Can a login.aspx form be disabled if called from a form in another folder?

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 app that is secured using a login.aspx form.  If any user jumps to any aspx form in my app folder it triggers the login form.  Now, I am tring to tie in code written by another company that is currently in a different folder.  The two web apps need to call each other in many places.  If I add a login.aspx form to the other folder, it gets triggered every time the user switches between apps.  I want to make it look like one seamless app, to the user so is there a way to disable the login form if one app calls the other or some other way to handle this?

I initially, I thought I might just merge the apps in a single folder, but unfortunately to use a single web.config file would require some major changes.

Thanks,

David

0
davidgreenbe

Are you using using the ASP.NET membership provider f(or the login.aspx) in both your applications? Also,do both these apps. have thier own login pages?

Vikram.S, Developer

DiscountASP.NET

Innovative ASP.NET Hosting & SQL Hosting
0
vvsharma
5/10/2007 9:58:19 PM
davidgreenbe:

I want to make it look like one seamless app, to the user so is there a way to disable the login form if one app calls the other or some other way to handle this?

This thread might help:

ASP.NET Forms Authentication Single Sign-on

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1307815.aspx

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong
5/14/2007 6:38:53 AM

Thanks,

this is exactly the info I was searching for.

David

0
davidgreenbe

How to call One FORM from Another FORM IN VB.NET
I AM NEW TO VB.NET, I CREATE A REPORT USING REPEATER COMPONENT (FORM NAME IS REP_VIEW) IN ANOTHER FORM (REP_GET) I GET CODE,MONTH AND YEAR FROM THIS FORM (REP_GET) WHEN I RUN THE FORM REP_GET AND GET DETAILS OF CODE,MONTH,YEAR AND I CLICK THE VIEW BUTTON IN REP_GET FORM IMMEDAIATELY FORM_VIEW FORM HASTO BE OPEN AND REPORT  HAS TO BE VIEWED.  BASED ON CODE,MONTH,YEAR SQL QUERIES ARE IN CODE BEHIND OF FORM_VIEW , CONDITIONS ARE CODE,MONTH,YEAR,      WHICH IS GET FROM FORM_GET   PLEASE HELP ME   THANKS  ...

Calling an aspx page on form submission in another aspx page
I have 2 aspx pages called say page1.aspx and page2.aspx, and I am calling the second aspx page on submission of a form in the first page. Thus, I have the following code in page1.aspx <form name="frmtest" id="frmtest" method="post" runat="server" action="page2.aspx"> Now, when I submit the form, I am getting the following error message: The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted. Could anyone help me in this? Thanx in advance. Himanshu Hi, currently ASP.NET sets the action back to itself (...

Need to have a form "in front of" login form that would open the login form.
Hello: I need to show a web app I have built to a client who does not have a web site.  Their app will be on a site I use for testing.  I want to put a"testapp" button on a form that then starts their app.    The client's app has a login control, however, so when I call up that app's default page, the login page appears as it should. Can I put another web page "in front of"  the login page that would have a button to call the default page which then would cause the login page to come up?  If not possible, can I have 2 asp.net 2.0 apps runn...

Setting Main Form and Calling Another Form
Hi All: Again, I am new to Delphi. I am using XE2 Pro. I am attempting my first app. I want it to have multiple forms, with the Main form calling other forms. How do I set which form is the form that opens at the start of application? How do I get frmMain to call frmSecondary? Thanks in advance. > {quote:title=Thomas Clark wrote:}{quote} > Hi All: > > Again, I am new to Delphi. I am using XE2 Pro. > > I am attempting my first app. I want it to have multiple forms, with the Main form calling other forms. > > How do I set which form is the f...

calling control in one form from another form
hi all, i have two forms in a C#.net windows application i have a list view control in form1. i want to fill this list view from form2 and display form1 from form2. any idea of doing this?thanks in advance use showdialog to get the input.Thank You--some funny homemade software,http://www.geocities.com/lhcsoft2004/my software grouphttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/LauHanChingSoftware/...

How can a pop up form read the calling form values?
I have used the following to open a pop up form: clientScript = "window.open('" & PagePath & "','" & windowName & "','" & windowAttribs & "');return false;" opener.Attributes.Add("onClick", clientScript) I need the pop up to read a text box value on the calling form. How can I do this..code sample appreciated..thanks.   you can do this through window.opener object. ex     window.opener.formname.textbox.value> penny for a thought due to the "popularity" on this thread, i guess asp.net developers aren't that into the starwars fever.> penn...

