Control CreateUser Wizard control with CSS - how?

Hi there,

can anybody tell me if its possible to align a CreateUser Wizard control using CSS? I presume i attached a class name to the CSS property of the control.

But then what am i actually aligning? a Div? or similar... I believe there is some issues with centering DIVS on IE - can anyone confirm?

If anybody can confirm what i should be doing to align the CreateUser Wizard control using CSS I would be really greatful...

Currently I have

3 divs - left, center, and right...

the center div is where i have placed my Creatuserwizard but it flushed to the left...

Not only that I have sent some CSS on the BODY selector.. text size is quite small but  then the createuser wizard control is even smaller - i guess its using keywords liker smaller etc for text...

Really appreciate some help on this

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks in advance

Ian
0
ianinspain

Yes you can align the CreateUserWizard control, the same way you can align any element using CSS. As you know, the control renders as a table, so it's just a matter of positioning it where you want it. As you brought out, you'll need to set the CreateUserWizard control's CssClass property so that you can specifically target it in your stylesheet. The solution is a two-part one, due to the inconsistency between IE and Firefox.

IE allows the CSS text-align property to position any element, as opposed to just text (which is what its supposed to do) So when you set the text-align of a container to center, it will center everything inside of it (including a block element like a table or div) instead of just its text content (which is what FF will do). Therefore you could apply the following code to center the CreateUserWizard inside your center div for IE:

#CenterDiv
{
    text-align: center;
}

As mentioned above, Firefox treats text-align correctly and therefore will not center anything but text, rendering the above solution worthless to it. However, FF allows you to set margins on block elements that will be automatically calculated by the browser, giving you the effect of centering it. The only catch is that you have to specify a static width for the element you're centering (which shouldn't be a problem in your case) in order for this solution to work. This is because in order for the browser to determine how much space to consume on the left and right of the element, it needs to know how wide you want it to be. The following solution will work for FF:

#CreateUserWizard
{
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 300px;
}

That's all you need to make it compliant between both browsers. Just change the id's and the width of the CreateUserWizard and you're good to go.

Note: Due to the text-align: center that was set on the containing div, any text inside of your CreateUserWizard control will also be centered. Hence, you might need to re-align the text for it the way you want. (i.e. text-align: left)
0
IdiosMachi
4/5/2006 1:26:15 AM
thanks... i got it now... much appreciated

ian
0
ianinspain

Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS
 I am trying to control the :hover css property on <asp: Button> controls. Basically the css is working correctly to set the initial look of the button, but nothing is happening when I hover over the button. Here is my code:CSS:.sidebarButton{    width: 168px;     height: 45px;     background-color: #666666;     text-align: left;    font-weight: bold;    font-family: Century Gothic;    font-size: 13pt;    color: White;    border-style: none;  ...

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

Wizard Control
I have a wizard control. I some steps i want to disable the Causes Validation of the StepNextButton and for other steps i want to enable. When i convert the StepNextButton to template and set CausesValidation to false, its applied to all the steps. How could i control the properties of the Next Previous buttons of different steps and set the properties individually? ThanksMark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net Link into one of the events that fire when the step changes. Then check to see if its a step that you want to disable validation....

Formview control with in Wizard control
I have a wizard control in which it promts the user if he is a delaer or customer. on next step it displays the result. Results are almost same for both dealer and customer but for customer I need to remove few things. How can I take care of this? one thing I can do is create unique steps for dealer and customer. There shoud be a work around just to hide few items. With in formcontrol I am using table? How can I have different color for each row and column within form to make is easy for user to read? Is there some template property I need to use for form? you can use wizard step events...

Button control in wizard Control
hi all, Gud day to you... i have used a wizard for an application.. i placed a button name '<<back' at run time.. i can show the attributes of the button which i gave in the design page... <asp:Button ID="StepBackButton" runat="server" BackColor="White" BorderColor="#507CD1" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" CausesValidation="False" CommandName="MovePrevious" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="0.8em" ForeColor="#284E98" Text="<<Back" Visi...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Nested Wizard Control: Having Sub-Steps in a 2.0 Wizard Control
Is there an easy way to implement Wizard with sub-steps using the new Wizard control in ASP.NET. Step1    --- SubStep 11    --- SubStep 12 Step 2    --- SubStep 21    --- SubStep 22  Tushar Why wouldn't you just implement them as Wizard steps if you're always going to do them?  If you want a step that just says, "This is Step 2" then create it.  I don't see the need to nest wizard controls.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thanks Darrell: I was making it unnecess...

