.Net Framework Code Access Security - Overidding a Zone Based Code Group with a Publisher Based Code Group

I built a c# .Net 2.0 based user control that I run as an ActiveX control in IE7.  It works fine except for code access security issues ("Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, ......' failed).  To get around the code access security issues, I created a code group within the Machine All_Code group with the Publisher membership conditions based on a valid certificate (which my assembly has) and granted that code group the "Everything" permission set.  Even though my code group is marked as exclusive and is on the same level as the zone based code groups, the zone based code groups seem to always trump my Publisher based code group.  Is there anyway to override the zone base code groups?  I don't want to modify the default zone based permissions.

0
arothenberg

I should have posted this question at www.windowsclient.net, since asking this I found the issue extensively addressed at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=6&SiteID=1.

0
arothenberg

Adjust Intranet Zone Code Security in .NET Framework using Windows Group Policy
Hi,    I am wondering if there is a way to include the setting for the Intranet Zone code security level in the .NET Framework 2.0 using the Windows Group Policy.  Normally, the security level is adjusted by going into the .NET Framework Configuration snap-in/wizard, clicking on Adjust Code security Policy, right-clicking on Runtime Security Policy, clicking on Adjust Security and choosing the appropriate zone to adjust the Security Level for (for instance, Local Intranet).  Can this be set in a group policy or through a script? Saad You can specify the command...

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

what is the use of code access security in .net
Hi,   what is the use of code access security in .net, and how to work in .net 3.5 If you have your code running in separate assemblies then you can restrict the permission set for that assembly by using CAS.You could restrict a desktop application from making DNS requests for example. This section of msdn is devoted to explaining the concepts and usage of Code Access Security:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/930b76w0.aspx Hi good example of CAS is Microsoft SharePoint (WSS 3.0). While Creating your own web parts for sharepoint you will required CAS for your WebPa...

.Net code access security has no effect.
Hi All. I have built a library -MyLib.dll -  for my asp.net application that has been signed using public-private keypair made from sn.exe. I signed it from the signing option in visual studio 2005 and gave the public-private key pair file. I had already added  the StrongNameIdentityPermissionAttribute to one of my classes inside Mylib.dll like the follwowing namespace Test { public class Sample { [StrongNameIdentityPermission(SecurityAction.Demand, PublicKey = "...")] public static void SayHello() { System.Diagnostics.Debug.Writ...

Securing .NET code
When you write your code, compile it, and distribute the exe/dll's, is your source safe? We're not talking about protection against buffer overruns, SQL injection and various other code hacking techniques, we're talking protection of the source code itself, protection of intellectual properties.This article is the result of me touring the danish universities as a Microsoft Student Partner, giving lectures on the subject of securing code and intellectual properties in the realm of the .NET Framework.http://www.improve.dk/articles/dotnet/securing-dotnet-code/Let me know what you th...

code based security
Is asp.net code at security level 'internet ' by default ? Does this mean asp.net program can not access some sort of resources ? What if I run asp.net program on local machine ,with aspnet user owing the admin's privilege?...

Code generation in Microsoft.net ( code that writes code ) Whats its future
Hello, I was just reading a book about Code Generation in .NET. Its damn hard book to read. What do u think is the future of Code GenerationHighOnCodingWanna get high! It's being used now quite a bit. Not necessarily out the box click a button, and you get an application, but applications will generate specific code to function dynamically.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. the refactoring tools already available (and those that are destined for the new IDE) use the same techniques. we will pr...

Looking for good .NET Code Access Security links
I have been reading several of the Microsoft Code Access Security documents. I was look for good links addition sites (user sites, blog site, etc.) where developers are actively implementing Code Access Security (CAS). Thanks for any feedback. Mark Wagner Simple Thoughts from a Simple Mind Blog: http://blogs.crsw.com/mark...

To code or not to code?
The rise of Open Source software adoption has brought with it increased awareness of non-proprietary programming technologies. http://www.itnews.com.au/Feature/4593,to-code-or-not-to-code.aspx -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Need an expert advice how to .net framework configuration creating code group under allcode pointing to my virtual directory
Please, i am struggling since last one week.The thing is i am running a scanner using IE aspx web form, scanning a document and trying to save the image to folder images which is under my virtual directory, i gave the permisions also.by going into internet manager under the virtual directory finding the images folder byright clicking images foldergoing into properties and choosing read and write and also choosed none in the execute permissions plus also went into tab directory security edited the anonymous access and authentication control: checked the anonymous access check box for iusr_ma...

in line coding vs code behind
Hi Let me know which methos is secure for coding in line coding  or   code behind Please give some fact and refrence Thanks   What do you mean what is more secure they are both .NET code Inline coding and code behind were meant just to separate server side code for client side code, coming to security aspect both don't make any difference as once u'r application is deployed, u'r server side code will be made a DLL The IDE has full support for inline code, which includes IntelliSense not just for code, but for HTML, ASP.NET tags, client script, p...

how to convert VB.NET code this code to C#
Hi I have the following code whihc I need to convert to C# since I dont know VB.NET any ideas how to do this: Imports System.IO Imports System.Reflection Add the following code to the class: Private Function GetSql(ByVal Name As String) As String Try ' Get the current assembly. Dim Asm As [Assembly] = [Assembly].GetExecutingAssembly() ' Resources are named using a fully qualified name. Dim strm As Stream = Asm.GetManifestResourceStream(Asm.GetName().Name + "." + Name) ' Read the contents of the embedded file. ...

what is the equivalent C# code for the below Vb.net code
Hello Mate!,                 Could you please tell me the Equivalent C# CODE. This the code: Public Class DatabaseDim Conn_String As String  Public Sub New() Conn_String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("SQL").ConnectionString End SubPublic Sub ExecuteNonQuery(ByVal procName As String, ByVal parameters As Object())Dim ctr As Integer = 0 ctr = SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(Conn_String, procName, parameters) End Sub  Public Function ExecuteReader(ByVal procName As String, ByVal pa...

How to develop .NET security code as a non-admin
The trick to developing code in a nonprivileged environment is to have your main interactive logon be nonprivileged but to keep an admin logon in your pocket for those times that you need it. Look, it doesn't take administrative privileges to edit a text file, and that's what you're doing most of the time when you're programming, right? And you don't want your programs to require admin privileges to run, which is the point of this whole exercise. So your main logon, where you write, compile, link, and test your code (and where you surf the Internet, of course) should...

Web resources about - .Net Framework Code Access Security - Overidding a Zone Based Code Group with a Publisher Based Code Group - asp.net.security

Access to GNB information
... of the public have a right to access government held information. The right to access information is restricted only when there is an overidding ...