Two Good Question 1. What is the single point of contact for a WebService ? 2. there is 100 win form , only 3 form can speak each other other 97 form can not access these 3 forms how it will be
Two Good Question 1. What is the single point of contact for a WebService  ?2. there is 100 win form , only 3 forms can speak to  each other other 97 form can not access these 3 forms how do it? if any body help me this question i will be thankful for that . thanks      Hi 1.Single point of cantact for webservieces is UDDI.If you want to select webservice for your requirement then you need to search in UDDI. 2.drill down bit ...CheersRam MCP Hi 1. UDDI is the right place to find the webservices. 2. For this, i think we can do it with access specifi...

How do I know the called form is returned to the calling form?
My FormA called FormB. When FormB is released, the calling form(FormA) can drive any event, or any kind of method to know that? You could do it by setting and checking a variable in the UserSession. FormB could set a value like UserSession.FormBKilled : Boolean. FormA could then check that value and act upon it. The other option would be to have form B call a method, or set a value, on FormA before it gets destroyed. procedure TFormB.ExitBtnClick(sender: TObject); var AForm : TIWForm; begin WebApplication.SetActiveForm(WebApplication.FindComponent('FormA') as TIWContai...

Forms or No Forms
Hope this isn't a repeat.  I looked and didn't find anything. Say for example you had a web page with around 20 fields retrive and update to a database with differing datatypes.  Some fields will have some special controls (dropdowns, radios, buttons, etc) that interact with other parts of the page.  What is the best and/or most efficient code to make the page. Would you use a Formview bound to a standard ADO.net SQL connection and edit the templates. Use a Formview bound to an Object Data Source and edit within the templates. Or use an Object Data Source and bind the...

Can you make Forms semi-modal then postback to calling form??
I leave a Sales form to go to a Sales Item Wizard form. We'd like to make the Wizard modal in the sense that the user must finish building the order before returning or doing anything else. While on the Wizard Form, the user clicks server side dropdown boxes to help build the order. This seems to kill the modality of the form. The data created by the Wizard is currently sent to session variables. We've tried Javascript, but the modality still dies when making trips to the server to run dropdownsboxes. How can I call a Form and make it modal until the user has selected from 3 or...

From a Dropdown DW , can you call up another form
I have a drop down data window. In addition to my list of valid entries for a field I need to provide the capability to have an ADD NEW CUSTOMER row in the DDDW to allow the user to bring up a form to add new customers. My DDDW needs to be like the graphic below. When the user selects Add New Customer, the code will need to bring up a customer entry form that allows the user to enter all the information about the customer. Because of user interface requirements The DDDW can not show all the fields that the user must enter in the customer entry form so I can't use the EDITABLE ...

Can I Call Codebehind method in another form
Can  I  Call   method  of  xxx.aspx.cs  into   another   yyy.aspx.cs ? If  it  is  possible ,  How?Naag.c You created the method will come under one class and namespace(s). So by instantiating the object for that class we will call the method. To access the class we need to mention the namespace also like namespace1.class1 objcl1 = new  namespace1.class1();       objcl1.callMethod(); Seems like bad design though. If there are UI methods that you want to use across multiple p...

Web resources about - Can a login.aspx form be disabled if called from a form in another folder? - asp.net.security

Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MINDS ( Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore ) is a voluntary welfare organisation based in Singapore , that provides services ...

Facebook Disabled Website At HQ, Prompting Employees To Use Mobile
Facebook has been big on dogfooding its employees , and it appears the latest round came when the company shut off its website internally, forcing ...

Facebook Apologizes For Disabling Apps, Launches New Feedback Metrics, Granular Enforcement, Disabled ...
Facebook today apologized for suddenly disabling certain apps last month, saying that it “over-weighted certain types of user feedback, causing ...

American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. A well-deserved addition to DC's Memorials.

Oklahoma Restaurant Owner Won't Serve "Freaks, F*ggots, Disabled" Or Those On Welfare - YouTube
Gary James, owner of Gary's Chicaros in Enid, Oklahoma, said, "I've been in business 44 years, I think I can spot a freak or a faggot." He said, ...

New policy to get disabled people into the workplace launched
The Ministry of Social Affairs has prepared the policy and legislation will follow. ABU DHABI // A national policy to get disabled people into ...

Barack Obama dedicates new momument to honour US's disabled veterans
... autumn Sunday in the heart of a city built around monuments to war, Barack Obama dedicated yet another, a memorial to America&#8217;s disabled ...

Deplorable exercise in ideology will hurt the disabled
An Australian Human Rights Commission ruling will force the closure of many enterprises.

'Cowards' beat disabled man, post video on victim's Facebook page
The video shows one man start to kick and punch the victim. The other man says: &quot;Come on, hold up. Stop, bro&quot; but the first man replies: ...

Trump outdoes himself with this mocking/not mocking of a disabled reporter.
... the weaseling and waffling statements of the reporter and not his physical appearance. If you want to say Trump didn't really mock a disabled ...