Ensuring that your web application is completely closed

Hi

I would like to know what I need to add to my web application that when I close my browser that the application is completely closed. My application is running on a local Intranet. I have cleared down the session variables, but I am unsure what else I need to add to ensure that any connection made to the application is closed.

AndyMoireASP

You can't 100% since the nature of web applications are disconnected by design untill they require a resource from a server of sorts.

- William

Give some of my PWSK modules a try.
0
whighfield

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Help needed securing my .NET web application
Hi there!I have a web application that has 3 components:     The VB.NET code to handle the web Requests and calls,    A .NET DLL that handles some vital processing which calls    A VB6 DLL that does some other vital processingI am trying to secure my application so that all the components check to make sure that the calling code has  permission to execute it.I'd like to use CAS Demands to check the stack to make sure all of the code components responsible for the call have permission to do so. My problem is that the VB6 DLL doesn't use the .N...

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

Web Application and Web Service security
I have a web application that is implementing forms authetication and a web service using WSE 3.0 Direct Authentication with UsernameToken. I have tested each one independently and everything works as advertised. Great!  Now, the piece that I don't understand is how to get the password to setup the token. I can get the username.  For example: 1. The web.config file is setup to deny anonymous users.  2. When the default page is hit the user is directed to the login page. The login in page iplements ASP.net's Login Control and is accessing the memb...

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

Web application not getting close when closing internet explorer
As the subject states , suddenly when i run any web application within visual studio on the asp.net development server, when i close my browser (all browser windows are getting closed) the application still remain in debug mode (need to press stop button to kill it or kill development server, also the visual studio title states "running"). Normally , and checked other computer , when closing the luanched browser the application dies. I dont think i have changed some relevant setting lately, maybe it was indirect change, can tell. I am running internet explorer 6 on windows xp SP...

How to call .net web service from Java web application?
Hi all,  I have a vb .net web service.How do i call .net web service from Java web application?What all resources I need?Can you please provide a sample application where a java application is invoking methods of .net web service? Thank you Hi, First I am not familiar with java language, but web services are universal operating system and language independent. It doesn't matter where the services is or in what language is written you just invoke it  and it gives you "replay".  Probably you must reffer to java consuming web services.   Regard...

using non .net DLL in .net web application
Is it possible to use a non .NET DLL in a .NET web application ?I have a vb.net web application, and I am thinking of purchasing a pascal DLL to use in it.  I am not sure if its possible, or if there are any downsides?  I really don't want to run anything that could cause any problems or complications.Thanks! mike123 Yes, it's perfectly possible to use non-.NET DLLs. The way to do it is called Interop. If you Google for that, you'll find plenty on it.  just add reference ... compile ....and use...Please click Mark as Answer on this post if it helps y...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a...

Is it possible to include a sharepoint web part in a .NET Web Application?
I have a .NET Web Application created in Visual Studio, and separately of that, a sharepoint site with a workflow web part.Not knowing anything about SharePoint, is there any way to use the sharepoint web part / control in an aspx page outside of the sharepoint framework? i.e. making use of the sharepoint control outside of sharepoint, as if the sharepoint control was .net ascx control...or like an 'include' file? If not - is there a way to convert a sharepoint web part to a .net user control?What I want want do is make use of the sharepoint web part functionality without using a sh...

Web resources about - Ensuring that your web application is completely closed - asp.net.security

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Panasonic touch panel production to be solely for vehicle applications by 2020, says report
Panasonic is aiming to transfer its touch panel production completely to vehicle applications by 2020 in order to meet increasing demand for ...