Difference between asp.net security 2.0 & asp.net security 3.5 framework?

 HI,
What are the difference between asp.net security 2.0 & asp.net security 3.5 framework?

0
pathipati

ASP.NET 3.5 security for me is almost the same as 2.0 as the former is built on top of the latter with the exceptions of framework specific libraries added to the newer framework. Most likely, your 2.0 applications will run well on 3.5 but not necessarily the other way around. The number of new classes added/improved from 2.0 to 3.5 is published and you may search them using your favorite search engine.

Patrick Oliveros
Web Developer - Emerson Electric Asia, Ltd. - ROHQ
webthinker.wordpress.com
0
jpcoliveros
4/16/2009 6:57:01 AM

Hi,pathipati

ASP.NET 3.5 use the same security framework as ASP.NET 2.0 have.

ASP.NET 3.5 has ASP.NET AJAX built-in (no separate download required).  In addition to including all of the features in ASP.NET AJAX 1.0, ASP.NET 3.5 also now includes richer support for UpdatePanels integrating with WebParts, ASP.NET AJAX integration with controls like <asp:menu> and <asp:treeview>, WCF support for JSON, and many other AJAX improvements.

For more information, refer to : Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 Released

And

What is new in ASP.NET 3.5

Regards

Andrew Zhu
Microsoft online ASP.NET support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Andrew

Security Briefs: Security Enhancements in the .NET Framework 2.0
Security Briefs: Security Enhancements in the .NET Framework 2.0 http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/01/SecurityBriefs/default.aspx *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** As I write this column, version 2.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework is at Beta 1. When I got my bits, I hacked together a little program to dump all of the public members of all public types in the entire Framework and ran it on version 1.1 as well as 2.0. I then used WINDIFF.EXE to compare the two text files, and s...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Implementing Security using WSE 3.0 and .Net 2.0
Greetings,  I've written a ton of webservices in the past but have never touched WSE or applied any turnkey security policies before. I'm looking for a basic tutorial or article that will walk me through setting up security on a web service using WSE 3.0. I've come across several Microsoft articles but they are more overviews rather than step-by-step implementation guides. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/webservices/building/wse/default.aspx?pull=/msdnmag/issues/05/11/securitybriefs/default.aspx)(http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/11/securitybriefs/default.as...

Difference between var type of .NET 3.5 and object Data Type in .NET 2.0?
Hi All,With .NET 3.5 a new feature is introduced of defining Anonymous Type.You can achieve this with keyword "var".We can achieve the same functionality in .NET 2.0 with object type.What is the difference between var type of .NET 3.5 and object Data Type in .NET 2.0?Virendra (MCTS)My Site, Blog virendra1983:With .NET 3.5 a new feature is introduced of defining Anonymous Type. var types are actually strongly typed in design time. What happens in the IDE infers the type of the object based on its initialisation so you get strong typing and intellisensee.g.var i = 9...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

thank you for creating such a good product, but add ons are not compatible like ai roboform 6.9.93, avg safe search 8.5, avg security toolbar 2.0.20080529, crawler toolbar 1.3, microsoft .net framwork
Name: ritesh shah Email: rsdotrealtorsatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: thank you for creating such a good product, but add ons are not compatible like ai roboform 6.9.93, avg safe search 8.5, avg security toolbar 2.0.20080529, crawler toolbar 1.3, microsoft .net framwork asst 1, google web accelerator 1.0.93.116 Comments: thank you for creating such a good product, but add ons are not compatible like ai roboform 6.9.93, avg safe search 8.5, avg security toolbar 2.0.20080529, crawler toolbar 1.3, microsoft .net framwork asst 1, google web accelerator 1.0.93.116 Browser...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

How to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ?
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ? I have 2 different versions of Visual Studio: VS2005 and VS2008. One is running in .NET framework 2.0.0.0 and the other one is running in framework version 3.5.0.0.  When run the web application that is in framework Version 2.0.0.0 in VS2005, I get the error below.  In the web.config of the project, there is no 'System.Core....' assembly listed in the Assemblies section and all other system assemblies are in framework version 2.0.0.0. Also I checked the Mic...

Web resources about - Difference between asp.net security 2.0 & asp.net security 3.5 framework? - asp.net.security

World powers adopt UN Syria resolution to end civil war, but differences on Assad's future as leader ...
The UN Security Council unanimously adopts a resolution endorsing a peace process to end the Syrian war.

Debate showed differences between parties
Much of the commentary and analysis from Saturday night’s Democratic debate in New Hampshire will undoubtedly focus on the questions of national ...

Reruns on cable are not the same as the originals — check out these differences
Cable channels speed up and modify the reruns they air. The increased speed can result in two more minutes of advertising per show. Produced ...

Sanders Is ‘Working Out Differences’ With DNC, Hillary In Order To ‘Defeat Right-Wing Extremism’
Sanders Is ‘Working Out Differences’ With DNC, Hillary In Order To ‘Defeat Right-Wing Extremism’

Can you spot the differences between fact-checking a GOP debate and whack-a-mole?
It shouldn’t come as any big surprise that Tuesday night’s Republican presidential debate was a bonanza for fact-checkers. Here are a few of ...

The Difference Between Customer Service and Customer Experience
VideoIn this week's edition of Blake's Take we address the difference between customer service and customer experience. In this video I discuss ...

The 11 Biggest Differences Between the Book and Movie Versions of The Force Awakens
Many movie novelizations are surprisingly different than the actual movies. The original Star Wars had a book version that was weirdly different ...