Set Focus inside datalist control

Hi all

Guys how can i set focus of a textbox which is render inside a datalist control.   i did that by using txt.focus(); but after post back focus comes back to same row .i want to make it jump in another row . any suggestion and help how to do this row count  and after post back set the focus to next row textbox

thx

0
avanish_cool

Try this.

Get the reference of the control inside the datalist by using the findcontrol method. Next set that the default focus.

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
4/10/2008 9:39:12 AM

You can also try and have some javascript at the end of the page load to set the focus in the textbox

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in

Setting DropDownList controls inside a Datalist control
I have DropDownList controls inside a Datalist control.   I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to enable or disable a ListItem control accordingly with the  data contained in a DataTable.   Here are the ListItem controls:       <asp:ListItem Value="blue" >Blue</asp:ListItem>     <asp:ListItem Value="red" >Red</asp:ListItem>     <asp:ListItem Value="black" >Black</asp:ListItem>     <asp:ListItem Value="white" >white</asp:ListItem>   For i...

How to set focus in a control inside Collapsible Panel Control
I am using Collapsible panel Control and inside Contentpanel I have a textbox into which I want to set the focus.  ScriptManager.SetFocus(Textbox1) does not work   Could someone help please?   Thanks, Rupen I found that there is some patch available to fix this issue. http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6986  But I do not know how to apply this. Could someone tell me?     Hi Rupen, From the url provided above, I have found a sample with the name "FocusCollapsibelPanelExtender.zip " under "F...

DataList control inside another dataList control...
one of my aspx page requires to display data from a master table and show another set of data inside each row from a child table i tried by putting a datalist another datalist but could not make it i get errors :: CODE :: Dim ObjChildRental As DataList() Dim StrRentalSql As String = "select rentalid,startdate,enddate,amount,lookup.lookupname as curr from rental inner join lookup on lookup.lookupid=rental.currencyid where rental.propertyid=1" ObjChildRental = DLPropertyMaster.FindControl("dlpropertymaster:_ctl0:dlrental") M.BindDataList(ObjChild...

Controls inside Datalist control
When I droped a CustomValidator on a web form and double click on the control, it brings me to the code withPrivate Sub CustomValidator1_ServerValidate(ByVal source As System.Object, ByVal args As System.Web.UI.WebControls.ServerValidateEventArgs) Handles CustomValidator1.ServerValidate End SubBut if I droped a CustomValidator in a DataList control, I couldn't see the control.  I tried Handles DataList.CustomValidator1.ServerValidate, but it didn't work.  How do I make the CustomValidator in a DataList work?  Thanks.Dan-Yeung Hi, you cannot assign event handler into a co...

Set Focus to a control inside a panel with scrollbars while the control is not in the visible area of the panel
Hello, I have a little problem setting the focus to a control. On my page there is a panel with auto scrollbars. Inside these panel I place Controls, which I add dynamicaly on page load event . After adding several controls to the panel I have to set the focus to a special control I placed on the panel. That is no problem until the auto Scrollbars kick in and the control I have to set the focus to is gets out of the visible area of the panel. Can anyone tell me please how to move the scrollbars of the panel by code or how to set the focus to my control   Thanks   RITC Just ...

How to access control inside DataList control?
I have a dataList control that is used to create thumbnails of my images. Inside this dataList I have an Image, HyperLink, and CheckBox controls. I want to access the checkBox controls during run time when the user click on the Delete button. In the btnDelete method, I want to check if the chbDelete control is checked. If it is checked, grab the Text property (which is the file path and file name) and then delete the file off of the image folder. So here's my code.  1 CheckBox chbImageFile = (CheckBox)dtlBrowseImage.FindControl("chbDelete"); 2 3 if (ch...

Binding controls inside the datalist control
Hi All, I am trying to render flash movie files inside a data list contol which is bounded to the database. What i wanna to do is to get the value from the data list as itme index and then render the falsh movie file accordingly. I have a fucntion for that render for flash file. My problem is that i want to make a call to that render function from my data list. To hold that flash file i am using a place holder in the web form. i come to a solution where i am using objF = (PlaceHolder)e.Item.FindControl("FlashObj"); Render(objF); its working but i am not convienced with that. is the...

How to find a Control inside a Datalist(DataList also inside in a DataList)
I search the forum but i couldn't find the solution. Most examples written in VB.NET. I have Datalist(DataList1) showing some data and inside DataList1 there is one more DataList(DataList2). Inside DataList2 there are checkboxes. Outside of DataList1 there is Button(Button1). What i want is, when i click Button1, it wil find the CheckBoxes which is checked , and gets their Text property and assign it to a string or something. Will be very appreciated for help. Waiting for answers. I am using VS.2005 and coding with C#.  Here is a example schema: #DataList1######################...

