set Wildcard ISAPI Map to ASPNet_ISAPI.dll and in the application Extensions I have mapped .jsp to ServletExec_ISAPI.dll. Now this enabled my jsp's to come under forms authentication. Once I authenticate thru forms login page I would now like that IIS should pass the request for JSP to ServletEXEC_ISAPI.dll. This is not happing right now. When authenticated JSP request is handled by ASPNet_ISAPI...

.NET form authentication and HTA
Hi, I'm trying to access a .NET website (with form authentication activated) from an HTA... Whenever i try to connect, the server process my log-in and sends me an auth cookie but this cookie is lost and is not sent back in the next request...I think this has to do with HTA's security context...Anyone knows how to fix this and be able to be authentified by my website ?Thanks,Hadrien Execuse me, what's HTA? Can you give me a link for HTA? ThanksWelcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38 Basically, it's just a html ...

Forms Authentication
I have an ASP.Net application that uses forms authentication with a Login.aspx page.Whenever a user attempts to access any page in the site, and they are not authenticated, ASP redirects them to the Login.aspx page, and appends a "ReturnUrl" query string to the URL.  Then when the user logs in, this URL is used to go to the original page they were requesting.This works great except when a malicious user changes the query string in the URL and the redirect then goes off to another site.  This "security hole" has been brought to my attention by a third party and they are requiring it...

Securing a directory with forms authentication
I have an ASP.NET application in which 90% of the application is public and does not require authentication.  I would like to secure a small portion of the site which grants access to private documents.  My first instinct was to create a sub folder which would contain its own web.config file and use forms authentication to secure that particular directory.   I've come to understand that you cannot use an authentication element in a nested web.config file to achieve this sort of restricted access.  Can anybody tell me the preferred means to secure a single subdirector...

Web resources about - form authentication - asp.net.security

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.