which data control to use when result does not have fixed number of columns to be displayed

I have a search engine which quries tables in database and returns the result, now in this case, NUMBER OF COLUMNS are NOT FIXED, it depends on the table from which it is getting the data.

My question is .........which  is/are  the data control can be used in this case to display the results and how........I mean if you can show me a sample code or link where I can study more about it.

Please do help me, this is urgent.

Thanks a lot.

0
Prince_Singh

You could use a GridView with AutoGenerateColumns set to True

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.gridview(VS.80).aspx

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
4/5/2009 12:58:49 AM

Thanks a lot for help, you are absolutely right

and sorry for late response,

0
Prince_Singh

Using Data Control in another data control
Hey, How to use a SqlDataSource control in a GridView and so on...I mean i wanna show data which comes from UserTables in a gridview whoses data comes from ContentTable so they are two separated tables. Thanks and Regards...I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] I mean how to use nested gridview controls. Please aren't there any poeple who can help me ?I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Try the links below, they might be of some help to you.http://msdn2.microso...

how to htmlencode data when using data controls to display data
Hi Lets say you are displaying a colllection of records in a gridview and you want to make sure all of the rows and columns are html encoded before you display them, how can can you get the gridview to do this automatically? I don't want to have to create a template for each bound column. Thanks very much andrea Hi Andrea, I believe there is a "HtmlEncode" property on each column that you can set.  By default I believe it is set to true.  You can pull up the column editor by selecting the "edit columns" task, and then select the columns in the botton left of the dialog to see...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

Using Data Controls Without Using ObjectDataSource Control
Hi, I've been looking on the Internet for a tutorial that would show me how to use the data conrols (FormView, GridView etc) without using an ObjectDataSource (or any other data source control).  The reason is that I want to use a formview and gridview from within another formview control to create a single form  that would allow me to insert, update and delete an order and its order details at the same time. I thought that this could be achieved by having a DataSet containing two DataTable objects in the code-behind with the Order DataTable containing one row to repres...

how to add numbers in a any data control (Datagrid,DataList,Repeater) having textbox controls using Javascript?
hi,       i have a data control either(DataList,Grid, Repeater) having 3 textboxes row wise and column wise. I need to add the numbers inside the textbox using javascript in onclient Change or blur event .Anybody know how to do this ? pls give sample code.  javascript:var mygrid = document.getElementById('<%= MyGrid.ClientID %>'); var arrinputs = mygrid.getElementsByTagName("input"); for(var i = 0; i < arrinputs.length; i++) { if(arrinputs[i].type == "text") { // you have a text box now enter in value ...

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

need some feedback on using a multiview control that displays data in a formview control on the fourth view after making selections with radiobuttons on the previous views
I need some feedback on using a multiview control that displays data in a formview control on the fourth view after making selections with radiobuttons on the previous views. I am designing a webpage that allows the user to make certain selections with radio buttons that displays information about the selections on the last view but it seems the web page may be storing there selections in a cache or something because sometimes the last view wont change when I make a different selection with the radiobutton but for the most it changes upon selection but sometimes it wont view the changes...

Any examples of Data-Presentation-Controls used to make a tabular report and display it on browser and allow user to print it?
All -- What is a good way to make a report that can be displayed and printed on a browser's web-page? (I am using VWD-2008Express)The requirements are that ...1) user selects one of 10-reports -- each one having certain filter-params (date-ranges, customer-ranges, and the like) -- (I know I can do this with a form)2) user can view the report(s) on a web-page --     (which controls are used to show the columnar-report? -- how to make data-breaks and summary-rows?)3) user can press a PRINT-button that send the report to the user's printer - else use browser's PR...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

Data not being displayed in my DataList control. I am using a simple ArrayList for the data source
 I am trying to have an array of items display in my DataList control on my web form. The problem is that no data is being displayed on the web form. I am just trying to do a very simple little program here. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is my array of values I want to display in my DataList control         ArrayList strValues = new ArrayList(4);        strValues.Add("A");        strValues.Add("B");        strValues.Add(...

Which Data Presentation Control Should I use?
I'm bulding a contact person manager application as a means of learning my way around in ASP.NET, you know, use something familar to learn something new and all of that. So, its safe to assume I'm fairlynew to this Anyway, I have the database built so that each entity type of data (Email Address,Phone Numbers, etc.) has itsown table, and fields are populated in all tables. I have a series of pages built that allows me to edit the individual pieces like Email Address by contact id and so on. So now I am working on the front endpiece to display the overall result. So far, I have it so that it ...

Web resources about - which data control to use when result does not have fixed number of columns to be displayed - asp.net.presentation-controls

Wikipedia:File copyright tags/Displayed and ranked - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... images in Wikipedia. In order to more easily locate the best copyright tag for any given image, currently available copyright tags are displayed ...

Facebook to adjust calculations for total check-ins displayed on place pages
... go into effect within the next few weeks, and page owners might notice a difference in their total “were here” tally. Total check-ins are displayed ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News - World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps on the App Store ...
Get QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News - World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Is this not bigotry displayed by Houston, TX 3rd grade teacher Angela Box? - YouTube
There is a controversy brewing over third grade elementary school teacher Angela Box. She teaches at Houston Independent School District (HISD) ...

John Robertson displayed error of judgment over Michael McGurk bribe offer for Currawong, inquiry finds ...
Labor leader John Robertson displayed an &#8220;error of judgment&#8221; by failing to report an attempted $3 million bribe from late businessman ...

Surgeon who cut away child's hip bone displayed 'unsatisfactory professional performance'
... orthopaedic surgeon who removed substantial bone from a teenage girl's misaligned hip, further destabilising it and destroying her joint, displayed ...

Wrong flag displayed before North Korea soccer match halts Games
... international incident when the North Korea women's team refused to take the field for more than an hour after the South Korean flag was displayed ...

MH17 plane fragment to be displayed by Russian museum: reports
A fragment of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 will be put on display despite investigators seeking all debris to find out why it crashed.

Sydney siege: Flag displayed during Martin Place hostage crisis not same as that used by terrorist group ...
The flag displayed during the siege at a Sydney cafe is not the same one used by the Islamic State terrorist group.