Tables?! Why Tables?!

Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.

 Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?

www.internetgeeks.co.uk
www.norwichbookclub.co.uk
0
MrPea

You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of the controls, but for now, you have to leave with it or create your own adapter or control if you want to change it.

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik

masterpage and control formatting (table control, HTML table control)
I have a master page that contains 1 contentplaceholder.  In my default.aspx (that uses the masterpage layout) I have a table server control.  During page_load I get the data I need and repeatedly add the usercontrol to the table control, one user control per row.  My user control is basically a HTML table with several rows and columns that's populated with data upon creation. I want this table to fill the contentplaceholder's width. In addition within the masterpage I have a CSS link for my stylesheet. Here are my questions: Is there a better way of adding ...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control
How Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control? add runat="server" attribute to the <table> tag...

HTML Table or Web Control Table?
Hi, I am wondering what is the purpose of using Table web control? It seems to me kind of hard to just drag and drop a textbox or other web controls in the table ... unlike HTML table, we can drag a web controls and just drop it inside the HTML table cell ...? Is there any good tutorial for just how to use the Table control?? There is Microsoft tutorial for table control, is there any others site? I assume you are talking about a data control such as a data grid, data list, or repeater. Try these artciles.... http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052103-1.aspx http://msdn.micr...

alter table of table A causes trigger on table B accesseng table A to fail
hi, i recently faced a strange problem, i have two tables, table A and table B table A has a update trigger which updates data in table B. i altered table B to add two more columns. after which when i updated table A(modifying 1 row), my tran log got full. there was a threshold proc which got fired but it did'nt help much. i though the tables had been corrupted. ran dbcc tablealloc on syslogs, table A, table B, no errors. Just to be sure I ran a dbcc checkdb, checkalloc and checkcatalog - no errors i recreated the trigger - no use. dropped the trigger. updated the table it ...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

Insert controls into a table cell? (Table managment)
Hi. I can not manage to drag and drop web-controls into a single table cell? I am currently designing a registration form where I want to have f.e. a textbox inside a table cell. Is this possible at all or do I have to insert/manage the asp:textbox by using the code editor? I noticed Dreamweaver MX had the feature to select each cell (really create table control actually) individually, but that was a regular form. DWMX have ASP.NET support but only a few basic web-controls. I really want to use WebMatrix so a solution for this is really wanted! Thanks. Have you tried using t...

table in a table in RDLC
Using just one datatable how can I show a table by the first group (say customers) and in it a table of customer specific information? When I put a table in a footer cell of the customer, It shows all the details of all the customers in it.  I am not sure if I understood your requirement. Do post back with more details in case you meant something else.I suppose you want to filter the datatable for each customer. You can create a DataView and filter it for one customer before using it. Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

HTML Table in Table?
Hi All Could I build a HTML table in a HTML table with the outlook of the inner table is one of the cell of the outer table? It is because I found my inner table always smaller than the cell of the TD. What I want to do is the inner table to 100% fill all the td of the outer table? Regards Alex  Hi hnchanyou can easily do it. Pardon for my suggestion, but if you want to do it dynamically then you can use HTMLTable, HTMLTableRow, HTMLTableCell classes to build your table at run time. and easily add cell to your row by simply row.Add method and same for adding table to row.hope...

copying from table to table
I would like to copy the contents of one column in a table to another table. However, the first column of type double while the column it is being copied to is a varchar. Any ideas? Let's talk about the ideal situation. If the first table is 1 column and you can just blatently update the other table with the value, create a pipeline from the numberic table/column to the character table/column. Go to the SQL pane and change the SELECT "number_table"."anum" FROM "number_table" To SELECT string("number_table".&quo...

Table inside a Table results in a gap at the bottom of the table
All,When I put a table inside a table, it leaves a gap at the bottom.When you then have tables inside tables inside tables this gap becomes cumulative and are left with a hude gap at the bottome of the web form which is unwanted. Can anyone help. Cheers  Give height="100%" and width="100%" of inner table.Also check you had not given cellspacing and cellpadding with big value.BrindeshSoftware Developer,India.If you found that this is right answer then mark it as answer, so that future readers get benefits of it....

Table in Table Dynamically?
Hi First a note of thanks to many - ~Rick in particular - for the help earlier given. I have a table in which I can add rows and columns. It is fine. Now I want to add a second table as a row to the first table with code. How does this work? I tried creating second table and created rows in second table with cells (No problems). Now how do I add the second table to first one (adding in the additional row) with code? I tried the following. Table my2Table = CreateTable2(); // This routine creates table 2. No errors and works fine. Table1.Rows.Add((TableRow)(my2Table)) // Er...

The same table (Table) cannot be the child table in two nested relations.
Hi, I"m getting this error when trying to load an XML document from a third party. I don't have the option of asking them to rename anything. Here's what i'm trying to accomplish. DataSet _ds = new DataSet(); _ds.ReadXml(URL, XmlReadMode.InferSchema); I tried InferSchema, IgnoreSchema and, of course, Auto. I got the same error w/ Infer as Auto (above). With Ignore, I got an empty DataSet. Please help!!! Thanks, kyle.kyleRochehttp://www.kyleroche.com Get that url, and dump it to the browser. It seems like it's not meant to be loaded into a dataset. Or it's...

What is the difference between #table and ##table
If i create a ##table using my stored procedure, I can do the select * from ##table but when i created the #table using the stored procedure and tried to do the select * from #table I am getting the error message invalid object #table that means it is going out of scope. But if i create the ##table, will that table going to remain in the database even until i drop the ##table or it gets dropped when i close the database connection. Thank you very much. -Raj There are two types of temporary tables: Local temporary tables The names of these tables begin with one n...

Web resources about - Tables?! Why Tables?! - asp.net.presentation-controls

Table of United States Core Based Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
for the United States of America . The OMB defines a Core Based Statistical Area as one or more adjacent counties or county equivalents that ...

Everything is on the table: leaked COAG agenda reveals GST changes being considered
Massive increases to the GST that would raise up to $45 billion annually will be on the table when Malcolm Turnbull and state premiers meet on ...

Central Australian table grape season looking good but rain and competition threatens
Central Australian table grape season is on again and things are looking good for a farm in Ti Tree.

Philly Papers Set the Kobe Table
As usual, the Philadelphia Daily News has the killer-pun front page headline. But in terms of must-reads ahead of Kobe Bryant’s final visit ...

Laying My Cards on the Table
Steven Hayward at the wingnut PowerLine blog indulges in a silly hypothetical: GUNS: TIME TO CALL THE LIBERAL BLUFF? Here’s an idea: let’s ...

Refugees Welcomed at My Thanksgiving Table
... Laos. Once, on Thanksgiving, I started a conversation asking everyone's earliest memories. She spoke last. She remembered eating at a table ...

Connecting the Online World to the Offline World with Data: A Round-table Chat at #BIAKNEXT
Connecting the Online World to the Offline World with Data: A Round-table Chat at #BIAKNEXT was originally published on BruceClay.com, home of ...

Survive awkward moments at your Thanksgiving dinner table
What's the best way prevent fights over subjects like politics and religion, or even your love life?

Star Trek Transporter Pad Coasters Help Your Wooden Tables Live Long and Prosper
... simple tool that makes life more efficient, cutting down on the need for extra time spent cleaning while extending the lifespan of wooden tables. ...

Draghi: Risk of deflation 'firmly off the table'
European Central Bank President Mario Draghi spoke at the Economic Club of New York on Friday.