Set the property of a server control inside a user control inside a Master Page
How do you set the property(ForeColor) of a server control(lnkInquiryReport2) located in a user control (LeftNavMain1) within a Master Page (default.master)? On the user control, expose a property of type color and bind this to the forecolor for the hyperlink control [keep some default value]. On your master page expose the user control as a property. On your content page, access the uc via the master's prop and the forecolor prop via the uc's prop and set it. Instead of exposing the uc from the master, you can also find the uc on the master - cast it to the correct type and then access th...

another Control inside a Datalist Control question
hi, after a few research, i was informed that i can't simply access a control inside a datalist/repeater-style control because this control inside the datalist control, during run-time, will be "recreated" many times, hence they will have different ID's.  now, i have this simple web site. it contains a "blog" feature, where logged-in users may post messages. i do this by creating a separate "post new" message, that contains a few textboxes (subject, message, etc), then when i click the post button, it performs an SQL INSERT to my sql database. i then take the user back to t...

Setting focus to controls after committing popup control
Hi, I have two textboxes. In the first I want input of date type. So I set a popup control with calendar to this textbox. A user can now select a date from calendar. If he does so, the calendar disapper and the value is written to textbox. It is all ok, but a focus is lost. How can I set focus to another control. (To the second textbox in my case)? Using TextBox2.Focus() doesn`t work, also it is in the same UpdatePanel control. Thanks for any idea, radcoIf this is a answer to your problem, mark it as answer in right upper corner. It helps other who read your article to known that it...

How to access control inside DataList control? #2
Since DataList does not seem to have mode, I can't find a way to access the Image control inside of DataList control.I have tried this:Image imgStaffPic = (Image)DataList1.FindControl("imgStaffImage");imgStaffPic.Visible = false; The error was: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  So any help is appreciated. Hello, Have you tried using the ItemDataBound Event? Here is a sample I put together for you.  protected void DataList1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) { if(e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType...

How can I dynamically access control inside DataList ItemDataBound event when SeparatorTemplate is used for DataList control?
Hello, Usually I can dynamically access control (Label in this case) inside DataList ItemDataBound event using this code: Dim Label1 As Label = e.Item.FindControl("Label1")Label1.Text = "sample text" But when custom SeparatorTemplate is used for DataList control, then this code no longer works and produces this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

Trying to set focus to child control inside FormView EditItemTemplate inside a TabPanel
Hey all I have a long page with a bunch of FormViews that I want to have the user click to the EditItemTemplate and have the focus go to that particular FormView in the aspx page. Or if not the focus at least to have the page scroll to where that control is so the user isn't confused  Here is kind of what I am doing  1 <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Account Info"> 2 <ContentTemplate> 3 <asp:FormView ID="fvMyName" runat="server" DataSourceID="sqlGetMemberName" ...

Web resources about - Set Focus inside datalist control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Email Domain Datalist Helper
What if someone signs up for your web app and they type in their email address as susan_smith@gmaoil.com? They don't notice, they never get their ...

South-west Marine Reserves Network - Resources
[toc on_off::hide=0 on_off::automatic=0 on_off::min_limit=5 box::title=Contents box::minlevel=2 box::maxlevel=2 box::hide_show=1 box::collapsed=1 ...

HTML5无障碍支持解决方案
工作正在进行中:实例解决方案 返回 表的图例 & 说明: “不支持" - 意味着如果提供有建设性意义的变通方案仍不能被浏览器支持。 “部分支持” - 意味着建设性意义的变通方案在浏览器中提供一些无障碍支持。 “没实现” - 意味着新特性在浏览器中仍然没有实现。 “支持” - means ...

銆婄函鐪熺殑骞翠唬銆嬬1闆哶楂樻竻鍦ㄧ嚎瑙傜湅_鏂版氮澶х墖_鏂版氮缃?/title>
... 鏂扮櫧鍙戦瓟濂充紶 鏄庢湞澶╁惎鍥涘勾锛屽箍鍏冨湴鍖鸿繛骞撮ゥ鑽?.. 娓╁窞涓€瀹朵汉 銆婃俯宸炰竴瀹朵汉銆嬩互涓€鎴锋櫘閫氫汉瀹剁殑... 闃垮浣块亾浼?/a> 銆婇樋濞樹娇閬撲紶銆嬩互鏈濋矞鏃朵唬涓鸿儗鏅?.. 鐑棬瑙嗛 姝e湪鍔犺浇...璇风◢绛墌 ${++dataList_index} ...

Adactio: Journal
The thoughts and ramblings of Jeremy Keith, a web developer living in Brighton in southern England.

datalist experiment
demo implementation of datalist element

Issues for pfeldman - Code Review
Keyboard Shortcuts File u : up to issue m : publish + mail comments M : edit review message j / k : jump to file after / before current file ...

Google’s new Chrome Beta 24 is 26% faster than last year’s browser
... the Octane Javascript benchmark. For developers, there are tons of new features in Chrome Beta 24 including new un-prefixed APIs, MathML, datalist ...

Accessible Mozilla: Firefox 24
Alex's blog Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Here's a list of Firefox 24 (currently Aurora ) improvements for assistive technology. ARIA We supported ...

Google Chrome 24 Released, Claims 26% Speed Improvement
Google today released a new version of its browser. On the Octane benchmark, this version is claimed to have 26% speed improvement over the last ...