.net 3.5 Custome Role Provider Redirect on Access Denied

I built a cutome role provider for authentication on my companies new web site and it works. the only issue i am having is when it encounters a resource the user does not have access to it gives a generic "page cannot be displayed" page. i tried adding some custome error pages for http error 401 in the web.config but it hasnt had any luck. something i read leads me to believe the role provider is actually denying access well before asp gets that far to even do the redirect.

i also havent had much luck researching this so if there is a good article or maybe a tip i would appreciate it. my guess is i will have to utilize the global.asax but i have yet to find anything relevante to my issue.

 thanks.

0
stephenripple

not sure but see if this helps : http://www.asp.net/learn/security/tutorial-07-vb.aspx

/GuruBhai
0
guru_sarkar
6/13/2008 6:08:11 PM

Please make sure that the website is configired as a virtual directory in IIS , also ,make sure that the custom error messages is not overried in IIs ,

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/80cb8d8d-8fd8-4af5-bb3b-4d11fff3ab9c.mspx?mfr=true

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Access denied with non-admin Active Directory account in Windows Server 2003 SP2 accessing .NET 3.5 & AjaxControlToolkit web app
Hi all, This is a little complex problem so please bare with me and please see the attached diagram.Situation: a)Our corporation have 2 networks: 1 with Active Directory and 1 with Private Area Network (PAN).b) I deployed my application to the Application Server running Windows XP Pro SP2, located in PAN. c) In my application, I need to access physical folders and MSMQ service on the File Server (connected both to LAN and PAN with 2 NICs). running Windows Server 2003 SP1 I have shared these folders for everyone in Active Directory and allow everyone to have access to MSMQ on FileServer ...

Appropriate Placement of custom membership provider class in .net 3.5
Hi, I've made a class called MIMembershipProvider. Here is the code: 1 class MyImpactMembershipProvider : MembershipProvider 2 { 3 4 public override bool ValidateUser(String username, String password) 5 { 6 String myusername = "nrk16"; 7 //username = "nrk16"; 8 bool result = UserPrincipal.Login(myusername); 9 10 HttpContext.Current.Session["CslaPrincipal"] = Csla.ApplicationContext.User; 11 return result; 12 ...

Hosting provider only supports .net 2.0 but I developed site in .net 3.5 with Visual Studios '08
I developed a simple site in VS '08 & it's not working on the www after uploading to my hosting provider.  I called technical support & they told me that they only support .net version 2.0 & that my site wasn't displaying b/c I had developed it with .net version 3.5. I understand that the newest versions are built on the previous...  But how do I develop this correctly so that it will work on the www? I don't need to worry about converting what I've already created.  It's just a test page displaying a picture so I can start from scrat...

Hosting provider only supports .net 2.0 but I developed site in .net 3.5 with Visual Studios '08
Is there a way to develop in .net 2.0? My hosting provider only supports .net version 2.0 & I'm using VS '08....  & is creating a site with .net 3.5? I have several .net versions installed, but how do I know, how can I use .net 2.0? Right click on the project, choose Properties and specify 2.0 as a target framework.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. That was easy...  THANKS!  ...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Access to the ADO.net Managed Provider 'SqlClientFactory' was denied in the data source with ID 'SqlDataSource1' because of security settings.
I am getting "Access to the ADO.net Managed Provider 'SqlClientFactory' was denied in the data source with ID 'SqlDataSource1' because of security settings. " When I use database connection to my web applicaiton. Can you tell me what is the problem. I have posted in forum http://forums.asp.net/thread/1306653.aspx but they asked me to post here. I am recieving the same error.  Did you find a solution to this? I was recieving this error while developing webparts for WSS SP2 running on .NET 2.0. I created a custom trust file with a permissionset and codegroup for my assembly...

.net 3.5 convert to .net 2?
 how can i convert in Web Developer 2008 .net framework 3.5   to .net 2 ? KAHREDEN HAREKET ENGELLENNEMEZ  Hi,If you have not used any .NET 3.5 controls, you simply need to remove all references to .NET 3.5 within the web.config. I hope this helps, if it answers your question, don't forget to mark it as such for those who come afterwards.Regards,Gareth ChidgeyManaging DirectorPushInternet Ltd  ok.how  can i create new web site in web developer 2008 at .net framework 2  .    KAHREDEN HAREKET ENGELLENNEMEZ  try this http://we...

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

OPD.NET 10.2G for .Net 3.5
Recently I have decided to migrate from .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.5 it is really cool. However I was using odp.net 10.2g for oracle data access. Is there any release of odp.net 10.2g for .net 3.5???Plz help me in this regart Zeeshan Umar~ Please Mark as Answer if it solves your query ~ If you're referring to ODAC 10.2.0.2.21, then it should work fine with .NET 3.5.  Now, if you're talking about the Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio, I'm not sure if this version works with VS 2008. Regardless, the latest version of ODAC, 11.1.0.6.21, should work as well, even though it is ...

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

Web resources about - .net 3.5 Custome Role Provider Redirect on Access Denied - asp.net.security

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google Purchases Wildfire, A Facebook Marketing Software Provider
... search engine is working to change that. Google has purchased Wildfire , which helps businesses master Facebook, the marketing software provider ...

Phone and internet complaints fall at most providers
Optus has overtaken Vodafone as the most complained-about phone and internet provider per customer in Australia, according to an industry survey. ...

Online payment providers duel for supremacy
The proliferation of smartphones is presenting a once-in-a-generation opportunity to introduce a new paradigm.

KGI expects Apple to sell 2.5M iPad Pros in Q4 as TSMC found to be sole provider of A9x chip
... in January, although it’s unclear if it will breakdown iPad Pro numbers specifically. Also of note, Kuo shares that TSMC is the sole provider ...

How extorted e-mail provider got back online after crippling DDoS attack
Enlarge (credit: www.govcert.admin.ch/ ) ProtonMail, the encrypted e-mail provider that buckled under crippling denial-of-service attacks even ...

Pacific Controls Is Recognised Among ‘50 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers 2015’ by CIOReview Magazine ...
Pacific Controls is recognised among &lsquo;50 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers 2015&rsquo; by CIOReview magazine

Health providers under pressure
Pressure from insurance company negotiations and higher drug costs are forcing hospitals to become more efficient, health-care chiefs said.

UK Internet provider TalkTalk hit by 'significant, sustained cyberattack'
... at the company in the last 12 months. TalkTalk acknowledges that some of its data wasn't protected by encryption. UK phone and broadband provider ...