Setting DropDownList Selected Item from dbase SELECT

Hi!

I've searched everywhere for the answer to this problem, but I can't seem to find the answer. I'm making an edit page for a user to edit their profile. One of the fields is a DropDownList containing a list of states (the states is populated from a database call to a lookup table). I want to match the state the user has in their profile to the appropriate state in the drop-down, and make that item selected. Unfortunately, I can't find any examples on how to do this. Also, since the drop-down control is within a repeater control (to populate the fields), it makes it even more difficult.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!
0
Piornet