Cannot login , no error, acts like login, but no go

I have a membership database that I use for all my sites. Its the same database for all sites.

I just placed another website on the server and when I try to login it acts like i am logged but i am not.

Steps:

Goto Login page

 Enter username password

Click login

I get taken back to the page where i was at before i tried to login.

But the login button still says login. and my status shows i am not logged in.

What am i doing wrong here?

thanks

There’s my side and there’s your opinion
0
erikkl2000

things you should check is...

1: authentication cookie is set properly

2: May be user is not authorized i.e. in proper role so it is redirecting back to login page

3: Browser accepts the Cookies

/GuruBhai
0
guru_sarkar

how can i implement login & authorization for users and role based application security without using built in contols like CreateUserWizard or login or something else
hi i'm neeraja i'm new to this .net, and i'm implementing application security can anyone help me out that how can i implement login & authorization for users and role based application security without using built in contols like CreateUserWizard or login or something else  Hi,Check out this linkhttp://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/formsroleauth.asp this will guide you to do the role base security .RegardsGanesan S"Hard Work Never Fails"Please "Mark as Answered" if helpful for you....

Login Failed Error on Store Login
After installing the IBS store application on my local machine (XP Pro, SQL Server, IIS), and manually configuring it (since the downloaded .exe would not configure it for me - said I was missing SQL Server, IIS, or the .NET framework, even though I have all three and have VS 2003 installed and running other asp.net applications), I now get an error trying to launch the default page: Login failed for user 'MyServerName\ASPNET'. Where MyServerName has replaced the actual server name. Any suggestions as to my problem? Thank you! Sounds like it's failing trying to connect to ...

Error during login
--------------4F213CE804DB6709CF3B50B6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit We've recently upgraded to Open Client 11.1.1 with version 10.0.4 for our 16 bit third party app. For the most part, the upgrade has gone smoothly except for a couple workstations using Windows 95. When they try to login, they receive an error message - "Could not Allocate Login record". I've reinstalled the OC/ODBC, the app and ensured the regional settings are set to English(United States). This is a real problem for me, for these apps ...

Error with Secure Login
I am trying to do a secure login page. I am getting the following error. I ran a search on the web and could not find it. I am using webmatrix to develop. Error: Unable to find script library 'aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c' Anyone have any ideas? Here is my login.aspx code. <> Sub LoginBtn_Click(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) If Page.IsValid Then If FormsAuthentication.Authenticate(UserName.Text, UserPass.Text) Then FormsAuthentication...

I am trying to run a login sample, so in "Web Site Administration Tool" i clicked "Use the security Setup Wizard to configure security step by step." and got this famous error: An error was encountere
After this i have the lengthy description of the rror The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: site at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.InitForConfiguration(String& locationSubPath, String& configPath, String& locationConfigPath, IInternalConfigRoot configRoot, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath, Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigur...

<error>Login count = 0, Logins required = 3</error>
Hi, I read theposting: news://support-forums.novell.com:119/1J%3d.16142$oo4.11280@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com But I still get the error and don't no how to register my workstations. It looks like the Login Count won't get updated. > Wednesday, September 29, 2004 09:49:00 -- ZENWSREGRegister -- Finished sending request. Result = 1 > Wednesday, September 29, 2004 09:49:00 -- ZENWSREGRegister -- Leaving HTTPUtil::SendMessage, returning 0 > Wednesday, September 29, 2004 09:49:00 -- ZENWSREGRegister -- Entering ParseImportReply > Wednesday, September 29, 2004 0...

Error: Cannot open database requested in login 'projectAllocations'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'sa'.
Hi, Im getting this error when attempting to retrieve data from an sql database. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database requested in login 'projectAllocations'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'sa'. Source Error: Line 13: objConn = New SqlConnection( "Server=LAB303-066\NETSDK; Database=projectAllocations; User ID=sa;Password=mypas...

Error: Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE
HI all when I was trying to host a website I got the following error Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE Previously I got an error Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE so I ran sp_grantlogin 'NTAUTHORITY\NETWORKSERVICE' in query analyzer.When I wet through the page once again I encountred the error  Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICEpls help me!!!Thanks in advance.... Ravi Chilakamart...

LOGIN-LGNWNT.DLL-890 Login error
I have a bunch of users that are having problems mapping a drive to one NW65 SP2 server ( eDir 8733) due to the following errors: LOGIN-LGNWNT.DLL-890 specified server is unknown LOGIN-LGNWNT.DLL-430 The following drive mapping operation could not be completed [ROOT L:=XXXXX\INFO:FINANCE\DATA] Error code was 8884 The workstations are W2K SP3&4, NC483 SP3, SLP configured correctly. These users never had any problem until they were moved to a remote location with new IP addresses. They can map drives to NW51 SP6 fine. Any ideas ? Please post the output from typing SLP...