Focus on a control in the steps of a Wizard Control?
Hi, how can i set a focus on a control on each step of the wizard control? For instance on the first step i want to set the focus on a FirstName textbox. On the second step i want to set the focus on an Address textbox. Thanks. In your codebehind Page_load (pseudo code)if first step{ ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "setfocus", "document.getElementById(\"" + TextBox1.ClientID + "\").focus();",true); }Replace TextBox1 with the name of your controlRegards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post...

Finding controls in sidebar of Wizard control
Here is a solution i want to share and i didn't find anyehere in the web   private Hashtable GetSideBarButtons() { Hashtable buttonsColl = new Hashtable(); Control lst1 = (Control)Wizard1.FindControl("SideBarContainer"); DataList lst = (DataList)lst1.FindControl("SideBarList"); foreach (DataListItem ctrl in lst.Items) { Button button = (Button)ctrl.FindControl("SideBarButton"); buttonsColl.Add(button.Text, button); } return buttonsColl; }...

Finding a control on a templated wizard control
 Hi All,can't seem to get the selected value from a radio button list that is located on a templated wizard control, what am I doing wrong?? the control is in bold.aspx file:                 <asp:Wizard ID="callLogWizard" runat="server" Width="686px" ActiveStepIndex="0" Height="126px">                        <HeaderTemplate> ...

UploadFile control within a Wizard control
I'm using ASP.NET 2.0 in VS 2005 with C#. I have attached a file upload control along with a couple of text boxes for entering title and description and a button to upload the file. This all works fine. However, when I place the elements in Step 1 of a wizard and then place another entry in step 2 of the wizard. When this page is viewed in a browser, I am able to enter the title, description, and choose a file. I click the next button, and then the finish button and the upload fails as the PostedFile is null. The filename is also cleared if I go from Step 2 back to Step 1. ...

Wizard Control and Web User Control
I am trying to use the Wizard Control to  handle several forms as control(Web User Control) within the wizard. I saw that it would be great to create the Web form as  Web User Control instead of placing all of code in the wizard. But the problem is how to pass parmeter better the wizard and the form control(Web User Control). There seem to be a simple way. Does anyone has and example of this. The type of application that I am looking to create is donation application with supplies order and subscription to donars and partners. I am having to commu...

Referencing control in HeaderTemplate of Wizard control
Hi guys, I'm trying to reference a control within the HeaderTemplate of my Wizard control. I was expecting that it would be available to me because the controls in a asp:WizardStep are available but apparently not. I tried doing a Wizard.FindControl on it and this didn't work either. Anyone know how to reference it? <asp:Wizard ID="myWizard" runat="server"> <HeaderTemplate> <asp:Label id="lblTest" runat="server"> </asp:Label> </HeaderTemplate> </asp:Wizard> Label lblTest = (Label)myWizard.FindControl("lblTest"); lblTest.Text = "test";Justin T...

Web resources about - Control CreateUser Wizard control with CSS - how? - asp.net.security

Expect weighty issues when installing Atmos
Macquarie Telecom ’s cloud spinoff Ninefold has adopted EMC’s Atmos for its new cloud storage offering,and says that the product is everything ...

ShortURL ?
... name and redirect it to your existing URL! No ads, loaded with url redirect features. The shortURL address: http://alturl.com/user/CreateUser.aspx?ReturnUrl= ...

A few things about Redis security
saveOKAt this point the target authorized keys file should be full of garbage, but should also include our public key. The string does not have ...

How to upload a file using the BaasBox iOS SDK
Here is a quick tutorial on how to upload a file using the BaasBox iOS SDK. Requirements Make sure you have Java installed on your Mac. If you ...

CardSpring
... a simple API that lets developers add web and mobile applications like coupons, loyalty programs and digital receipts to payment cards. .cr ...

Cincopa API: Method Account.createUser
Many free online file storage and sharing products from Cincopa.com Upload, store, send, share, backup, view and print your content.

Building FactoryGirl.NET
... of sorts. The problem is that it tends to be a dumping ground for different variations of the test objects. For example, ObjectMother.CreateUser(), ...

Code - swanson/stringer - Code Climate
100% free for Open Source, forever. Get another set of eyes on your code. 100% free for Open Source, forever. Get another set of eyes on your ...

Firebase Constructor - Firebase Javascript SDK
Firebase Sign Up Free Login Docs Pricing How it works Overview Javascript Client Firebase new Firebase( ) auth( ) unauth( ) child( ) parent( ...

square/sqlbrite · GitHub
sqlbrite - A lightweight wrapper around SQLiteOpenHelper which introduces reactive stream semantics to SQL operations.