Report Features NOT using SQL Server Reporting Services

Hi,

I have a web app that is using rdlc reporting that needs some refinement.  The research I've done on the improvements I'd like to make indicates that they can be done with SQL Server Reporting Services; however, I don't have a license for SQL Server and would like not to have to purchase one if I can do what needs to be done without it.

I'd like to know if it is POSSIBLE in rdlc reporting to do 2 things, and if so, how to approach a solution:

1. I would like to export a version of the report to a file location on a routine basis (say once a day).

2. The page setup on the .xls and .pdf export does not allow\retain any print formatting such as landscape, paper size, margins, etc.  Is there a way to do this for an rdlc report export?

Thanks,

Sophig

0
sophig

Hi sophig,

Cannot find a solution. You can try to post in this forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/threads/

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Build Timlenie Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Report Builder 2.0 or VS Inteligent 2008
 Hi, I have just started using SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL Server 2008). I've build my first reports in Report Builder 2.0 and in VS 2008. I need to build reports with timelines. So I have to execute evry second (or minute) sql query to check and calculate the value.Do you have an idea how to do this?OR if you can send some links to a good tutorials :) I will apprisiate.Thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Do you have the time data in your database  or u just have the start time and end time?  If i have exsact time :) then buildi...

Creating Editable Reports using Sql server Reporting Services
Hey All I m new to sql server reporting services and have done a lot of search into it i have also created some custom reports now i want to  create editable reports the textbox control which we can add in reports should be editable after generation of reports  i think its possible just want to know how so wht do u think   regards shark...

How to generate the reports in details manner by using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I am generating the reports in a webpage as a details manner by using SQL Server Reporting Services.Here I am using asp.net2.0 with c#. Report should be like this:                                          WorkOrder Details -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to use report generated by sql server 2005 reporting services in web application
Dear All, I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2005 as a back End  I now want to generate report using through sql server reporting services. Please give me some useful link so that I can able to use report generated by sql server 2005 through my web application   Thanks   ...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

Is it possible to use a stored procedure that outputs xml to render a report? (SQL Server Reporting Service)
Is it possible to use a stored procedure that outputs xml to render a report? I mean, if my stored procedure outputs xml Can I catch fields from xml in my server report? If yes, can I have little bit idea about how to use?   Thanks in advance.....

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service ReportViewer Control and Visual Studio.NET 2003
Hi, We have an ASP.NET 1.1 Application that is written using VS2003 but using SQL Server 2005 as database. Can we use Report Viewer Control that comes with SQL Server 2005 in our ASP.NET 1.1 Application?If not, Can some one suggest some alternative way of showing SQL Server 2005 Reports in ASP.NET 1.1  appllication.  ...

Will there be a clash if i use a report viewer (report Server) and a report service in the same website but on different pages
Will there be a clash if i use a report viewer (report Server) and a report service in the same website but on different pages Any help will be appreciated. Regards Karen  No, there will not be any clash.Always remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. Thank you!-----------Cheers,atlasnetguy...

Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server
I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,The data source, and database that the reports use/access are ona remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ) So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reportsto the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reportingservices projects? Because basically my local directory structure for thereports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server: C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\M...

How can I fetch a report using ReportViewer control when Reporting Services uses Forms Authentication?
I followed the standard MS article on implementing Forms Authentication for Reporting Services which can be found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms160724.aspx which works correctly when the user browses to <reportserver>/Reports. When I try to display a specific report in the website using ReportViewer like this <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" ProcessingMode="Remote">    <ServerReport ReportServerUrl="http://vmsb-isisdev/ReportServer" ReportPath="TestReport" /></rswe...

drill down report in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
Hi, I want to create a drill-down report in SQL RS using stored procedures. My stored procedure returns a dataset with multiple tables. This is where the problem comes in. From the looks of it, SQL RS can only handle a dataset with one table when a stored procedure is used to retrieve the data. I haven't found any documentation on using stored procedures with SQL RS. Does that mean that I have to create two datasets, one for the master data and another one for the detail data, and render them seperately?(I was hoping to use it the way I do in .Net, with multiple tables within th...

Web resources about - Report Features NOT using SQL Server Reporting Services - asp.net.presentation-controls

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United Nations Correspondents Association Recognizes Outstanding International Reporting
As is the case each year, the list of winners honored this month by the United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) is impressive. Benedict ...

How Apple might avoid reporting a decline in iPhone sales
The crucial number in Apple's next quarterly earnings call, for Q1 in fiscal year 2016, is 74,468,000. That is the number of iPhone unit sales ...

Reporting Mischaracterizes Clayton Homes’ Treatment of Customers and Employees
Clayton Homes offers homes and financing to all Americans regardless of their race, socioeconomic status, or background.

New technology offers on-field head injury reporting
Experts hope system will help get student athletes the speedy treatment they need after head injuries such as concussions

Ford changes pension reporting
Ford said it will restate its financial results since 2011 and show a $1.5 billion rise in 2015 pretax profit as it changes its pension reporting. ...

Apple investigating iPhone 6s models not correctly reporting battery life
If you have an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus that’s not properly showing how much battery you have left, there’s good news and bad news. Bad news ...

ObamaCare Reporting Deadline Pushed Back For Employers
The agencies say most taxpayers won't be affected by the extension

Coaches, A.D. At Tennessee HS Charged For Not Reporting Sexual Assault In Hazing Incident
Criminal charges have been brought against the basketball coach, assistant coach, and athletic director at the Tennessee high school where three ...

California fines Uber $7.6 million for not reporting driver data
Uber was hit with a $7.6 million fine on Thursday after the California Public Utilities Commission found that the company failed to provide proper ...