How to implement an secured login with the login table at db?
How to implement an secured login to Jaguar with the login table located at remote database? (more than 5000 users, I don't want to put those into the jaguar admin roles..) My thought is, I can call the stored procedure on the database to perform security check to make sure the user is allowed to login to the db. Once the authorization is granted, user can instantiate java component and start the applet. if my thought is correct, I will have 2 connection caches which has 2 seperate properties with one is only allow to challenge the login and the other one has fully user acc...

Login mapping error 8884 and slow logins
Have set up 5 servers with v6.5 sp8. When logging in apart from the master replica server which works 99% of the time the mappings may error with error code 8884 and will not map but the next mapping to a secondary sever is fine. Reversing the order of the mappings may cause the server mapping that failed to be correctly mapped the working one to fail. The whole login process is also very slow. I have manually mapped the drives in Windows they will eventually connect but after a considerable wait between 1 - 10 minutes. Login results example Your current context is Sheernes...

LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-890 login error.
Windows 2000 SP4 workstation running Novell Client 4.91 SP2 logging into Netware server 5.1 SP8. Sometimes after a fresh reboot of the workstation, when I try to login, I get "LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-890: The specified server is unknown.". I press the OK button on the error message and the login script fails on all of the drive mappings for the offending server, but works fine for all other servers. I do a SLPINFO /ALL but all is well: ***************************************************** *** Novell Client for Windows NT *** *** Service Location...

Custom Login Page and handling login error message
Hi All, This is regarding retrieving login error message in customized jsp deployed in identity server. We are using NAM 3.1 SP1 on linux environment and custom login page which directly post the login request to IDP. We customized the out-of-box JSP (main.jsp) which gets installed as part of identity server to redirect the request to web sites login URL incase of login failure. Upon successful authentication IDS redirects to the URL specified in the target parameter, this works fine. However, we are trying to pass the login error message from the custom JSP deployed in the I...

Login status and login
Hi,  I have a login status control on my webform. It allows the user to logout and shows when the user is logged in.Is there any way i can get it to let the user login too? I'm currently using a login status AND an ordinary hyperlink which lets the user login...But it doesnt look good....alternatively, can i get the hyperlink to login and logout? Thanks Hi Sophie,   LoginStatus control can actually make you login and logout. like so.. <asp:LoginStatus id="loginStatus1" runat="server" LogoutText="Log Out" LoginText="Log In" ...

Web resources about - Cannot login , no error, acts like login, but no go - asp.net.security

Wildfire burns 1,200 acres outside Los Angeles, closes highway
By Patrick T. Fallon VENTURA, Calif. (Reuters) - Firefighters on Saturday gained the upper hand on a wildfire northwest of Los Angeles that burned ...

Two shot dead by Chicago cop responding to domestic violence call
A Chicago police officer shot and killed two people early on Saturday while responding to a domestic disturbance call on the city’s West Side, ...

Islamic State claims Bangladesh mosque attack
The Islamic State terrorist group on Saturday claimed responsibility for a suicide attack at a packed mosque of minority Ahmadi community during ...

Syrian rebel commander's death imperils peace process
Zahran Alloush's killing seen as undermining peace process but opposition leader says he will attend Geneva talks.

RSS believes India, Pakistan and Bangladesh will reunite through ‘goodwill’ one day: Ram Madhav
"The RSS still believes that one day these parts, which have for historical reasons separated only 60 years ago, will again, through popular ...

Armie Hammer's Family Christmas Photo is Picture Perfect!
Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers pose with their 12-month-old daughter Harper on their Christmas card. The couple’s dog Archie is also featured ...

UK weather sees country hit by worst floods in decades
Huge swathes of the North of England, including parts of Manchester and Leeds and their satellite towns, were under up to 6ft of water after ...

Trying to peg Donald Trump as a misogynist, David Brock uses a blatant misandrist word against him: "wuss." ...
Did you notice this little encounter between Brock and Trump's spokeswoman Katrina Pierson. Pierson was there — on CNN — to explain a couple ...

Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach, Writes Heartfelt Message To Miss Colombia After Steve Harvey Fail
Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach, wrote a heartfelt Facebook post to Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez on Thursday, December 24, with a sympathetic ...

China Says It Will Expel French Journalist
The reporter, Ursula Gauthier, had written an article criticizing Beijing’s attempt to link the Paris attacks to ethnic violence in China’s northwest. ...